Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
Hi Keri !

My guess is Francis has known he's been dying since about 2x19/2x20. Maybe he noticed he wasn't feeling as well as he initially thought and still feeling more pain than he should have. In that time period of no antibiotics or real good medicines, any illness usually led to death so that's probably why he outright says he's dying.

I wonder when Francis began seeking out treatment from Nostradamus. Part of me wonders if he's the one who told Francis he was dying, since he always had that prophecy of Francis dying a year into his marriage with Mary (her return causing the death of Catherine's first born). I wonder if he has any clue that Bash killed Clarissa, fulfilling the prophecy (through a vision of some kind). If he doesn't know, I wonder if him finding out about that could change Francis's fate once again somehow. He could've told Francis he was dying because that's what his original prophecy said would happen but since that prophecy is now fulfilled, is Francis still really doomed to die right now?

I know this doesn't make much sense and is probably a long shot but it makes me sad to think that Bash saved his brother by killing Clarissa and yet Francis still dies . I was hoping that whole thing was going to serve a purpose somehow; something the writers did to prolong Francis's life and giving them wiggle room to keep him alive for as long as they wanted without a timeline/prophecy hanging over his head. Because honestly, once Francis goes, the show is over. I just wanted it to serve a purpose in that way somehow.
The amusing part is I completely follow your train of thought. It is rather interesting. I doubt anyone (besides Nosty, Catherine, and Bash) even know Clarissa was alive...let alone know she is now dead again...

Keri I really do hope to have time for organizing a schedule for the hiatus events. I also want to organize a schedule of things I want to do with my niece this summer. Today we did some running around. We did find some carpet for the room. Not at all what we thought we would be getting either...haha. And I just know my grandma wants to start priming the room soon. Like possibly tomorrow. I will be so happy once this room is finished.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Juliana, it's beautiful and heartbreaking. You seem to have captured every single moment of Frary angst in the second half of the season. Thanks for sharing!
It's not mine (I wish I could know how to make fanvids) but it's beautiful here's another new one:

Old 05-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
Hi Keri !

My guess is Francis has known he's been dying since about 2x19/2x20. Maybe he noticed he wasn't feeling as well as he initially thought and still feeling more pain than he should have. In that time period of no antibiotics or real good medicines, any illness usually led to death so that's probably why he outright says he's dying.

I wonder when Francis began seeking out treatment from Nostradamus. Part of me wonders if he's the one who told Francis he was dying, since he always had that prophecy of Francis dying a year into his marriage with Mary (her return causing the death of Catherine's first born). I wonder if he has any clue that Bash killed Clarissa, fulfilling the prophecy (through a vision of some kind). If he doesn't know, I wonder if him finding out about that could change Francis's fate once again somehow. He could've told Francis he was dying because that's what his original prophecy said would happen but since that prophecy is now fulfilled, is Francis still really doomed to die right now?

I know this doesn't make much sense and is probably a long shot but it makes me sad to think that Bash saved his brother by killing Clarissa and yet Francis still dies . I was hoping that whole thing was going to serve a purpose somehow; something the writers did to prolong Francis's life and giving them wiggle room to keep him alive for as long as they wanted without a timeline/prophecy hanging over his head. Because honestly, once Francis goes, the show is over. I just wanted it to serve a purpose in that way somehow.
That makes complete sense to me, Andrea. It seems sad and senseless if Clarissa was killed TWICE and it didn't serve it's purpose of saving Francis and altering the prophecy. At the very least, it could give the writers the freedom to keep him alive for however long they want. It will be interesting to see if Nosty knows that Clarissa is dead...again.

Hey Kate and Jess!

Of course you made the highlight list, Kate! We're all excited that you are writing again. And this is always a safe space for "oddities."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
why are you guys thinking he dies in season 3. Reign could have 4 or 5 seasons couldn't it? or do you guys think they continue a season or more without him?
Tina, I've always hoped that Francis' death would come at the very end of the series, and sadly, I have to agree with what Jess said about the prospect of Reign getting a 4th or 5th season. But, there's always hope that things will improve and we will get more than one more season. I just want them to have time to repair some of the damage they did this season and give each character and relationship the ending/closure it deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather8615 (View Post)
Hi Everyone!!!!! I've missed you all!!!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long!!! Life got crazy. Between work, finals and end of semester stuff then summer session starting, my brain has been pulled in too many different directions. Then I got lazy because I missed so much and I didn't feel like backreading all of it

So tell me what have I missed the past month or so?!?!?! FILL ME IN!!!!
HEATHER!!!!! Ahh I can't tell you how nice it is to have you back. We missed you! I think Leah pretty much covered what you missed. We're just gearing up to celebrate the 300th thread and start our hiatus events schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
Keri I really do hope to have time for organizing a schedule for the hiatus events. I also want to organize a schedule of things I want to do with my niece this summer. Today we did some running around. We did find some carpet for the room. Not at all what we thought we would be getting either...haha. And I just know my grandma wants to start priming the room soon. Like possibly tomorrow. I will be so happy once this room is finished.
for new carpet! Redecorating is so much fun, but it can be exhausting. It will be satisfying when the room is done. Thanks for helping to organized the hiatus schedule. Again, let us know if you need any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
It's not mine (I wish I could know how to make fanvids) but it's beautiful here's another new one:
Whoops! Sorry for the confusion, Juliana. I wish I had a clue how to make fanvids, too. Anyway...thanks so much for sharing those last two vids. They are lovely.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

I have made some lovely progress on a "schedule" for our Hiatus Events! I have created 4 calendars in word! 4 months! June, July, Aug. and Sept. The Sept. one does not fill the whole month however...and things will shift slightly if we chose not to include episode 2.09 (Acts of War) I wasn't sure any of us would want to rewatch it... But I did like the scene between Mary and Catherine later...and there was some nice stuff early in the episode...before it all went to hell...

So should I include it or should I just cut it out completely? I have already excluded 2.14-2.20. We go from 2.13 to 2.21.

ETA: We will need some volunteers for hosting trivia... I'll do the first week. Which will be next week - Tuesday evening at 9pm EST. I could possibly host an earlier event for GMT time...if enough people are interested in playing. Let me know your thoughts!

Last edited by A_shiningstar; 05-28-2015 at 07:46 PM
Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

4 Months! So long!

Robin, thank you for putting the calendars together and for volunteering to host the first trivia next week. I'm so excited!

I volunteer to host the second round of trivia for episode 2x02 on Tuesday, June 9th. Might as well jump right into it.

As for 2x09, I vote that we include it. There were some nice moments at the beginning (like Mary's speech to Conde about marriage), and the scene with Catherine and Mary (and Frary) later were pretty powerful and moving. We could always plan to exclude certain scenes... But, I completely understand if it's too difficult, and people would rather skip the episode entirely. I'll be fine with whatever we decide.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Glad we have a volunteer for trivia hosting! Wooohoo! I may try to jass up the calendar somehow and post it here this weekend. Or maybe I'll make it a google doc or something and just link it.

I'm also planning to do a Mad-lib for Mad-lib Monday this next Monday. I'll try to pick a scene from the first episode too. Volunteers for Mad Lib Mondays are welcome too but not absolutely necessary...
Old 05-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Heather! It's so good to have you back, we missed you . Hope you're on your way to feeling better soon. I've been under the weather this week with a dry cough and sore throat. Pretty sure it's a combination of sinus/allergy issues .

I vote we include 2x09 in the rewatch too. I didn't think it was all that bad of an episode outside of the rape. Frary had some good moments and I liked the Catherine/Mary moment in the episode too. But I completely understand if anyone else may not want to see it.

Beautiful video . This Love is a great Frary song right now .

Quote:
I personally don't think the show will go beyond season 3. The ratings are really bad & now that the show is on Friday's I don't see the rising.
Yeah I agree with you on that. If the second half hadn't gone down so horribly, it could've squeaked out another season or two but the chances of getting another season after this next one are slim and none. The writers should be thanking their lucky stars that the show got renewed so early before the bottom fell out. Had the network waited until May to renew it, I don't think season 3 would even be possible. It's sad how the show fell so hard and so early in its run. It had so much potential that will now never be explored. I'm hoping for the best for season 3 and that the show fixes its mistakes but with it airing on Fridays I'm not sure how many people will be around to see it happen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
That makes complete sense to me, Andrea. It seems sad and senseless if Clarissa was killed TWICE and it didn't serve it's purpose of saving Francis and altering the prophecy. At the very least, it could give the writers the freedom to keep him alive for however long they want. It will be interesting to see if Nosty knows that Clarissa is dead...again.
Exactly, it doesn't make sense at all. It made sense when I thought the show was doing it this way to keep Francis alive for as long as they wanted but since they're going to kill him off anyway (and it seems to be soon, at the end of season 3 is my guess), what was the point of killing Clarissa? There has to be some kind of point to it, which is why I'm curious to see if Nostradamus knows anything about her death.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 05-28-2015, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hey Andrea! This Love is certainly a fitting song for Frary right now.

Heather, I was so excited to welcome you back , that I completely forgot to say...FEEL BETTER SOON!

I'm off to bed. Good night and sweet dreams, my darlings.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Good night Keri!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

hi guys

youtube
Old 05-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Hi everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend .
Old 05-29-2015, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Hey Andrea

youtube
Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys, this thread has been so quiet in the last time. I hope it will change when the hiatus activities start

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far
Old 05-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you for the warm welcome back everyone!!! I feel so loved! I'm still a little under the weather. allergies and stress don't mix well together.

What's this I hear about trivia?!?! I am all over that!!!! I'm so happy trivia is back again!! SIGN ME UP!!!!!!! I think I'll be able to host 2x03: The Coronation (I;m literally so excited eeeeeeeepppp!!!!)
What's on the schedule for the other hiatus events???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
I made the highlight list! I think that's a first ... (What's funnier is that is one of the few things I know Heather already does know!)
Of course your return to writing made the highlights list! It is exciting news!! (No matter how many times I hear it )

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Hey Heather

youtube
Closed Thread   Post New Thread