Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know how Alyssa would have already seen it though. I imagine Torrance has told her something and she's anticipating seeing it. We all know she is an M/B shipper so maybe that was a hint. I don't want to believe it but now both of them have hinted I'm excited.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I don't know how Alyssa would have already seen it though. I imagine Torrance has told her something and she's anticipating seeing it. We all know she is an M/B shipper so maybe that was a hint. I don't want to believe it but now both of them have hinted I'm excited.
Well, I imagine that they discuss the show to at least some extent. When he gets a new script or what scene(s) he's filmed that day, etc. So I'm sure she knows what's coming up, even if she hasn't seen it yet with her own eyes.

I don't keep up with Alyssa on Twitter or watch the show, so I'm not sure what storylines are going on right now or what she's invested in or likes (I like her page on FB and just happened to see the Q&A pop up on my feed after it was over... of course! or I would have asked a M&B question myself ), so it's hard to make a guess. I know she was a M/B shipper, but of course that was likely because Torrance had more of a leading role when that was going on and he was later pushed off to the sidelines, so anything that happens with M/B is good, because it brings Torrance more to the forefront. Remember how many interviews he had and how much publicity he had when M/B were a thing? He was like the spokesperson for the show! You almost never saw or heard from Toby. It was always Torrance and Adelaide. Perhaps he was more approachable, but that attention seemed to die down once the triangle ended. But maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, maybe this can give a shred of hope for something!
Old 01-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

I saw that tweet and was confused because so far there was no Mash scene that you can say that they could continue what started in S1 I would like to see it though, I rather watch Mash than anyone else now that Francis died
Old 01-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

No i think she liked M/B more because they were about love rather than duty. That's what all women want now, love.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Extreme Fan

True, Jade. That's one of the things I personally loved about M/B so much. Bash loved Mary. Not for her title, her power, her position or anything else that others around her might have been interested in, but her as a girl and there was never really a reason to question that and the writers really emphasized how important that was to her in the early first season, so I think that is why it was so hard to swallow when they threw it all out the window and it almost felt untrue to Mary's character that had been built up. Especially with how they did the Francis proposal - it felt like, "well my dad said yes, so let's do this!!!!!!" and what I wanted to hear (and I think what Mary would have wanted to hear based on how they had wrote her character), "damn everybody, I love you and want to be your husband and we can figure this out together" which is more along the lines of Bash's attitude. I also loved the learning dynamic between the two, which is why I wish they could have at least stayed friends, because they were so different and brought each other a different perspective. Of course those are just my preferences and what I liked about the two. At the end of the day I can at least say I'm happy that Laurie didn't turn Bash into a jerk. At least we have what we have and she didn't ruin his character. Yes, the pagan storyline went to hell and they did all of those time jumps which ruined a lot of development that could have been handled better, but to her credit she never tried to turn Bash into a jerk. He just loved her and that was all.

Did anyone see Adelaide and Torrance at dance rehearsals?? They're hilarious!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-Z7KavpPx/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-aL3wvpAH/
Old 01-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was very hard to swallow and although Torrance hinted at them I feel like Mary is going after another lover instead. Hmm.

And I hadn't saw those until just
Old 01-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Extreme Fan

It's not very romantic, but I think that Mary was primarily interested in doing what was best for Scotland in S1, even though she loved Francis and Bash. She started to flush that in S2. In S3, Scotland is less important than her love of Francis, which led her to offer to trade her life in order to bring Francis back.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It really is hard to swallow that they seemed to just drop their relationship and throw away everything that they had shared. They had a special connection. I would love to believe Torrance's hint, but it seems like if they had wanted to start to rekindle any type of relationship between Mary and Bash (romantic or friendship), they would have done it immeditately following Francis' death. That was the point where they could have found comfort in each other and helped each other through their grief. I suppose it could still happen, though... but it appears that they have another potential love interest for Mary that is filling that role. I prefer that Mary and Bash remain friends, but I may be open to them becoming more later. Regardless, now that Francis has died, I would MUCH rather have her sharing scenes with Bash than with this stranger that they have brought in. Perhaps there's still hope that Bash will accompany her to Scotland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
Especially with how they did the Francis proposal - it felt like, "well my dad said yes, so let's do this!!!!!!" and what I wanted to hear (and I think what Mary would have wanted to hear based on how they had wrote her character), "damn everybody, I love you and want to be your husband and we can figure this out together" which is more along the lines of Bash's attitude.
I think maybe you should rewatch Francis' proposal, because he basically says exactly what you did in your second option:

"I'll pressure you, and listen to you, and argue with you, and love you until the day I die. Together, we'll decide what is right, as husband and wife."

As a Frary fan, I'm biased, but I think that proposal is what everyone woman wants to hear. One thing I know for sure is that Francis loves ALL of Mary: the girl, the queen, his equal. But loving her doesn't mean he let's her do whatever the heck she wants to. If she is acting impulsively or dangerously, he will argue with her and try to stop her.

That being said, I adore the purity of Bash's love for Mary. Like you said, he simply loved her - without reservation or conflict.

The fact that Laurie didn't make Bash a jerk is one of the few things I can thank her for.

Thanks for sharing those Ade and Torr dance vids! They are PRICELESS. So cute.

Last edited by kerbear28; 01-25-2016 at 10:04 PM
Old 01-27-2016, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

new thread soon.. you can see on their threads that they don't have many scenes together anymore kinda sad..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Any title ideas?

btw, there are some bts pics that gave Mash hope again
Old 01-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

^they're in the OP
Old 01-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star