Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Love it!! I hope Lana and Adelaide will have some scenes together where they actually interact, not just group scenes.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
Love it!! I hope Lana and Adelaide will have some scenes together where they actually interact, not just group scenes.
Same
Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Aww blowing kisses. So cute.

Quote:
Agreed. That would be amazing.

Ade was having some fun with snapchat.

X

ranmathecat: Hard at work or hardly working?

Sunshine on the set of OUAT.

adelaidekane: SUN, YES 🌞
Old 09-21-2017, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, my name is Erin and I'd love to be added to a list if there is one!
Basically, I watch Once Upon a Time and upon reading for what season 7 brings, there was a huge excitement about Adelaide joining the cast because she was a real talent. So I actually began looking her up and after a while I decided I wanted to see what the excitement is about and now I'm seeing it I am only half way through season 1 of Reign (but you won't upset me if any spoilers slip since the show is long over) but oh my gosh, Adelaide is completely amazing as Queen Mary. She nails the part so perfect fully. She is so classy, prim and proper but also has passion and conviction and that is a character I can always get behind! Anyway, I had never heard of Adelaide until just a few weeks ago and now season 7 has me ready for her!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Hi Erin, I'm a Once Upon a Time fan too. Welcome! I initially started watching Reign on netflix and caught up by late season 2. That was the first I knew of Adelaide and I instantly fell in love with she and Mary. She portrays so many different emotions and the character grows so much over the 4 seasons. I was so excited to hear she is going to be on Once and I can't wait to see what she is going to bring to Drizella!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Welcome, Erin! I'm so glad you discovered Adelaide (and Reign). She's a true talent and an adorable human being. I'm BEYOND excited to see what she brings to Drizella. I actually made a point of catching up with OUAT when I found out Ade was going to be on it, and I AM SO IN LOVE. Be sure to let us know what you think of Reign as you continue watching.

New interview with Ade about her character on OUAT. ---- Adelaide Kane Calls 'Once Upon A Time' Character Drizella 'Very Petty'

Still being gorgeous, even on a "bad hair day."

adelaidekane: When you're having a good skin day but your hair is misbehaving ������
Old 09-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Welcome, Erin! I'm so glad you discovered Adelaide (and Reign). She's a true talent and an adorable human being. I'm BEYOND excited to see what she brings to Drizella. I actually made a point of catching up with OUAT when I found out Ade was going to be on it, and I AM SO IN LOVE. Be sure to let us know what you think of Reign as you continue watching.
Aw thanks for the warm welcome and that's so cool that you are checking into OUAT. The first season is quite dark but in a good way what season or episode are you at? Or have you already finished the series?

Quote:
Hi Erin, I'm a Once Upon a Time fan too. Welcome! I initially started watching Reign on netflix and caught up by late season 2. That was the first I knew of Adelaide and I instantly fell in love with she and Mary. She portrays so many different emotions and the character grows so much over the 4 seasons. I was so excited to hear she is going to be on Once and I can't wait to see what she is going to bring to Drizella!
Hi thank you to for the warm welcome! I could see now why you were excited upon hearing of Ade joining the show. My guess is she'll be quite wicked but awesome I wonder if she'll simply be villainous or if they'll humanize her a bit. With the huge changes for season 7 I was hesitant about watching but I feel like with how much I love OUAT I have to give it a shot
Old 09-22-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Aw thanks for the warm welcome and that's so cool that you are checking into OUAT. The first season is quite dark but in a good way what season or episode are you at? Or have you already finished the series?
I've already finished the series through Season 6. I had watched the first couple seasons as they were airing, and then like an IDIOT I got away from the show. Last month, I binged it from the beginning and I am SO happy that I did. IT'S SO GOOD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Hi thank you to for the warm welcome! I could see now why you were excited upon hearing of Ade joining the show. My guess is she'll be quite wicked but awesome I wonder if she'll simply be villainous or if they'll humanize her a bit. With the huge changes for season 7 I was hesitant about watching but I feel like with how much I love OUAT I have to give it a shot
I'm sure she'll be both wicked and awesome. I really hope they humanize her character a bit, too. That's what OUAT does best with their villains.

I'm a little anxious about all of the changes happening in Season 7, too. But like you said, we have to give it a shot.

Another post from the set of OUAT. Ade was up since 5 AM. The hours of an actor. I couldn't do it.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay...update for my rewatch. I absolutely had to stop after 2x09 and take a breath. I am so broken hearted for Mary that she was raped I am so hurt for her I didn't see it coming at all, I thought those men were just holding her down to choke her to death or beat her but then I lost it as Mary slid down the table in tears upon being asked if she was raped by Catherine. I am speechless.
Rape is not something I've ever experienced but boy do I imagine it to the point where I'm crying for a character that endured it.
That song "Take Control" by Kodaline, I already knew of the song so when it started playing as Mary went back up to her throne to make her speech, I was like oh my god what a perfect song for Mary. A very brave, beautiful and strong queen taking on all that she has and still gets up on her throne to be the incredible queen we love her for!
Ade shines on once again for me
Old 09-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Oh, Erin. I couldn't agree more. Ade's performance in 2x09 is simply STUNNING. Gut-wrenching... but brilliant and moving. She really made you feel everything Mary endured. And how could you could not love our queen's strength and courage in that final scene. I was so incredibly proud of Adelaide (and Mary)!!

Adelaide on the plane back to LA.

[Click right]

New/Old portrait of Ade at SDCC 2014.

X

Adelaide at her friend Teri's birthday party.

[Click right]

laysladeo: love em ������

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-26-2017 at 06:53 PM
Old 09-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Adeladie's performance in that episode was wonderful and heartbreaking. I knew it was going to happen because I saw some backlash online at the time it aired (directed at the writers) and I actually chose to fast forward through the actual rape scene because some things I just do not want to watch, but I did watch all the scenes before and after. The scene afterward with Mary and Catherine was probably was of the best of the series.

Promo pic of Adelaide for OUAT. They haven't done promo pics for several years, so this is big.

These Once Upon a Time Season 7 Character Portraits Will Take Your Breath Away | E! News

Quote:
DRIZELLA (ADELAIDE KANE)
Cinderella's evil stepsister, played by the Reign alum, also goes by Ivy in the Hyperion Heights-set real world.

ETA:

source ABC

Last edited by sherry02; 09-26-2017 at 12:24 PM
Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Agreed. The Mary/Catherine scene after the rape is EVERYTHING. Definitely the best of the series.

Ahh I knew I could count on you to share those new promo pics, Sherry! They're beautiful. Such a QUEEN.

Ade, Joey and some friends at SoHo House.

X

So Ade got some really cute stuff from @7fam today.

X

X

And she looks super cute in her new glasses!

X

Aww Ade drove Laysla to her doctor's appointment and gave her treats.

SO CUTE!!!

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-26-2017 at 07:10 PM
Old 09-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I knew it was going to happen because I saw some backlash online at the time it aired (directed at the writers) and I actually chose to fast forward through the actual rape scene because some things I just do not want to watch, but I did watch all the scenes before and after. The scene afterward with Mary and Catherine was probably was of the best of the series.
Oh wow, I am so curious now. Why would there be backlash on this? Is it the fact that it's a traumatic thing to re-enact and can be triggering? Did fans just not want to "see" things that tragically do happen in real life on television?
I understand that it is an extremely sensitive subject that make tensions run high, but we regularly see murder and torture in this show a long with plenty of others I've watched (and that especially includes OUAT) maybe it's the fact that the subject matter was tackled in general? It seems like we've far desensitized ourselves to murder in movies and television but when there's a rape even I'll admit, I'm shocked to the core because of how rare it is for me at least to actually "see" it happening. Usually when rape is done in television it;s often a character talking about it as a past time or it just shows a girl black out at a party and we're to assume someone took advantage of her. At least for ME, you guys may very well come back with "omg there are so many rape scenes in shows Erin!"

So what did you guys think of the scene being done? Were any of you here offended and hated it? I first was shocked, then heartbroken, and then I was actually impressed with the fact that they addressed it because it's so very clear how little a woman's value was by only being defined by her "virtue". I would think if any show should do this, it's Reign. It perfectly encompasses what a woman's worth was in that time period, so shying away from it would be the offending thing to do in my opinion.

Also I am paying attention to your posts on Ade. I really love how much she's posting or giving us something new on a nearly daily basis
Old 09-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

I don't remember specifically the content of the backlash, I just remember it was how I found out about the rape storyline before I actually got to those episodes.

For me personally, I just don't like a lot of violence in shows, especially sexual violence. It is the reason I cannot watch Game of Thrones or Outlander, both of which are shows that I would probably really like if it weren't for so much violence. I don't watch torture scenes either. I guess I'm just over sensitive. I know most people can watch it and forget about it after. I tend to get things like that stuck in my head and can't get them out, so I just avoid them.

The only shows I've watched in recent years besides Reign that tackled rape are Downton Abbey and Switched at Birth. On Downton Abbey, it happened behind closed doors, although you could hear her screaming. Switched at Birth tackled the consent issues of drunk sex, but that was a little different because they didn't show how it happened, she woke up in bed the next morning with her ex not remembering anything.

I definitely wasn't offended by it. Rape is a real thing that happens and unfortunately in the time period Reign was set in, women weren't valued enough for it to be even really be considered a crime. Mary is a character I cared very much about, so of course I didn't want to see that happen to her so I guess you would say that I hated that the writers chose for that to happen to her. That's more a case of me attaching my own feelings to the character than it is about whether or not it was good storytelling. You can probably tell from my icon that Regina is my favorite character on OUAT and to this day I cannot re-watch her torture scenes from season 2.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, there was plenty of backlash when the episode first aired. It was a very tense time in this fandom. My impression was that most people were upset because it was very traumatic and could be a trigger for those who been through a similar experience. I know many thought there should have been a warning at the beginning of the episode, and not just a message at the end.

Personally, I was not offended by it. YES, it was EXTREMELY brutal and difficult to watch, but it was also very powerful and REAL - a testament to Adelaide's amazing performance. And like you ladies pointed out - you can find all kinds of violence in all kinds of tv shows. Coupled with the Mary/Catherine scene immediately after, I thought Mary's rape had the potential to be a very important storyline about a woman surviving and HEALING. I was more disappointed in the "aftermath" and it's consequences... but I will let you make up your own mind about that, Erin.

And MORE Ade posts. She was with her good friend, Violet Benson. [Click Right - The videos I posted earlier with Laysla are in there, too.]

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-27-2017 at 09:49 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread