Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi, everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
PS - I forgot to mention that fans have also contributed fan fiction stories in the past....so if you're a writer, that's another way to add to the festivities.
I love to write; I'm actually majoring in it. I have never written fan fiction though... So I'd probably botch it. I wish I could contribute to the celebration, I just don't know what I'd be able to bring to the table. I have been working on a Frary video, so perhaps I could unveil it at some point.
This would be the time I would normally say that I have all the time in the world and that I could organize the celebration, but I'm not sure how that all works. I'm sure there is someone way more qualified, creative and knowledgeable in that area than I am. I probably wouldn't do a great job... I hope someone applies for it soon enough.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Kandace
Icon Credit: Issi
Old 03-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hi ladies!

I feel terrible, but I really can't commit to organizing the OP. Like Kandace said, I feel like other people would have much more creativity and more expertise with coding, etc. Plus, I honestly don't have the time - it's going to be really crazy at work the next month or so. I hope someone is able to step up, soon. I know they'll do a fantastic job.

Steph, I'm so glad you're going to try to make some art for the celebration.

Yeah, Sheila put together the 200th OP , and Heather made the 250th.

Robin, I'm so sorry you were sick. I have not been feeling 100% the last couple days, either. Allergies, an upset stomach, and fatigue. I made it through work, and I'm feeling a lot better though...thank God. I love the idea of highlighting the different survivor winners, and I will volunteer to dig the out of the past threads.

Kandace, majoring in writing...that's awesome! You should give fanfiction a shot! But unveiling a Frary fan vid would be great, too.

Last edited by kerbear28; 03-23-2015 at 05:55 PM
Old 03-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I would volunteer but I don't really know too much about coding the OP...

Oh Keri - its the kids I work with. They bring their germs all the time. The same ones too. For some reason I have had the stomach bug this year (school year) more than I ever have had it before.

Kandance - that is awesome about majoring in writing. Chase those dreams!

Steph I think I forgot to mention how much I liked your arts you made. Beautiful! Even the one you posted at the end of the last thread....and said you weren't too happy with...it was beautiful!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynn92295 (View Post)
Hi, everyone!

I love to write; I'm actually majoring in it. I have never written fan fiction though... So I'd probably botch it. I wish I could contribute to the celebration, I just don't know what I'd be able to bring to the table. I have been working on a Frary video, so perhaps I could unveil it at some point.
This would be the time I would normally say that I have all the time in the world and that I could organize the celebration, but I'm not sure how that all works. I'm sure there is someone way more qualified, creative and knowledgeable in that area than I am. I probably wouldn't do a great job... I hope someone applies for it soon enough.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a lovely day!
Fanfiction is easy to write (take it from someone who has a junior college diploma in Technical Writing.) You have established characters with built in relationships. There's also many forms of fanfiction. You can write a short drabble, which is a very short story all within 100 words. You can do missing scenes you'd like to see that will never be shown on the show. You can do a one shot, which is a single chapter story. All easier forms of fanfic.

The mods usually manage the celebration, but you can always ask if there's anything you can do to help and certainly you can contribute a testimonial.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 03-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Keri and Robin, it is a very interesting major. It is definitely my intention to chase my dreams and passion. I still have quite a lot to do with the Frary video, but I will continue to work on it and see if it will be something I can contribute, as I would like to help celebrate any way I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Fanfiction is easy to write (take it from someone who has a junior college diploma in Technical Writing.) You have established characters with built in relationships. There's also many forms of fanfiction. You can write a short drabble, which is a very short story all within 100 words. You can do missing scenes you'd like to see that will never be shown on the show. You can do a one shot, which is a single chapter story. All easier forms of fanfic.

The mods usually manage the celebration, but you can always ask if there's anything you can do to help and certainly you can contribute a testimonial.
Oh, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to write, especially since I would be working with established characters, as you said. I'm just not sure how good it would be considering that I would need to switch my gears from writing essays and screenplays to writing something with more fluff and creativity. I worry I'm a little rusty when it comes to creative writing. I know I can certainly be very imaginative when I need to be and so I may just give it a go. I will definitely try to contribute as much as I can as I do certainly carry a passion for this ship and I have grown to enjoy the company of all you lovely people. I will continue to work on my video, I can check with the mods to see if they want anything in particular such as a testimonial, and I'll give the fanfiction a shot and see where it lands me. Perhaps I can even post a snippet of what I come up with to see what you all think of it? Thank you so much for your tips, Scarlet! I really appreciate it!

Kandace
Old 03-23-2015, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!

Hey ladies! I spent yesterday binging and laughing at The Musketeers, sorry for my absence! That show is just so fun and entertaining! I was laughing so much my grandma start laughing hysterically AT ME.

I can bring the survivor over. Let me just check which ones were already voted off. If someone could dig up the votes that would be lovely Am I taking out #3???

I also like the idea of highlighting all the past survivor winners! Great idea Robin and thank you for volunteering to look them up Keri!!

I would volunteer to put the 300th together but my school schedule is probably going to get busy very soon and I wouldn't want to say I'll make it then have to back out. I would be willingly to help out whoever ( *cough Robin cough*) decides to make it! An extra set of eyes to look at it always helps!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Ha! Ha! I see what you did there Heather... I'll think about it. But I don't want to commit just yet. We have been taking some time to go through threads I don't feel like it is a rush to figure it out just yet. I am most concerned about the coding...font stuff...I guess you just play around with it?
Old 03-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

And #3 is out

#1: 1 (Issi)
#3: 5 (Keri, Leah, Shu, Steph, Robin)
#4: 1 (Mandy)

RULES:
- Please vote for your least favorite kiss
- When a kiss gets 5 votes or 24 hours has passed, it will be voted out.
- Campaigning to save your favorite is highly encouraged
(especially with the use of gifs, videos or descriptions )
- Relive the glory of season 1 and HAVE FUN!!!
(Click each gif for source)

ROUND TEN

[1.] 1x03 – First Kiss

[2.] 1x04 – Lakeside Scene

[3.] 1x05 – “…this would be the moment that I declared myself yours.”
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 9

[4.] 1x07 – "My god Mary"

[5.] 1x07 – “Because I love you”

[6.] 1x07 – “Tell me when you want me to stop”

[7.] 1x08 – "Marry me. Say yes." "Yes. Yes!"

[8.] 1x08 – "I like that word 'we' and 'our' "
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 1

[9.] 1x13 – "It's you. It's always been you!"

[10.] 1x13 – Wedding dance kiss

[11.] 1x14 – "A castle full of little royals?"
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 8

[12.] 1x14 – Deleted bed scene
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 2

[13.] 1x15 –
"I don't make love to you because I want a baby. I want a baby because I love you."

VOTED OFF IN ROUND 5

[14.] 1x16 – “Perhaps I should pester you.”
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 4

[15.] 1x19 – "I've only kept my promise. As a king and a husband."
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 3

[16.] 1x19 – “But just to be sure”
VOTEDD OFF IN ROUND 7

[17.] 1x21 – "You came back to me"

[18.] 1x21 – "I thought I'd never get to tell you again... I love you"
VOTED OFF IN ROUND 6

Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

That's awesome you're majoring in writing Kandace. I got my BA in Communications with an option in journalism. Writing of all kinds was something I always loved since I was about nine.

I could write a testimonial for the 300th. I would just need to know who to send it to .

ETA: Voting for #6.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
Ha! Ha! I see what you did there Heather... I'll think about it. But I don't want to commit just yet. We have been taking some time to go through threads I don't feel like it is a rush to figure it out just yet. I am most concerned about the coding...font stuff...I guess you just play around with it?
Who me??? I don't have any idea what you are talking about

As for the bold, yes. You play around with different fonts, sizing and colors. A lot of it is just copy and pasting testimonials, links and the images codes from the various icons, edits and the survivor winners.

#6: 1 (Andrea)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

eek as much as it pains me I guess I could go with 6 too, b/c like 21, it is more about the sexytimes and less about the kiss. maybe?!

#6: 2 (Andrea, Robin)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm going to vote #17 then RUN AWAY Hard decisions have to be made and everything else is just tooooo precious!!!!!

#6 HAS A LIP BITE PEOPLE

#6: 2 (Andrea, Robin)
#17: 1 (Heather)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Heather! Why did you have to point out the lip bite!

I'm holding by my vote though... But 17 was actually what I was thinking of voting for...until I saw Andrea's vote and was like it's gonna have to go sometime. I'll go with it.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

But but but sometime doesn't have to be now!!!!!

I'm getting pretty tired so I think I'll sign off for the night. Goodnight Fraries
Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
That's awesome you're majoring in writing Kandace. I got my BA in Communications with an option in journalism. Writing of all kinds was something I always loved since I was about nine.

I could write a testimonial for the 300th. I would just need to know who to send it to .

ETA: Voting for #6.
Oh wow, that is so cool! Journalism is super interesting. It's great to see others on here who have a love and background with writing in a similar way to myself. I have actually written stories ever since I could hold a pencil (my mother has huge storage bins full of my stories) so I think a writing major is a perfect fit for me.

Ughh... I want to help out with the survivor but it is SO difficult to choose!

Kandace
Closed Thread   Post New Thread