Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hi lassies! Please vote in the survivor. I'm waiting to follow your lead.

^ Shu, I feel you. I know a lot of people think Mary got off easy. I would have loved to have seen more of a "Mary redemption" arc with her and Francis working hard to rebuild the trust between them. It's pretty annoying that they did a time jump of a few months after the finale, so we don't really know how Francis and Mary's relationship got to the point where they are all happy and smiley in the first few minutes of the premiere. It's hard for many people to understand how Francis could be so merciful towards her. But here's the thing: mercy is not something Mary could earn or will ever deserve. Like love, mercy is a freely given gift. For me, it just makes me love Frary and Francis even more.

Shanaya - Well, I've seen quite a few beautiful gif sets and edits of the Frary scenes in 3x01. I've also seen at least one beautiful fan vid using the new scenes (it was posted on this thread). Glad you are working on a vid, too, Leah! Finally, Bleu November wrote a fan fic building on the scene where Francis tells Mary that he is dying. So, I think Fraryland is pretty active! We can always use more pretties, though. Just let me know if there is anything you want links for, and I'll try to track it down for you.

Robin, I compiled my list of Frary quotes from 3x01. Feel free to use one in your sig if you'd like. Also, we are going to need a new thread title soon. If we want to use a 3x01 quote, which one sticks out to you ladies?

3x01

“Not again.” ~ Mary
“Yes, again. And again. And again and again and again.” ~ Francis

“Shall we go back to bed?” ~ Francis
“Francis, we have more important things to do than make love or build boats.” ~ Mary

“Francis, we are king and queen. We have important matters to attend to.” ~ Mary
“This... this is important. And this. Nothing is more important.” ~ Francis

“Mary, it won't be even.” ~ Francis
No. She will have a prince and I will have a king.” ~ Mary

“And when I am gone, you will have no position here but that of a widow, and I cannot abandon you unprotected. I cannot, I cannot leave you...” ~ Francis

“You will survive this. And I will help you in every way that I can.” ~ Francis

“I can't think about politics right now.” ~ Mary
“You don't need to. I have. I will protect you and France.” ~ Francis

“Stop being so strong, so perfect. Worrying about me when you... When we...” ~ Mary

“I don't know how much time we have left. But every moment matters. It always did, I just didn't... I didn't see it before.” ~ Francis

“Things between us, I... I didn't want you to return to me out of pity.” ~ Francis
“Francis, I love you.” ~ Mary

“And once I had you back, I just wanted to enjoy every moment of your happiness. If that's selfish, I'm sorry, but I am determined to find the joy in our lives. In the small things... In everything.” ~ Frary

“Will you come with me?” ~ Francis
Old 10-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know my opinions are different than some and I know I've said it before but I still just can't help but feel bad for Mary. I KNOW she's made some awful, terrible, hurtful decisions but the poor girl's just been through so much. Rewatching season 2 (On Netflix, yay!) just reminded me of everything. Miscarriage, thinking her husband was turning against her, rape, I have to say, I kind of understand why she just wanted to run away. Should she have cheated on her husband? NO. Absolutely not. (Especially when he was being so perfect and helpful and only wanting to make sure she was okay) but I just can't hate her (not that any of you do) for not knowing what to do and distancing herself from her role of queen, wife, etc. Again, not condoning it AT ALL, I just try to see where she was coming from. (Also, I hate Laurie for writing this, somehow not Mary? If that makes any sense?) I don't even know why I'm saying all this but just thought I'd throw it out there Also, all that being said, I totally would have loved to watch them come back together to the adorable happy couple they are now.

All that randomness being said... I'll vote for #6

Also thank you for those quotes, Keri! why are they so beautiful??
MaryFrancis

Last edited by crazystupidlove54; 10-13-2015 at 05:59 PM
Old 10-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It's ok, Alex. I sympathize with Mary and everything she went through last season, too. It doesn't excuse her actions, but I have always tried to understand where she was coming from. Like Francis, I still love her, despite everything that she's done. (Yeah, I just pulled out a season 1 quote. )

I'll go with #6 this round, too. Catherine was right, but the way it was phrased always annoyed me a bit for some reason. I guess maybe it's because I refuse to believe that Mary "loved" Bash or Conde at all - at least not in the same way that she loves Francis.

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-13-2015 at 06:17 PM
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Great quotes. I like: “Francis, we have more important things to do than make love or build boats.” It's just a relief for their issues to be playful as opposed to the usual religious conflicts, abductions, etc.

I ended up reconciling Mary's betrayal in S2 by accepting that she just had more bad stuff going on in her life than a lot of 16 years olds can be expected to deal with, in any century. In the end, she admits to Conde that her feelings were so strong that she just "lost herself." I just hope she doesn't lose herself again this season!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

^ Yeah, I think we should use the make love and build boats line just because it's such a fun, playful title .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I saw the episode and the only reason i enjoyed the fm scenes was due to francis. I think Mary got off way too easily.
Oh she definitely got off way too easy. It's another reason I'm not thrilled with Francis dying. Because it just gives the writers an excuse to not take the time and rebuild what they broke in Frary and Mary. They now have to bring them back to where they once were because he will soon be gone. I'm also not fond of the fact that they did a time jump so we could never see how they got back to that happy place. None of this surprises me because after all the backlash, I expected this to happen. But it would've been nice to see Mary redeem herself.

At this point though, I'm just trying to move last season out of my mind and enjoy what's left of Francis and Frary before they're gone. The saddest thing about all of this is how much time they wasted last season ruining everything. Francis dying would be a bit easier to swallow if we hadn't seen him so miserable for the entire season before this.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 10-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

I love the discussion happening here! I agree. Mary's gone through HELL for a 16-17 year old girl and it's understandable she'd try to find a reprieve from it all. I probably would have responded way worse to be honest. I wouldn't necessarily commit adultery (and with you-know-who of all people ), but I'd probably run away. And if that means to someone who helps me to forget, so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
At this point though, I'm just trying to move last season out of my mind and enjoy what's left of Francis and Frary before they're gone. The saddest thing about all of this is how much time they wasted last season ruining everything. Francis dying would be a bit easier to swallow if we hadn't seen him so miserable for the entire season before this.
That's where I am as well. I'm so tired of being bitter, angry and quite frankly, disgusted with last season that I'm ready to push it to the back of my mind just so I can enjoy what happiness we have with them for a little while longer. I've spent too many nights reeling over the happenings of last season and I'm ready for the happy.

Anyway, I'm just dropping in to say hello and to let those of you who have been reading and following my fanfic know that it will be updated tomorrow, so keep an eye out for it. I'll post a link here as soon as it's up as well.

I hope you're all well.

Kandace
Icon Credit: Issi
Old 10-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yes, bring on the fun, playful title. Feels like it's been far too long since we've had one of those.

Quote:
Oh she definitely got off way too easy. It's another reason I'm not thrilled with Francis dying. Because it just gives the writers an excuse to not take the time and rebuild what they broke in Frary and Mary. They now have to bring them back to where they once were because he will soon be gone. I'm also not fond of the fact that they did a time jump so we could never see how they got back to that happy place. None of this surprises me because after all the backlash, I expected this to happen. But it would've been nice to see Mary redeem herself.

Agreed with all of this. Especially with the bold. Like Kandace said, I'm just so tired of feeling hurt, betrayed and angry about last season. The important thing right now is to enjoy every moment we have left. Mary, Francis (and all of us) were so miserable last season. I say bring on the happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynn92295 (View Post)
Mary's gone through HELL for a 16-17 year old girl and it's understandable she'd try to find a reprieve from it all. I probably would have responded way worse to be honest. I wouldn't necessarily commit adultery (and with you-know-who of all people ), but I'd probably run away. And if that means to someone who helps me to forget, so be it.
Exactly. It's so easy to forget that Mary and Francis are so young. I can't imagine how I would have reacted if I had endured what she went through at that age.

Kandace, so excited for the update!!!

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-14-2015 at 03:48 PM
Old 10-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I agree, I'm definitely tired of feeling miserable and upset over last season. I just want to forget it ever happened .

Kandace for another update!
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 10-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Kandace for another update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Kandace, so excited for the update!!!
I'm really excited to share it. I may just post it tonight if I wrap it up in time. It'll most likely be tomorrow, though.

Kandace
Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

so here is a new vid hope you guys like it

youtube
Old 10-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

That's an amazing video, Leah

Also I love “Francis, we have more important things to do than make love or build boats.” as the new title
Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Your video is gorgeous Leah, you did such a good job!

Steph | tumblr
Old 10-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)

That's an amazing video, Leah

Also I love “Francis, we have more important things to do than make love or build boats.” as the new title
i like that title to issi and gosh thanks you too glad you liked it

youtube
Old 10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi ladies.

Leah, do I even need to tell you that I thought your video was gorgeous? I'm always entranced by your work!

I come with a gift! As promised, Reignite has been updated. I'm not as pleased with this chapter as I wish I could be, but I hope you all enjoy it nonetheless.

Reignite--Chp. 7: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11312904/7/Reignite

Kandace
Old 10-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Leah, your vid is so lovely! Truly enchanting. And the song is just beautiful and perfect for Frary.

Kandace, your update was amazing! I loved everything about it - Catherine interrupting their "moment," servants gossiping, and FRARY DANCING!!! Thank you sweetie!