Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Sorry for the absence ... I went radio silent for about a week because I wasn't able to watch the new Gilmore Girls episodes all at once and didn't want to be spoiled before I got to all four.

^I'm excited for new pictures, even if it's just Toby and Ade. Such a beautiful ship.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

oh another Reign fan watching Gilmore Girls... I guess I'm the only one who hasn't watched it
Old 11-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
oh another Reign fan watching Gilmore Girls... I guess I'm the only one who hasn't watched it
Ah, but you see ... I'm a Gilmore Girls fan who just happened to watch Reign. I watched the pilot when it originally aired and have been watching it ever since. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing. Definitely worth the chance if you're willing to give it one!
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

What is this about new pictures coming? And a conference...Toby and Ade?
Old 11-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
Ah, but you see ... I'm a Gilmore Girls fan who just happened to watch Reign. I watched the pilot when it originally aired and have been watching it ever since. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing. Definitely worth the chance if you're willing to give it one!
Same, Kate. Same. Have you watched all four episodes yet?! I'm dying to know your thoughts! We've been telling Issi that she needs to give Gilmore Girls a chance. I hope she is able to watch it someday. It really is a remarkable, beautiful, and charming show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
What is this about new pictures coming? And a conference...Toby and Ade?
Robin?! It seems like it's been forever, darling! We've missed you! YES, the conference in Paris in January is going to be so wonderful. Maybe new Tobelaide pictures aren't the same as new Frary scenes, but it's something beautiful to look forward to.

^ Don't worry I'll take care of the DP.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

That is exciting to look forward to and in Paris?!

I have just been busy. You know such is life sometimes.

Oh Gilmore Girls... I just keep waiting everyday for Netflix to announce there will be a second season of "A year in the Life"
Old 11-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ I know... the fact that it is in Paris is TOO perfect, right?

Oh, I completely understand, Robin. Real life always gets in the way of fandom life. But I'm so happy that you are here now!

A second season of "A Year in the Life" would be amazing! I NEED IT.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

It's all too fitting that this convention takes place in Paris .

I have half of the summer episode and all of the fall episode to watch of A Year in the Life. I actually just finished the series for the first time a few days ago so to go right into this revival was a whirlwind . But I definitely wouldn't be opposed to seeing more episodes of it in the future .

I like your icon Kate .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 11-29-2016, 11:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Same, Kate. Same. Have you watched all four episodes yet?! I'm dying to know your thoughts! We've been telling Issi that she needs to give Gilmore Girls a chance. I hope she is able to watch it someday. It really is a remarkable, beautiful, and charming show.
I have watched all four (I wouldn't have popped up in these parts without having finished -- spoiler danger, indeed!) and I loved them. I've rewatched the first two with my husband and he has really enjoyed them as well. There's just something unlike any other show. *sigh* I have a lot of thoughts, most of which I've been sharing in DMs on Twitter and with the friend I watched the last three episodes with. I've had a hard time sleeping ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
I like your icon Kate .
Thanks, Andrea! That whole scene gutted me. My friend and I paused at that point, and each had a shot of rum before continuing because we were so ON EDGE. I'm still kind of crying about it. Probably will for the rest of my life, unless there's MORE.

How many days are we down to before this Paris thing? It's almost December!
Old 11-29-2016, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Robiiin omg so nice to see you here! We've missed you!

yess, Tobelaide is gonna be in Paris. And I'm gonna be there too
Old 11-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
I have watched all four (I wouldn't have popped up in these parts without having finished -- spoiler danger, indeed!) and I loved them. I've rewatched the first two with my husband and he has really enjoyed them as well. There's just something unlike any other show. *sigh* I have a lot of thoughts, most of which I've been sharing in DMs on Twitter and with the friend I watched the last three episodes with. I've had a hard time sleeping ...

Thanks, Andrea! That whole scene gutted me. My friend and I paused at that point, and each had a shot of rum before continuing because we were so ON EDGE. I'm still kind of crying about it. Probably will for the rest of my life, unless there's MORE.

How many days are we down to before this Paris thing? It's almost December!
I had to fangirl and rant through DMs on Twitter, too. And I've definitely had a hard time focusing and sleeping the past few days as well. The effect this show has on me.

It's a very lovely icon, Kate. I don't believe we're on the same "team" when it comes to Rory's men, but that scene really did get to me. There were so many scenes that brought tears to my eyes. I was emotional just seeing these beautiful characters again. I NEED MORE.... and I'm not sure I'll be ok if we don't get it.

Here's the countdown from the OP... 37 days!!! NEW RULE: This countdown must be posted at least once on every page of this thread until this reunion happens.

COUNTDOWN TO FRARY / TOBELAIDE
REUNION IN PARIS

#BestHusbandEver ... and no one is convincing me otherwise.

“I’m not sure if there’s any point to that tonight. What do you mean? One thing I have learned from your mother’s many lectures and insights on pregnancy is that there are some days when it’s more likely, and some days when it’s less likely. You’ve been vigorous in trying to achieve what we both want but I don’t think it’s going to happen tonight.”

Last edited by kerbear28; 11-29-2016 at 09:53 PM
Old 11-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

37 days, wow . I can't wait!

Quote:
I'm with you there. The majority of the Logan/Rory moments were so bittersweet and lovely . I like both Logan and Jess with Rory and still do, but by the end of the revival all I wanted was for Rory and Logan to get it together.

Quote:
There were so many scenes that brought tears to my eyes.
Same here, Keri. I was a mess for many scenes .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 11-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ I'm still a mess.

We should probably just move this discussion to the OT thread. I can't help it... it's all I can think about right now. Oy. I completely agree. All of the Logan/Rory scenes were beautiful and bittersweet. I'll just say that, while I will root for Jess and Rory until the end, I honestly loved Rory with all three of her guys. All three relationships were special and gave her something she needed at those specific times in her life. (I actually think Matt said that in an interview. ) And I love all three characters individually, too. That's what makes it all so difficult.... and devastating because neither Logan/Rory fans or Jess/Rory fans got true closure. Just announce a second season already!!!!

(I was completely serious about using the OT thread here as a place to freely discuss GG. Just let me know if you want me to bump it.)

Ok. Now I'm going to be a good mod and try to steer the conversation a little bit back to our Frary....

X

Last edited by kerbear28; 11-29-2016 at 10:29 PM
Old 11-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Addicted Fan

You're being a very good mod, dear. Redirecting us like it's your job!

My allegiance is pretty clear from my icon. I have several types that I just can never break free from, it seems. Aesthetics and potential for reformation are two of them, apparently:

There are a lot of similarities between the two couples, in my opinion.

But if you know where the OT thread is, feel free to bump it.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Aww that parallel. Blond-haired boy coming to the rescue of the dark-haired beauty. I see several similarities between Frary and LR's relationships and stories. Just not enough for LR to pull me in like Frary did, apparently.

Alright. If you are a GG fan (and have watched all of the reboot OR don't care about being spoiled), you can make your way over to the OT thread to continue the conversation.

http://www.fanforum.com/f426/allianc.../#post88346880