Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 12:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
You didn't interrupt, as mentioned plenty of times. Me and Nic encourage everyone for a reason, because we want everyone to join in. I will not say this again. This is the only thread I find comfort in and right now, this is ridiculous. We need to keep the flow in this thread.

This was sorted and I don't think dragging it out it necessary. I'm not certain as to why it was brought up again, but I encourage you both to disband this. Nothing was done wrong and nothing was out of turn, so I don't see why there's so much drama. It's a garden scene for fun, it's not serious. You could write that Mary turned into an apple and no one would mind.
No drama intended! I thought we were just having a friendly conversation here? I only wanted to reply to firewall and thank her, and since she suggested continuing on from what I wrote, felt I should respond and reassure you guys I don't expect that! That's all! I'm sorry if I said something to offend you.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's fine that you replied, crispy. I thought we were having a conversation too until Rachel stepped back in again and this is why I think it's best to end it as others are getting the wrong idea.

Please stop talking of butting in/offence's/rules and other things too. You have done nothing wrong and you are more than welcome here. Everyone accepts everyone and there's no harm done. The sky's the limit!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:21 PM
New Fan

Okiedoke.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Okay so I just got home from work and I'm confused. Where should I pick up writing at?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no clue! It's up to you whether you want to continue the scene in the garden or start the new one in the room.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe I'll just respond to both.

Actually, I think we can find a way to tie them together, let me put on my thinking cap.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the video, I thought it was a Nostradamus Mary one
Old 08-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds good! I was thinking about that when I responded. Replying to your scene and crispys, but then I wondered if it would get confusing. Splitting the quotes up would work, right?

EDIT: So did I Tania when I first saw it! I love all the Mash scenes in it
Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

^ It should. I'll try to tie the scenes together so we're all on the same page. Or we can just do two, what do you think?

I'll have to save that vid for later!

Edit: Okay, I can't tie the scenes together since Bash said Mary ran away without a goodbye kiss. Oops. Unless she runs away again.

Nic | avi by crisbr

Last edited by wistfuldreamer; 08-07-2014 at 01:39 PM
Old 08-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I found the video after watching the one in the OP again. That video makes me so happy

And I don't mind doing two. It makes it so much more fun It'll be like when we had three discussions going at once.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

^ That was loads of fun. I'm responding to yours right now if you want to work on a response to what crispy posted. It's like we'll see what could have happened if Bash had not run after Mary in the gardens, like some strange alternate reality.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-07-2014, 01:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
Or we can just do two, what do you think?
I think...it sounds kinda like a Choose Your Own Adventure thingy! Yeehaw!

Quote:
Okay, I can't tie the scenes together since Bash said Mary ran away without a goodbye kiss. Oops. Unless she runs away again.
Running away again would work too. Or ignore what I wrote! But thanks for trying to tie it all together!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

^ Now why would I ignore what you wrote? I liked it. And it seems we're all in agreement about just writing two different sections, it'll be fun! That's the whole point of this joint fic thing, just to keep the thread active and to have fun.

Bash showing up to Mary's room at night, being all miffed about her not having guards posted is just golden. I would have loved to see it on the show.

Quote:
Original

Part 1

“How so?” Mary enquired, but Sebastian had no response that would suffice her requirements.

“God created me an outdoors man,” he smirked, “Though air fills my lungs inside, it’s quite different being free.”

Mary knew he was adequately accurate, you could get the same rations outside as you could indoors, but not freedom. Freedom was something of a luxury to her and a way of life for him. His passing by had not been happen chance and she knew deep in the pit of her stomach, that her desire for the grounds was not in aid of fresh air. However, air was something she currently felt short of in his presence.

Whilst Mary was preoccupied with her own thoughts, Bash studied her countenance. The way her dark tresses tangled in the summer breeze, struggling to escape the structure of the beaded headpiece she wore. Deep in the darkness of night, he dreamed of weaving those strands through his fingers, to kiss each snarl of hair, to feel their silk beneath his lips. In the dim light of morning, he woke up with an ache in his heart that he could not distinguish or even name. To desire his brother's intended was surely a sin, but to stop it would be like preventing the sun from rising. Bash shook away the images, it was one thing to desire her in the privacy of his cottage, but to fancy her in her presence was quite another.

Mary felt the heat of his gaze as she gathered her wits once again. She met his eyes, burned by their intensity. Her stomach fluttered so she pressed her hand over it to ease the feeling, "Yes, I would imagine so."

Mary's eyes fluttered around the land ahead, there was a small pond that could be mistaken for a puddle. Beside it stood Stirling, bold and bright. She approached the pond, horror struck. It was full of weeds and the water had green moss tainting it's surface. She turned her gaze to Stirling and found that his paws were sodden with mud.

"Oh Stirling," she gasped.

At the sound of her voice, Stirling bounded toward her, knocking her to the ground in his excitement. "Stirling!" She shrieked and he licked her face, "Oh stop!" She was overcome with fits of laugher as the big dog continued to lick her face.

Bash did not know whether to pry the dog off her or laugh. Mary did not seem distressed so he chose the latter. "It seems your dog does not know that he's no longer a puppy."

"Pup or naught, look at my dress," she shrieked fighting for what dignity she had left.

"Mud becomes you," he smirked with his eyes closed.

"Oh is that so?" She asked cheekily, scooping up mud with her fingertips and flicking it at him. At first she had merely been aiming for him, but it fragmented in the wind and sprayed up his face. She watched as Sebastian paused, her shocked intake of breath causing him to slowly open his eyes. "Forgive me," she recoiled getting ready to run

"Oh no," he took three long strides toward her, catching her by the waist, "Not so fast, Your Grace." He teased, flipping her around so they were facing each other. Was it her heart or his that was beating so quickly?

Fear and exhilaration pumped through her veins, causing her breath to hitch as she waited, "Forgive me," she whispered again.

He swiped a streak of mud from his face and streaked it across her cheek, "Now we are even."

Mary flinched under his lingering touch and then their eyes connected. The laboured touch of his skin on hers was magnified by the humidity surrounding them. She noticed her head leaning slightly in towards him, his lips pulling her eyes in like a magnetic field. She slowly moved her head back so that he wouldn't notice and then wiped her cheek on his. Her mud getting caught in his stubble.

Sebastian's grip loosened and Mary broke free. He thought she was going to head but him. He soon regretted it, for she was escaping him. Wild and free.
Mary ran across the open field, terrified that Sebastian would pursue her and worried that he would not. What a curious feeling that battled within her. For a moment, she had considered kissing him but what did she know of kisses? Francis was forever running from her and Bash...it was rumored that he had gotten all the passion. A furious blush spread across her cheeks.

Muddied skirts and unruly curls flew behind her. The girls would not let her hear the end of this...rolling about in the mud like a wild thing. Oh but it had felt good to play with Stirling as she used to at the convent. And Bash had not recoiled from her unladylike behavior. In fact, he had seemed inspired by it.

Sebastian momentarily watched her escape ahead, his mind programming the circumstance slower than his body. However, his physical impulse motivated him forward after her. In a few outsized paces he caught up with her, his breath shaky He flung himself at her, but missed. Instead, he lost his balance slightly and fell into her, taking her down with him. Together, they both plummeted to the ground, Mary’s gasp sounding in his ear, taunting him.

Arms were bent, heads were bumped and shoulders were grazed. Sebastian rolled off of Mary’s back in a terror, but before he could offer his apologies he could hear Mary’s chortling muffled by the ground. She too rolled onto her back and her pleasant laughing warmed his heart.

“Oh Bash,” she snorted, “I do not remember the last time I was filled with such joyfulness.”
A gentle warmth spread through his chest as she was overcome with unbridled joy, "Me either," he said honestly, seriously. He dared to touch a curl that staggered down her forearm.

That peculiar tingling began to fill her stomach once again. He was testing a boundary that should be between them. But it had not been there that night she looked at him across a crowded ballroom or when he had found her weeping on the stairs. And worst of all was that she did not want anything to separate them. But it should. She was a queen and she was engaged to his little brother. A sick kind of guilt dampened her joy. "Come now Bash, you are ever smiling," she said lightly, trying to ignore the dull thudding of her heart.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-07-2014, 01:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
It's like we'll see what could have happened if Bash had not run after Mary in the gardens, like some strange alternate reality.
I love alternate reality thingys too! Okay, gotta leave the 'puter now, but look forward to reading everything you guys write.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

ALTERNATE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy (View Post)
She was about to retire for the night, when a soft knock sounded at her door. Mary sighed, preparing herself for more fussing and scolding from her Ladies.

"Yes, come in."

Graceful and ladylike, she turned, then jumped at the sight of Sebastian, standing in her doorway. How bold to visit her bedchamber, yet he seemed hesitant to enter. Heart pounding, she walked towards him, wondering at his unusually serious expression.

"No guards? I had thought, after... Although I am glad to avoid the dungeons this evening, I would rest easy there, knowing you had such vigilant protectors."

Bash spoke lightly, but his eyes burned with outrage, and Mary knew he was thinking of Colin's recent attack. No one, not even her Ladies, not even Francis, had shown such concern - for her reputation and for the alliance, yes, but not for her.

"Nevermind, Your Grace. Here's a friend to stand guard."

With a smile he opened the door wider to reveal Stirling, waiting in the hall. Finally entering the room, Sebastian let go the leash, which Mary now realized he had sneakily hidden behind him, and Stirling ran to greet her as if they had been parted for years.

"Oh, how could I have forgotten him?" Mary hid her face in the dog's mane. True, she had been distracted by Bash, and his lips...

"Yes, how could you run away like that, and with no goodbye kiss?"

Mary looked up in shock at his apparent mindreading. Bash winked at her.

"Stirling was disappointed."

"Bash, you tease me," she replied light heartedly, stroking Stirling as he entered.

"Only as much as your sight teases me, Your Grace," he smiled. Before Mary could respond he bowed his head and turned to walk away.

"And it was you who spoke of goodbye kisses," she mentioned, "did you not bond with Stirling?"

She teased and he paused in his step. He looked at her from over his shoulder. His mind was in turmoil. Was she hinting about the bond they had shared, or was she being solemn?

ORIGINAL
Quote:
PART 1

“How so?” Mary enquired, but Sebastian had no response that would suffice her requirements.

“God created me an outdoors man,” he smirked, “Though air fills my lungs inside, it’s quite different being free.”

Mary knew he was adequately accurate, you could get the same rations outside as you could indoors, but not freedom. Freedom was something of a luxury to her and a way of life for him. His passing by had not been happen chance and she knew deep in the pit of her stomach, that her desire for the grounds was not in aid of fresh air. However, air was something she currently felt short of in his presence.

Whilst Mary was preoccupied with her own thoughts, Bash studied her countenance. The way her dark tresses tangled in the summer breeze, struggling to escape the structure of the beaded headpiece she wore. Deep in the darkness of night, he dreamed of weaving those strands through his fingers, to kiss each snarl of hair, to feel their silk beneath his lips. In the dim light of morning, he woke up with an ache in his heart that he could not distinguish or even name. To desire his brother's intended was surely a sin, but to stop it would be like preventing the sun from rising. Bash shook away the images, it was one thing to desire her in the privacy of his cottage, but to fancy her in her presence was quite another.

Mary felt the heat of his gaze as she gathered her wits once again. She met his eyes, burned by their intensity. Her stomach fluttered so she pressed her hand over it to ease the feeling, "Yes, I would imagine so."

Mary's eyes fluttered around the land ahead, there was a small pond that could be mistaken for a puddle. Beside it stood Stirling, bold and bright. She approached the pond, horror struck. It was full of weeds and the water had green moss tainting it's surface. She turned her gaze to Stirling and found that his paws were sodden with mud.

"Oh Stirling," she gasped.

At the sound of her voice, Stirling bounded toward her, knocking her to the ground in his excitement. "Stirling!" She shrieked and he licked her face, "Oh stop!" She was overcome with fits of laugher as the big dog continued to lick her face.

Bash did not know whether to pry the dog off her or laugh. Mary did not seem distressed so he chose the latter. "It seems your dog does not know that he's no longer a puppy."

"Pup or naught, look at my dress," she shrieked fighting for what dignity she had left.

"Mud becomes you," he smirked with his eyes closed.

"Oh is that so?" She asked cheekily, scooping up mud with her fingertips and flicking it at him. At first she had merely been aiming for him, but it fragmented in the wind and sprayed up his face. She watched as Sebastian paused, her shocked intake of breath causing him to slowly open his eyes. "Forgive me," she recoiled getting ready to run

"Oh no," he took three long strides toward her, catching her by the waist, "Not so fast, Your Grace." He teased, flipping her around so they were facing each other. Was it her heart or his that was beating so quickly?

Fear and exhilaration pumped through her veins, causing her breath to hitch as she waited, "Forgive me," she whispered again.

He swiped a streak of mud from his face and streaked it across her cheek, "Now we are even."

Mary flinched under his lingering touch and then their eyes connected. The laboured touch of his skin on hers was magnified by the humidity surrounding them. She noticed her head leaning slightly in towards him, his lips pulling her eyes in like a magnetic field. She slowly moved her head back so that he wouldn't notice and then wiped her cheek on his. Her mud getting caught in his stubble.

Sebastian's grip loosened and Mary broke free. He thought she was going to head but him. He soon regretted it, for she was escaping him. Wild and free.
Mary ran across the open field, terrified that Sebastian would pursue her and worried that he would not. What a curious feeling that battled within her. For a moment, she had considered kissing him but what did she know of kisses? Francis was forever running from her and Bash...it was rumored that he had gotten all the passion. A furious blush spread across her cheeks.

Muddied skirts and unruly curls flew behind her. The girls would not let her hear the end of this...rolling about in the mud like a wild thing. Oh but it had felt good to play with Stirling as she used to at the convent. And Bash had not recoiled from her unladylike behavior. In fact, he had seemed inspired by it.

Sebastian momentarily watched her escape ahead, his mind programming the circumstance slower than his body. However, his physical impulse motivated him forward after her. In a few outsized paces he caught up with her, his breath shaky He flung himself at her, but missed. Instead, he lost his balance slightly and fell into her, taking her down with him. Together, they both plummeted to the ground, Mary’s gasp sounding in his ear, taunting him.

Arms were bent, heads were bumped and shoulders were grazed. Sebastian rolled off of Mary’s back in a terror, but before he could offer his apologies he could hear Mary’s chortling muffled by the ground. She too rolled onto her back and her pleasant laughing warmed his heart.

“Oh Bash,” she snorted, “I do not remember the last time I was filled with such joyfulness.”

A gentle warmth spread through his chest as she was overcome with unbridled joy, "Me either," he said honestly, seriously. He dared to touch a curl that staggered down her forearm.

That peculiar tingling began to fill her stomach once again. He was testing a boundary that should be between them. But it had not been there that night she looked at him across a crowded ballroom or when he had found her weeping on the stairs. And worst of all was that she did not want anything to separate them. But it should. She was a queen and she was engaged to his little brother. A sick kind of guilt dampened her joy. "Come now Bash, you are ever smiling," she said lightly, trying to ignore the dull thudding of her heart.
"You are free spirited, fledgling at heart…” he complimented and her smile vanished.

Sebastian wondered if he had said something diverse and unwelcome, because his smile also disappeared with hers. Mary’s fingertips spread across his stubble as if she were stroking him tenderly. The hair stern to the touch. Sebastian, lost in her beauty was tempted to lean down and kiss her, but he knew better than to do so. To cut the tension Mary devilishly smeared the mud from his chin over his lips and nose.