Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

No, it's more fun that way. So far just an attraction and a bit of flirting but no lines have been crossed. Yet. And apparently we can't keep them off each other if they've already kissed a billion times.

Quote:
Mary wandered to the window as Monsieur Baudin droned on about the importance of Latin. A fact she was keenly aware of, being as she was raised by nuns in a small convent tucked within the hills of southern France. With a deep sigh, she pressed her forehead to the glass. Oh, how she would rather be out of doors with Sterling than trapped inside this stuffy room. Shadows danced across the tables and books the tutor read from, unaware of her movement or even her presence.

Down below, a young man with dark hair strode across the grounds with a careless freedom she wished she possessed. She knew with certainty that it was Bash, her finance's bastard brother. Brown leather clung to his lithe form, a dreary color to some of the ladies at court but it had captured her eye from the beginning. He was almost one with the earth and the trees he loved so dearly. Abruptly, he turned toward the castle, as if he sensed her scattered musings. She could not see his eyes but she knew they glittered with a wildness that no other man at court could reach. It was a quality that awakened a peculiar yearning within her.
Sebastian looked up at the window, but the sun blinded his view.

Was that Mary, trapped behind the glass? He smiled, picturing her lovely eyes drooping and those tempting lips pouting in restless boredom. No, he did not envy her neverending royal duties. His smile quickly faded at the thought of her sheltered convent upbringing, her destiny laid out before her, and constant threats upon her life. Even if she was engaged to his brother, how damnably unfair to promise a mere child in marriage. The idea of any arranged union - the lack of freedom, of real choice - horrified him. If he was a heathen for not believing in God's divine plan for Kings and Queens, then so be it.

He resumed his walk, thinking back on their first meeting with fondness. Mary's refreshingly blunt assessment of Francis, her lack of concern for her safety, or propriety - how she danced, and encouraged those stuffy nobles to dance with joyful abandon. The honest outpouring of emotion over Sterling, and her vulnerability and loneliness had touched him deeply. A girl so inclined to speak frankly and act impulsively, a girl so naturally wild, was ill-suited for life at French Court. At least he could avoid most of the pretense and politics, being nothing but a bastard. She would be forced to adapt to survive. He shook his head. Morbid thoughts, but he could not help fearing for the girl who must deal with the enemies of the Queen.

It was not his place to protect her, but Mary needed someone she could trust at Court, and he had promised to be her friend. Who better than a bastard with no hidden agendas or ambitions, who wanted nothing from her?

Well, that wasn't entirely true, but he resolved not to force his attentions on her - only to be there if she should want him. There were times when her eyes met his, he would swear that she did want him, perhaps as much as he yearned for her.

As Sebastian dipped out of view, Mary retreated from the WINDOW. "Excuse me Monsieur Baudin, I fear I do not feel well." She quickly slipped by the startled man before he could respond to her thin excuse. When she stepped into the hallway, she took a deep breath. Freedom.

Mary ambled adroitly down the hallway and escaped into the grounds. The warm air claimed her, its humidity filling her lungs with moisture. Her dainty physique elevated across the courtyard and vanished within the canopy trees. She was acquainted by the familiar scent of summer, the forest green demanding her soul.

Shaking her hair free of the pins that held it, she giggled as she scurried toward the open gardens. A few more steps and she'd be alone- "In a hurry, your Grace?" Bash stepped from the shade of a nearby tree, a slow grin spreading across his face.

Mary paused abruptly in her step, so tersely she almost lost all hopes of her dainty balance and collapsed head over heels. She caught herself and pulled her wits from out of the dry soil, straightening herself. Her weight not as sharp as her intelligence.

“Bash! I’ll beg you not to taunt me,” she sighed with a hand on her stomach.
"It was you that was in such a rush," he drawled with a twinkle in his eyes. "Were you meeting a secret beau?"

"Bash," she sputtered, a blush staining her cheeks. It was as if he knew she had been at the window, daydreaming of meeting him here. Never daring to believe he'd catch her within those daydreams. "Now I know you are teasing me."

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I need more info on when it's set then. Pre F/M marriage was them being together in a relationship. What has/hasn't happened?

Quote:
Mary wandered to the window as Monsieur Baudin droned on about the importance of Latin. A fact she was keenly aware of, being as she was raised by nuns in a small convent tucked within the hills of southern France. With a deep sigh, she pressed her forehead to the glass. Oh, how she would rather be out of doors with Sterling than trapped inside this stuffy room. Shadows danced across the tables and books the tutor read from, unaware of her movement or even her presence.

Down below, a young man with dark hair strode across the grounds with a careless freedom she wished she possessed. She knew with certainty that it was Bash, her finance's bastard brother. Brown leather clung to his lithe form, a dreary color to some of the ladies at court but it had captured her eye from the beginning. He was almost one with the earth and the trees he loved so dearly. Abruptly, he turned toward the castle, as if he sensed her scattered musings. She could not see his eyes but she knew they glittered with a wildness that no other man at court could reach. It was a quality that awakened a peculiar yearning within her.

Was that Mary, trapped behind the glass? He smiled, picturing her lovely eyes drooping and those tempting lips pouting in restless boredom. No, he did not envy her neverending royal duties. His smile quickly faded at the thought of her sheltered convent upbringing, her destiny laid out before her, and constant threats upon her life. Even if she was engaged to his brother, how damnably unfair to promise a mere child in marriage. The idea of any arranged union - the lack of freedom, of real choice - horrified him. If he was a heathen for not believing in God's divine plan for Kings and Queens, then so be it.

He resumed his walk, thinking back on their first meeting with fondness. Mary's refreshingly blunt assessment of Francis, her lack of concern for her safety, or propriety - how she danced, and encouraged those stuffy nobles to dance with joyful abandon. The honest outpouring of emotion over Sterling, and her vulnerability and loneliness had touched him deeply. A girl so inclined to speak frankly and act impulsively, a girl so naturally wild, was ill-suited for life at French Court. At least he could avoid most of the pretense and politics, being nothing but a bastard. She would be forced to adapt to survive. He shook his head. Morbid thoughts, but he could not help fearing for the girl who must deal with the enemies of the Queen.

It was not his place to protect her, but Mary needed someone she could trust at Court, and he had promised to be her friend. Who better than a bastard with no hidden agendas or ambitions, who wanted nothing from her?

Well, that wasn't entirely true, but he resolved not to force his attentions on her - only to be there if she should want him. There were times when her eyes met his, he would swear that she did want him, perhaps as much as he yearned for her.

As Sebastian dipped out of view, Mary retreated from the WINDOW. "Excuse me Monsieur Baudin, I fear I do not feel well." She quickly slipped by the startled man before he could respond to her thin excuse. When she stepped into the hallway, she took a deep breath. Freedom.

Mary ambled adroitly down the hallway and escaped into the grounds. The warm air claimed her, its humidity filling her lungs with moisture. Her dainty physique elevated across the courtyard and vanished within the canopy trees. She was acquainted by the familiar scent of summer, the forest green demanding her soul.

Shaking her hair free of the pins that held it, she giggled as she scurried toward the open gardens. A few more steps and she'd be alone- "In a hurry, your Grace?" Bash stepped from the shade of a nearby tree, a slow grin spreading across his face.

Mary paused abruptly in her step, so tersely she almost lost all hopes of her dainty balance and collapsed head over heels. She caught herself and pulled her wits from out of the dry soil, straightening herself. Her weight not as sharp as her intelligence.

"It was you that was in such a rush," he drawled with a twinkle in his eyes. "Were you meeting a secret beau?"

"Bash," she sputtered, a blush staining her cheeks. It was as if he knew she had been at the window, daydreaming of meeting him here. Never daring to believe he'd catch her within those daydreams. "Now I know you are teasing me."
Defeated, a smirk elevated onto the small of his lips. She had saw right through his fractured façade. He couldn’t help but notice how incredulously mischievous she had first appeared upon exiting the castle. He took a several steps forwards and met her in the sunlight.

“Then shall we walk, Your Grace?” He gestured and the open field ahead.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

The early episodes, shortly after the second episode. So the Mash relationship has been set up and there's that hint of something more.

Quote:

As Sebastian dipped out of view, Mary retreated from the window. "Excuse me Monsieur Baudin, I fear I do not feel well." She quickly slipped by the startled man before he could respond to her thin excuse. When she stepped into the hallway, she took a deep breath. Freedom.

Defeated, a smirk elevated onto the small of his lips. She had saw right through his fractured façade. He couldn’t help but notice how incredulously mischievous she had first appeared upon exiting the castle. He took a several steps forwards and met her in the sunlight.

Mary inclined her head and turned away from the garden gates. They fell into a leisurely step, her gold skirts swishing against the grass, almost touching the tip of his boots. "It seems you are always here," she gestured to their surroundings, "and not much at the castle."

"Like you, I quite like mud underfoot," he smiled, "In the castle, I am not quite myself."

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

As Sebastian dipped out of view, Mary retreated from the window. "Excuse me Monsieur Baudin, I fear I do not feel well." She quickly slipped by the startled man before he could respond to her thin excuse. When she stepped into the hallway, she took a deep breath. Freedom.

Mary inclined her head and turned away from the garden gates. They fell into a leisurely step, her gold skirts swishing against the grass, almost touching the tip of his boots. "It seems you are always here," she gestured to their surroundings, "and not much at the castle."

"Like you, I quite like mud underfoot," he smiled, "In the castle, I am not quite myself."
“How so?” Mary enquired, but Sebastian had no response that would suffice her requirements.

“God created me an outdoors man,” he smirked, “Though air fills my lungs inside, it’s quite different being free.”

Mary knew he was adequately accurate, you could get the same rations outside as you could indoors, but not freedom. Freedom was something of a luxury to her and a way of life for him. His passing by had not been happen chance and she knew deep in the pit of her stomach, that her desire for the grounds was not in aid of fresh air. However, air was something she currently felt short of in his presence.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Jade, you have a good voice for this period stuff, I like it.

Quote:
Part 1

“How so?” Mary enquired, but Sebastian had no response that would suffice her requirements.

“God created me an outdoors man,” he smirked, “Though air fills my lungs inside, it’s quite different being free.”

Mary knew he was adequately accurate, you could get the same rations outside as you could indoors, but not freedom. Freedom was something of a luxury to her and a way of life for him. His passing by had not been happen chance and she knew deep in the pit of her stomach, that her desire for the grounds was not in aid of fresh air. However, air was something she currently felt short of in his presence.
Whilst Mary was preoccupied with her own thoughts, Bash studied her countenance. The way her dark tresses tangled in the summer breeze, struggling to escape the structure of the beaded headpiece she wore. Deep in the darkness of night, he dreamed of weaving those strands through his fingers, to kiss each snarl of hair, to feel their silk beneath his lips. In the dim light of morning, he woke up with an ache in his heart that he could not distinguish or even name. To desire his brother's intended was surely a sin, but to stop it would be like preventing the sun from rising. Bash shook away the images, it was one thing to desire her in the privacy of his cottage, but to fancy her in her presence was quite another.

Mary felt the heat of his gaze as she gathered her wits once again. She met his eyes, burned by their intensity. Her stomach fluttered so she pressed her hand over it to ease the feeling, "Yes, I would imagine so."

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't telling your being sarcastic! I suck don't i? Gah!

Mary's eyes fluttered around the land ahead, there was a small pond that could be mistaken for a puddle. Beside it stood Stirling, bold and bright. She approached the pond, horror struck. It was full of weeds and the water had green moss tainting it's surface. She turned her gaze to Stirling and found that his paws were sodden with mud.

"Oh Stirling," she gasped.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't being sarcastic, I do like your writing.

Stirling, it has been too long.

---

Quote:
Part 1

Whilst Mary was preoccupied with her own thoughts, Bash studied her countenance. The way her dark tresses tangled in the summer breeze, struggling to escape the structure of the beaded headpiece she wore. Deep in the darkness of night, he dreamed of weaving those strands through his fingers, to kiss each snarl of hair, to feel their silk beneath his lips. In the dim light of morning, he woke up with an ache in his heart that he could not distinguish or even name. To desire his brother's intended was surely a sin, but to stop it would be like preventing the sun from rising. Bash shook away the images, it was one thing to desire her in the privacy of his cottage, but to fancy her in her presence was quite another.

Mary felt the heat of his gaze as she gathered her wits once again. She met his eyes, burned by their intensity. Her stomach fluttered so she pressed her hand over it to ease the feeling, "Yes, I would imagine so."

Mary's eyes fluttered around the land ahead, there was a small pond that could be mistaken for a puddle. Beside it stood Stirling, bold and bright. She approached the pond, horror struck. It was full of weeds and the water had green moss tainting it's surface. She turned her gaze to Stirling and found that his paws were sodden with mud.

At the sound of her voice, Stirling bounded toward her, knocking her to the ground in his excitement. "Stirling!" She shrieked and he licked her face, "Oh stop!" She was overcome with fits of laugher as the big dog continued to lick her face.

Bash did not know whether to pry the dog off her or laugh. Mary did not seem distressed so he chose the latter. "It seems your dog does not know that he's no longer a puppy."

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww thank you Nic! I aspire to be as good as you one day!

"Pup or naught, look at my dress," she shrieked fighting for what dignity she had left.

"Mud becomes you," he smirked with his eyes closed.

"Oh is that so?" She asked cheekily, scooping up mud with her fingertips and flicking it at him. At first she had merely been aiming for him, but it fragmented in the wind and sprayed up his face. She watched as Sebastian paused, her shocked intake of breath causing him to slowly open his eyes. "Forgive me," she recoiled getting ready to run
Old 08-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Aww thanks. I don't like my writing either, it's the curse of being a writer, I think.

And lordie, Mash are so cute.

---

Quote:
Part 1

At the sound of her voice, Stirling bounded toward her, knocking her to the ground in his excitement. "Stirling!" She shrieked and he licked her face, "Oh stop!" She was overcome with fits of laugher as the big dog continued to lick her face.

Bash did not know whether to pry the dog off her or laugh. Mary did not seem distressed so he chose the latter. "It seems your dog does not know that he's no longer a puppy."

"Pup or naught, look at my dress," she shrieked fighting for what dignity she had left.

"Oh is that so?" She asked cheekily, scooping up mud with her fingertips and flicking it at him. At first she had merely been aiming for him, but it fragmented in the wind and sprayed up his face. She watched as Sebastian paused, her shocked intake of breath causing him to slowly open his eyes. "Forgive me," she recoiled getting ready to run.
"Oh no," he took three long strides toward her, catching her by the waist, "Not so fast, Your Grace." He teased, flipping her around so they were facing each other. Was it her heart or his that was beating so quickly?

Fear and exhilaration pumped through her veins, causing her breath to hitch as she waited, "Forgive me," she whispered again.

He swiped a streak of mud from his face and streaked it across her cheek, "Now we are even."

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mary flinched under his lingering touch and then their eyes connected. The laboured touch of his skin on hers was magnified by the humidity surrounding them. She noticed her head leaning slightly in towards him, his lips pulling her eyes in like a magnetic field. She slowly moved her head back so that he wouldn't notice and then wiped her cheek on his. Her mud getting caught in his stubble.

Sebastian's grip loosened and Mary broke free. He thought she was going to head but him. He soon regretted it, for she was escaping him. Wild and free.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

I think head butting occurs at least once per story.

---

Quote:
Part 1

"Oh is that so?" She asked cheekily, scooping up mud with her fingertips and flicking it at him. At first she had merely been aiming for him, but it fragmented in the wind and sprayed up his face. She watched as Sebastian paused, her shocked intake of breath causing him to slowly open his eyes. "Forgive me," she recoiled getting ready to run

"Oh no," he took three long strides toward her, catching her by the waist, "Not so fast, Your Grace." He teased, flipping her around so they were facing each other. Was it her heart or his that was beating so quickly?

Fear and exhilaration pumped through her veins, causing her breath to hitch as she waited, "Forgive me," she whispered again.

He swiped a streak of mud from his face and streaked it across her cheek, "Now we are even."

Mary flinched under his lingering touch and then their eyes connected. The laboured touch of his skin on hers was magnified by the humidity surrounding them. She noticed her head leaning slightly in towards him, his lips pulling her eyes in like a magnetic field. She slowly moved her head back so that he wouldn't notice and then wiped her cheek on his. Her mud getting caught in his stubble.

Sebastian's grip loosened and Mary broke free. He thought she was going to head but him. He soon regretted it, for she was escaping him. Wild and free.
Mary ran across the open field, terrified that Sebastian would pursue her and worried that he would not. What a curious feeling that battled within her. For a moment, she had considered kissing him but what did she know of kisses? Francis was forever running from her and Bash...it was rumored that he had gotten all the passion. A furious blush spread across her cheeks.

Muddied skirts and unruly curls flew behind her. The girls would not let her hear the end of this...rolling about in the mud like a wild thing. Oh but it had felt good to play with Stirling as she used to at the convent. And Bash had not recoiled from her unladylike behavior. In fact, he had seemed inspired by it.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ OH MY this post is good Nic!!! I love it.

Sorry for not partaking, I'm just not feeling like it. Hope my Mash mojo comes back someday.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roses-or-Rain (View Post)
Hope I'm not butting in here! I don't always know what to post, (or where I fit in) but that doesn't mean I'n not enjoying reading what everybody else is saying
Exactly how I feel! Nice to know I am not alone here. And thanks a lot for encouraging my ranting, and writing...

Hope my next attempt doesn't disappoint. Didn't think I'd do another but you guys inspired me again and I thought of some show stuff to reference and criticize, so that was fun. I still feel like an interloper and am hesitant to interrupt wistfuldreamer and sourburst who have such a great back-and-forth rapport. But now that they're sleeping... shh... maybe I'll sneak in. (Um, not sneaking into their rooms though. I'll leave that to Bash. )

Sorry I don't know how to quote the whole fic, so I'm just replying to the most recent post! For some reason, it doesn't include the part she quoted... Oh, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it shorter but maybe my less frequent posts balance it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
Mary ran across the open field, terrified that Sebastian would pursue her and worried that he would not. What a curious feeling that battled within her. For a moment, she had considered kissing him but what did she know of kisses? Francis was forever running from her and Bash...it was rumored that he had gotten all the passion. A furious blush spread across her cheeks.

Muddied skirts and unruly curls flew behind her. The girls would not let her hear the end of this...rolling about in the mud like a wild thing. Oh but it had felt good to play with Stirling as she used to at the convent. And Bash had not recoiled from her unladylike behavior. In fact, he had seemed inspired by it.
She was about to retire for the night, when a soft knock sounded at her door. Mary sighed, preparing herself for more fussing and scolding from her Ladies.

"Yes, come in."

Graceful and ladylike, she turned, then jumped at the sight of Sebastian, standing in her doorway. How bold to visit her bedchamber, yet he seemed hesitant to enter. Heart pounding, she walked towards him, wondering at his unusually serious expression.

"No guards? I had thought, after... Although I am glad to avoid the dungeons this evening, I would rest easy there, knowing you had such vigilant protectors."

Bash spoke lightly, but his eyes burned with outrage, and Mary knew he was thinking of Colin's recent attack. No one, not even her Ladies, not even Francis, had shown such concern - for her reputation and for the alliance, yes, but not for her.

"Nevermind, Your Grace. Here's a friend to stand guard."

With a smile he opened the door wider to reveal Stirling, waiting in the hall. Finally entering the room, Sebastian let go the leash, which Mary now realized he had sneakily hidden behind him, and Stirling ran to greet her as if they had been parted for years.

"Oh, how could I have forgotten him?" Mary hid her face in the dog's mane. True, she had been distracted by Bash, and his lips...

"Yes, how could you run away like that, and with no goodbye kiss?"

Mary looked up in shock at his apparent mindreading. Bash winked at her.

"Stirling was disappointed."

Last edited by crispy; 08-07-2014 at 06:40 AM
Old 08-07-2014, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Your post confused me, did you start a new one? They're having a mud fight in the gardens? I shall continue from Nic's post, is that okay? Can we save yours for the next one? It sounds saucy! That way we can do the garden one (continuing from the last smutt one) and then we can do your bedroom one.

Quote:
PART 1

Sebastian momentarily watched her escape ahead, his mind programming the circumstance slower than his body. However, his physical impulse motivated him forward after her. In a few outsized paces he caught up with her, his breath shaky He flung himself at her, but missed. Instead, he lost his balance slightly and fell into her, taking her down with him. Together, they both plummeted to the ground, Mary’s gasp sounding in his ear, taunting him.

Arms were bent, heads were bumped and shoulders were grazed. Sebastian rolled off of Mary’s back in a terror, but before he could offer his apologies he could hear Mary’s chortling muffled by the ground. She too rolled onto her back and her pleasant laughing warmed his heart.

“Oh Bash,” she snorted, “I do not remember the last time I was filled with such joyfulness.”
Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
^ Your post confused me, did you start a new one? They're having a mud fight in the gardens? I shall continue from Nic's post, is that okay? Can we save yours for the next one? It sounds saucy! That way we can do the garden one (continuing from the last smutt one) and then we can do your bedroom one.
Oops I was afraid of this, stepping on someone's toes! I guess it was bound to happen with 3 people, that 2 would write at the same time, continuing the last part differently. Yeah I continued based on Nic's last post, but I did a little bit of a time jump (Shame on me! Hate it when Reign does 'em! ) ....but thanks for wanting to use mine later. If it still makes sense later, since "my" Mary left Stirling behind (she's always losing him, isn't she? ) and ran away from Bash without kissing him. You don't have to use mine though. Go on and make them kiss in the garden if you wanna.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread