Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry! You weren't stepping on anyone's toes. I wasn't aware you had time jumped I thought you assumed they were play fighting indoors. We usually time jump between chapters, but this isn't a fic, we're just doing scenes. So after the garden scene we'll start another one. We can most definitely use your time jump! How about the opening to our next scene? When would you like it to be set? After marriage, pre-marriage or when they first meet?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I'm sorry! You weren't stepping on anyone's toes. I wasn't aware you had time jumped I thought you assumed they were play fighting indoors. We usually time jump between chapters, but this isn't a fic, we're just doing scenes. So after the garden scene we'll start another one. We can most definitely use your time jump! How about the opening to our next scene? When would you like it to be set? After marriage, pre-marriage or when they first meet?
Oh no, I knew they were play fighting outdoors...I just thought since Mary ran away from him after the muddy near-kiss, and Nic had her thinking about how her Ladies would react to her unladylike behavior... I would go from there...kinda fast-forwarding a bit to later that night, after she'd gotten all cleaned up (and lectured by her Ladies )... and then Bash shows up with poor forgotten Stirling.

Heh..I'm a little confused now myself...this isn't a fic? I thought it was kinda..in a loose spontaneous fun sort of way. The Wild & Free fic! But I figured it was all connected... since the beginning where Mary's bored at the window... and Bash is outside watching her... then Mary escaping outdoors and running into Bash... them playing in the mud. And him visiting her room that night to tease her about their almost-kiss. Well, that's how I saw it anyway, but feel free to ignore me! I really like your addition, with all the mud-wrestling (well, not really, but tackling ) and laughter (so nice to "see" Mary joyful, huh? Sigh.)

I love that this fic, or series of scenes, is set soon after Mash first meet... so many happy possibilities. It wouldn't be as much fun to write after the Frary marriage...although I admire anyone who tries to fix the showrunner's mistakes!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Our first shot at doing this was meant to be a fic but we got stuck two chapters in. Then we decided to do scene's instead. We've done a raunchy room kiss and now this is them playing in the gardens.

By the sounds of it we now have your raunchy room kiss to continue on our next one and we're also hoping to do another garden one (whilst francis is away in the plague.) Once we're finished this one, which should be long now, we can do the one you just started.

But just to clarify only this scene is set before. The others we did were set in other times.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Our first shot at doing this was meant to be a fic but we got stuck two chapters in. Then we decided to do scene's instead. We've done a raunchy room kiss and now this is them playing in the gardens.

By the sounds of it we now have your raunchy room kiss to continue on our next one and we're also hoping to do another garden one (whilst francis is away in the plague.) Once we're finished this one, which should be long now, we can do the one you just started.

But just to clarify only this scene is set before. The others we did were set in other times.
Oh, okay, I hadn't realized you guys had such definite plans! I must've missed that conversation on the forum... I kinda thought this group-fic-writing thing was a free-for-all where anyone could join in and take it wherever they imagined, including changing the setting. But that's fine! I'd rather read and enjoy your great teamwork than mess up your plans! If you really want to use what I wrote, that's very nice of you but no pressure! I'm not sure my Bash-visits-Mary's-room scene works well as the beginning of something new...it's a bit abrupt (and references stuff that happened in the garden) ...I'm kinda self-conscious about it, and don't think it's good enough to start off a fic, but anyway! Carry on!

Hey, it's too bad fanfiction.net doesn't allow Choose Your Own Adventure fics, but maybe we could do something like that here? Another group writing exercise?

Turn to Page 3 if you want to get drunk with Bash by the lake! Skinny-dipping! Woo!

Francis catches you kissing Bash! Chase after him? Go to Page 7

On your way, you run into Olivia. Do you want to punch her? Page 12

Oops! You swung and missed 'cause you're too tipsy to see straight! Back to Page 2!

For the record, I feel sorry for Olivia...mostly. And I know...those books have more than one option per chapter. Usually including DEATH! Let's try again:

Catherine invites you to tea. She's warming up to you! Drink? Page 34

Or escape to Page 5 when she starts petting the very stiff bird in her birdcage?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm confused? Since when could other not join in? I don't understand your post.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:07 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I'm confused? Since when could other not join in? I don't understand your post.
I'm sorry, I'm really not communicating well, am I? See, this is why it's safer in lurkerdom. I didn't mean that you weren't allowing others to join in, only that it sounded like you two had a pretty good idea where you wanted to go/what you planned to do... which means someone like me could butt in and make the wrong move! Like not staying in the garden for instance, which is why you thought I was starting a new unrelated scene, right? I just didn't know the rules of the game. You and Nic (I feel so weird calling her that instead of wistfuldreamer when I'm a complete stranger and newbie around here!) ...anyway you two are obviously close and make a great writing team, like I said before... and you've got a plan, and ideas you've discussed... so I shouldn't just jump in and write whatever and derail your writing train of thought.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

We mention what scene we want to do beforehand. Like I mentioned the secret room one and Nic mentioned this one.

Yes, that is correct. I did think you was starting a new scene. Which, is why I said we can use it for the next one. That way the post is still used and you can still continue to join in. Mistakes happen

I don't understand your rules, there are none. I also don't understand what you're trying to get at. Me and Nic have encouraged everyone to join numerous times and we welcomed you, like we would everyone else.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
We mention what scene we want to do beforehand. Like I mentioned the secret room one and Nic mentioned this one.

Yes, that is correct. I did think you was starting a new scene. Which, is why I said we can use it for the next one. That way the post is still used and you can still continue to join in. Mistakes happen

I don't understand your rules, there are none. I also don't understand what you're trying to get at. Me and Nic have encouraged everyone to join numerous times and we welcomed you, like we would everyone else.
Sorry I missed reading the part about the scenes vs. fics! I feel dumb. And my lame attempts at humor must not come across well on the interweb (um, or I'm just lame ) ...I appreciate your welcome... I just meant rules of the game as in... hey let's play a game with Mash in the garden! And the rule is...keep them in the garden! Didn't know the rule, see?

OkaynowpleasegetbacktowritingMashanddon'tpayanyattentiontome!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, well I can't post again, because it's unfair to Nic and others. So anyone can feel free to reply Including you
Old 08-07-2014, 11:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Okay, well I can't post again, because it's unfair to Nic and others. So anyone can feel free to reply Including you
Does it count if I say something like... "And then Mary and Bash hugged like that cute emoticon sourburst uses of two smiley faces hugging. And then they kissed like a kissyface emoticon. And the kissing, oh, it was good!"

Okay, your turn!

...Kidding, yes.

P.S. "Little did they know they were being watched by a sulky-face emoticon with long blonde curls all over it's disembodied head. Spooky!"

There...perfect!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love it
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy (View Post)
Oh, okay, I hadn't realized you guys had such definite plans! I must've missed that conversation on the forum... I kinda thought this group-fic-writing thing was a free-for-all where anyone could join in and take it wherever they imagined, including changing the setting. But that's fine! I'd rather read and enjoy your great teamwork than mess up your plans! If you really want to use what I wrote, that's very nice of you but no pressure! I'm not sure my Bash-visits-Mary's-room scene works well as the beginning of something new...it's a bit abrupt (and references stuff that happened in the garden) ...I'm kinda self-conscious about it, and don't think it's good enough to start off a fic, but anyway! Carry on! Hey, it's too bad fanfiction.net doesn't allow Choose Your Own Adventure fics, but maybe we could do something like that here? Another group writing exercise? Turn to Page 3 if you want to get drunk with Bash by the lake! Skinny-dipping! Woo! Francis catches you kissing Bash! Chase after him? Go to Page 7 On your way, you run into Olivia. Do you want to punch her? Page 12 Oops! You swung and missed 'cause you're too tipsy to see straight! Back to Page 2! For the record, I feel sorry for Olivia...mostly. And I know...those books have more than one option per chapter. Usually including DEATH! Let's try again: Catherine invites you to tea. She's warming up to you! Drink? Page 34 Or escape to Page 5 when she starts petting the very stiff bird in her birdcage?
First, let me say that this post is absolutely BRILLIANT. As a big fan of those Choose Your Own Adventure books, I got a real kick out of this.

Second, welcome to the board. Glad you decided to de-lurk.

Finally, please don't stop participating. I think Jade just got confused and there was some miscommunication. She didn't mean to make you feel like you aren't free to take the story wherever you wanted it to go. There were no rules stated, so you definitely didn't do anything wrong by jumping in. Everyone on the thread is allowed to participate.

I suggest rewinding to Crispy's part of the story and continuing from there, to be fair. But that's just my opinion.

Most importantly, have fun.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly what I said But we've already sorted out the miss-communication,
Old 08-07-2014, 12:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
First, let me say that this post is absolutely BRILLIANT. As a big fan of those Choose Your Own Adventure books, I got a real kick out of this.

Second, welcome to the board. Glad you decided to de-lurk.

Finally, please don't stop participating. I think Jade just got confused and there was some miscommunication. She didn't mean to make you feel like you aren't free to take the story wherever you wanted it to go. There were no rules stated, so you definitely didn't do anything wrong by jumping in. Everyone on the thread is allowed to participate.

I suggest rewinding to Crispy's part of the story and continuing from there, to be fair. But that's just my opinion.

Most importantly, have fun.
Aww thanks firewall! Glad you were entertained...I borrowed quite a few of those CYOA books from the library, back in the day. Always made sure to get the Death Choices out of the way first.

Also appreciate your encouraging me to write fic/scenes... I do think my last bit wouldn't really work as the beginning of something new... probably better as part of this particular fic thingy... but I always hesitate to post 'cause I don't want other writers to feel pressured to include/continue on from my ideas, if they don't like what I wrote, or if it just doesn't fit with what they had in mind to write next. Don't wanna mess with anyone's inspiration, or make them feel obligated to use mine. Still, thanks for welcoming me. All the Mash fans I've met are so nice.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

You didn't interrupt, as mentioned plenty of times. Me and Nic encourage everyone for a reason, because we want everyone to join in. I will not say this again. This is the only thread I find comfort in and right now, this is ridiculous. We need to keep the flow in this thread.

This was sorted and I don't think dragging it out it necessary. I'm not certain as to why it was brought up again, but I encourage you both to disband this. Nothing was done wrong and nothing was out of turn, so I don't see why there's so much drama. It's a garden scene for fun, it's not serious. You could write that Mary turned into an apple and no one would mind.

On another note;

This video is amazing!