Red is not that flattering
Old 01-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If the promo has aired on TV it can be discussed
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
#14 Lemon Tart, you should bring your episode discussion posts over to this thread as well. I think it'd be a good idea to spark some conversation, since we can't discuss anything spoilery here. Or, if anyone else is doing the rewatch. Kill two threads with one topic?
Okay, give me a few minutes. I'd thought about it, but I knew I didn't want to invite anyone to come over there who might accidentally run into spoilers and not want to.

And I'm voting for 14 again. Voting for it till it goes down!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

#17 - 2 votes
#16 - 2 votes
#14 - 2 votes
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

#16.

Ps This is my 17, 000 posts! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-55,NJH D-155 OSW D-181, J-Hope D-182, Jinyoung-D-203 JK-D-420

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-33 LDH D-391
Old 01-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
You don't like their identical birthday suits? Doesn't get more coordinated than that.

Hey, I like #17.
its hardly fashion or clothes.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
#16.

Ps This is my 17, 000 posts! .
congrats!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Old 01-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

#17 - 3 votes
#16 - 3 votes
#14 - 2 votes
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Absolute Fan

In the Frary thread down in the Couples forum we're doing a rewatch, 2 eps a week till hiatus is over. Since this forum & thread are spoiler free, it's just as, if not more appropriate that we include everyone here as firewall suggested. These are my posts that started out the discussions for tonight, I do a bit of stream of consciousness as I'm watching and then some analysis at the end. We're reviewing and discussing the WHOLE episodes, not just Mary & Francis scenes. If y'all want we can do this on this thread next week, we have the dreaded 5 & 6 next week, we begin around 9pm EST, when the show normally airs on the CW.

Tonight we did eps 3 & 4. I'm going to apologize in advance if I double post, these are both super long.

1x03, Kissed

Heh, at least the Scottish kid sounds like he's from somewhere northern.

Ugh, seriously Greer's wardrobe.

Wow, council meeting, or whatever it's called, no Bash. What is it he does?

Never ask Henry for a favor. This should come back.

Mary & Charles outfits match!!

Seriously, do any of the LiW care about the health of
Mary's person.

Ah, here's Bash, there for Henry's amusement. Love that Francis wins and Bash loses. Lol

How is Leith really supposed to know how to read.

Okay, I've never figured out what the pink dress Mary wears is supposed to be. Odd and not terribly attractive. Also weird that both Tomas and Francis wear the same cross strap. Mary's riding habit is horrid. At least she's not wearing heals to ride.

Yeah, Alyee will be missed, only one of them that gives good advice to Mary.

HD floor mosaic!

Interestingly Nostradamus claims to not control his visions but then he is threatened by Henry and comes up with multiple specific visions, curious.

Tomas-Mary-Francis, Henry as well, all wearing black & gold.

Francis looks so hurt by Mary perhaps marrying Tomas.

Seriously, Kenna! So dumb. She does have kinda nice chemistry w Bash.

Again Mary-Francis-Tomas-Henry all in black and gold. This would seem to not be a coincidence.

Interestingly, Henry responds to subterfuge, but not to practicality or logic. Francis takes a chance by threatening to make things uncomfortable for Henry's person and personal life, and Henry responds positively. This seems to me to not say anything positive about Henry as a leader. It isn't about his duty, or the good of France like he tries to drill into Francis. It's all about what is best or good for Henry himself.

Such a good Bash & Francis scene. Honestly, that's the last good Bash scene that's happened so far.

Seriously, she's telling him she loves him.

And also she's so maternal toward the girls, which makes how they treat her worse.

POWER COUPLE MOMENT!! Love seeing them going over strategy.

Henry's lesson assumes Francis is stupid and will never see beyond what his father told him. Plus, Henry says Francis was influenced by his heart, which I would dispute, he had multiple things influencing him, heart, yes he wanted to help Mary, but he also was looking out for the alliance and France's strength. Henry was looking out for his dick.

Ack, their final scene, both are so devastated.

Mary & Tomas don't match.

I may be looking a bit ahead, since it's not revealed what type of person or ruler Tomas will be till the next ep, but I think this episode boils down to what type of leader or ruler do you want to be. For all the lectures about duty, honor & France that Henry gives Francis, it's really all about Henry. Henry's power, his ambition, what makes life easier for him. Whereas Francis, and Mary too, seem to truly be trying to walk a path of duty & honor and putting their wishes behind the needs of their people and countries. We see it from Francis in his attempts to protect the alliance, it's not just about Mary I don't think. We see it from Mary in her dealings with both Tomas and how she cares for Greer and her hurt. These are two essentially good people at their cores, surrounded by selfish people out to use them, or take advantage of them however they can.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Absolute Fan

1x04, Hearts & Minds

Is it just me or is it odd that after a very public seeing off of the Portuguese companies, suddenly it's a big secret that Tomas and marry are to wed?

Claude de Guise 'our' borderlands. He's French last time I checked.

It looks to me like Francis had better shots. Both of them look so sad.

Why and how would the ladies be able to stay in France? It's somewhat absurd.

Gah, their chemistry is so beyond perfection. The need and want and regret is so fantastic.

I know I've said this before, but Kenna is ever so dumb. Henry's seriously going to marry her eventually? Ridiculous.

Love Francis's brain starting to churn.

Okay, this is just a Toby comment, but I laugh every single time right as he says the line 'maybe it's time I stopped doubting them.' It's the way he moves, and shifts his head that so amuses me.

I love when they wink at history. Stunted, heh.

LIP BITE!!!!

The way Tomas treats Mary is ridiculous, she's a queen in her own right, not just a consort.

Aylee does a 180 from last ep. Though the writers seem to use her as a voice of reason. Too bad she's gone.

Again with Francis showing how he cares for Bash, where is the reciprocal actions.

And Francis brain comes to a conclusion. Just as Mary is beginning to put things together. I guess it's because of Mary, but Francis tipping off Tomas seems not the best part of the plan.

Francis is wearing hat same strap that Tomas wore last ep here.

Forest=field
No red flowers=tons of poppies
Bash prostrate on the ground=he killed Tomas

Oh, I forgot, Francis kills Tomas.

The one time Kenna is smart, she has a bit of common sense.

And again with Henry it's all about Henry.

Again, winks at history. Love!

This might be my absolute favorite Mary moment. Her taking control. Of course it doesn't hurt that Francis is so completely smitten, lustful & and blown away by her here.

Henry & Catherine's reactions are hilarious. Mary's a queen. A regent. She's every bit Henry's equal, and both seek to treat her as a child. Though Catherine seems to see exactly what and who she's up against. Henry's just annoyed that this isn't all about him.

Aaaaannnnnd Mary knows Francis killed Tomas.

I think that might be the same nightdress from 8.

Crrrrrreeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyy! Freaks me out every time I see it.

I think this episode might be about the power of two. Both of them are such natural leaders with the charisma to make others want to follow them. But this is the first time we've seen it put to a bigger use than just court backstabbing. I have issues with the Scooby Gang approach, but in the end, getting the girls and Bash to see that they were right, and pointing everyone in the right direction payed off. I think in many ways this episode is an expansion on the themes of ep 2.

Plus, I love how they show and highlight their intelligence and deductive skills. Great leaders as questions and seek answers, they don't just look for what's in it for themselves.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 01-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Discussion from the promo can be discussed

Red is not that flattering
I actually quite like Francis', it's Mary's I have an issue with in this case. That gown did nothing for me. It's a bit drab.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
congrats!
Thank-you Bree! .

I am going to bed now, Talk to you all later! .

Goodnight everyone! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-55,NJH D-155 OSW D-181, J-Hope D-182, Jinyoung-D-203 JK-D-420

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-33 LDH D-391
Old 01-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Closed Thread   Post New Thread