Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

ANNOUNCEMENT: In case you haven't heard, REIGN WILL BE RETURNING MONDAY, APRIL 25th! This means that we have enough Sundays before the hiatus ends to make it to Episode 1x14 (Dirty Laundry) in the rewatch... if we go in order. OR, we could continue the rewatch after the show continues? Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose Scarlett (View Post)
I still love Mary despite everything. S2 was terrible for character development but I just want Mary to be happy now. She's gone through a hell of a lot. I hope I'll have time to catch up on the rewatch soon! I watched the first scenes of Mary at the convent the other day and couldn't believe how much she'd grown. Adelaide's good.
Amen to all of that, Ruby. Mary has been through so much. I just want her to find some happiness now and end reunited with the man she loves. I hope you're able to catch up on the rewatch, too!

As for Francis' facination with Mary's neck... it is extremely consistent. Like Stephen said, it could be its own survivor. The fact that he knows the exact spot to kiss to make Mary come undone.

Last edited by kerbear28; 02-11-2016 at 07:27 PM
Old 02-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I do still love Mary and want her to be happy. She deserves happiness after all that she's been through. I just wasn't her biggest fan in season 2, which is entirely the writers' faults because they didn't have to make her so unlikable but they did so anyways.

Neck kisses.

And there's like, a million possibilities for Frary survivors.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yes, it was completely unnecessary. Stupid writers. But, thankfully, Season 3 has done a lot to restore my love and respect for Mary. Her love and devotion to Francis when he was ill was truly touching. It says a lot that a character like Francis loved her enough to lay down his own life for hers. To him, she was worth the sacrifice...despite everything she had done. If he can give her a second chance, so can I.

Last edited by kerbear28; 02-11-2016 at 08:56 PM
Old 02-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Completely agree, Keri.

And just saw your announcement about this season's return date. As for the re-watch, I'm glad this will pull us through 1x14 even though it means having to relive the Francis-less days of 1x10 and 1x11. I still haven't watched 1x10 to this day.

Last edited by enchantedstarlight; 02-11-2016 at 08:57 PM
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah...we totally skipped 1x10 - 1x12 when we did our first Season 1 rewatch. We were all still bitter back then. But, there are good points in those episodes. Catherine is AMAZING. I assume that we'll want to keep going in order for this rewatch. As long as we get to the beauty of 1x13, I'm happy.

OH, and speaking of the MILLIONS of possibilities for Frary survivors - I'm working on a Frary Parallels survivor at the moment, and we're almost through all of the episodes in Season 1 in our Frary Quote survivors.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

We were super bitter back then. I think we skipped the episodes because we were doing a re-watch exclusive to this thread and it made no sense to watch episodes where Francis and Mary didn't interact at all.

And yes, I remember Catherine was the best thing about 1x11 and 1x12. I'll have to give 1x10 a shot during this re-watch, if only for her.

I'm excited for the parallels survivor and the rest of the quotes survivors.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, that's true. We were doing the rewatch here on the Frary thread, so if there was no Frary in the episode it made sense to skip it. The current rewatch is more general and open to all Reign fans.

You should definitely give 1x10 a shot. So excited for you to rewatch with us.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

I'll definitely give it a shot.

But I'm very much looking forward to the 1x04, 1x07 and 1x13 re-watches. My three favorite episodes from the show.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmmm. Favorite 1x01 to 1x13 survivor?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
That gif set could be its own survivor.
I know right?
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 02-12-2016, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

So happy we don't have to wait that long, it could have been summer but no it's April
and yes, seems like we're going to rewatch until 1x14. Still good, those were the best episodes of S1 imo, after 1x14 it started to be a little bit disappointing, I still love not-married Frary the most, when they were young innocent and still unsure about most of the things but not their feelings towards each other
Old 02-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedstarlight (View Post)
But I'm very much looking forward to the 1x04, 1x07 and 1x13 re-watches. My three favorite episodes from the show.
Those episodes are certainly at the top of my list, too. We actually had a survivor of Season 1 episodes, and 1x07 was winner.

^ Issi, I suppose I agree. Not that I don't adore Frary at every stage of their relationship, but there was something so precious and pure about Frary before they got married. It was so enchanting to watch them discover their love for each other and struggle with the conflict between that love and their duty to their countries. Then we watched them endure the pain of not knowing if they would ever get the chance to be together. GAH the beautiful angst! . In particular, watching Francis slowly listen to his heart and let himself admit his feelings for Mary was simply PERFECTION.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

I remember the survivor, as I was one of many campaigning for 1x07 to win it.

And YES, pre-marriage Frary was perfection and I loved watching Francis slowly letting his walls down and falling for Mary was a beautiful thing. 1x01-1x08 were definitely the golden days of the show. And obviously 1x13 is amazing.

I do think that there were a couple of great episodes later in the season. Liege Lord and Toy Soldiers were standouts for me.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ And it completely deserved to win. 1x01 to 1x08 were certainly the show's golden days.

There were some lovely moments later in the season, though. Liege Lord and Toy Soldiers were fantastic. I loved Long Live the King (1x21), too. Frary's reunion was pretty epic.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Oh YES, the Frary reunion in 1x21 was definitely epic.

I got bored and was reading through some of the older threads. We were such incoherent messes while live-posting about 1x13.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top