Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the spoilers Main characters than in every show that;s not the point,

If you don't feel the same, I can't force my opinion on you, it is just how I and many feels; the sudden changes in the show felt like it tried to be something else and tried too hard to be taken seriously.

Vikings was Vikings and felt like Vikings from the beginning, you can't even compare this show to Reign IMO; But you probably watched more Reign episodes than me at this point so Also that's the most I've talked about this show since the beginning of S2.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't comparing Vikings to Reign. i was comparing it to game of thrones. Which, proves my point. Game of Thrones is highly similar to Vikings and you said there's nothing in common with Vikings and Reign aka Game of Thrones and reign

Also there's no spoilers in this thread
Old 03-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

USD POLL : Which CW TV show would benefit the most from a change of a show runner? | Spoilers
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

That's surprising! I thought TVD (never watched it) was really popular.

Re: the show comparisons - GoT is supposed to be based on a book series, Reign is supposed to be mostly fictional but including the major points of Mary's life during the time period of the show. Not sure about Vikings ... never heard of it.

I know in the book(s) of GoT (my BF spoiled it for me ... I'm going to read it eventually) that the main character dies - which you wouldn't normally do on a TV show, but the book does it. Same problem with Reign - Mary married Francis, Henry dies, Francis dies without children by Mary ... all major historical points. Henry was a good character (until he went crazy), bummer to kill him off - but it's historically accurate. Same will happen with Francis.

Tania, I agree that they should have kept the early S1 feel until Scotland, too. I suspect that it had something to do with writing the first 13 episodes to try to sell a full season, etc. But I will say, the one thing I did like in early S2 was that with Henry dead Mary and Francis stepped up and were firmer - basically taking on their roles as being king/queen instead of Francis just being the Dauphin.

icon: sourburst
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think Reign is even comparable to GOT. However, there are some similarities, and it feels like Reign is mostly pushing it
Like Bash being a bastard, the incest sl, the rape sl, who's going to sit on the throne of england sl, the killing random people sl..
Also, we all know that the actors/writers are huge fans of GOT, and they always say in their interview "we're not afraid of killing important people if it helps the plot" when in reality all they kill is guest stars they brought back from S1, and it doesn't even fit the plot
Old 03-30-2015, 12:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Reign is like a history version of Days of our Lives

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-30-2015, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Reign is like a history version of Days of our Lives
Yes! Laurie has gained a lot of her experience working on soap operas funnily enough!

On the topic of Reign trying to imitate Game of Thrones... I don't think they are necessarily copying GOT by any means, but I do think they look at shows like GOT and try to go for that factor that they think draws people in, which is natural if you want to succeed. I personally haven't watched GOT myself, but I do know what a lot of people say about it... It's shocking, it has lots of sex, it has incest, it has rape, it has lots of violence, etc. I think it's common these days for shows to go as far as they can to shock people, so Reign is just taking that idea and going as far as they can with it on a teen network.

I like to be shocked, but I don't like to be disturbed, and to me, the show became more and more disturbing and finally I stopped watching. To me it really started in 1x12. I didn't like that episode much at all and it just kept going downhill from there. Clarissa's death bothered me and how Mary reacted (lol she didn't, not even a "I feel bad for how this all went down..."), the consummation scene and then Henry's madness. I hated Henry's madness. If I was in charge the show would have been much different.

In my ideal version of Reign:
  • Francis and Mary would have married. That is clearly history. It had to happen.
  • After Mary "killed" Clarissa, she would have had a moment or at least five seconds of grief and proclaim something like, "damn, I wish it wouldn't have happened this way. She helped me live so many times and now look what I've done." and then Bash or Francis or EVEN BETTER, ONE OF HER FRIENDS would have told her, "you did what you had to at the time and you didn't realize what the outcome would be, it's okay."
  • There wouldn't have been a consummation scene. Or if there was, Bash wouldn't have been forced to watch.
  • Henry wouldn't have gone crazy. And I probably would have waited to kill him until a later season. At least season two. I quit watching before his death, but it's hard for me to imagine the show without him. I loved him and Catherine together. They brought humour.
  • I would have given Greer's storyline to Kenna. I think it would have been MUCH more interesting to watch Kenna fall in love with someone "below her station". It could have been fun if he was a noble that wasn't as rich as he appeared. Kenna could have rescued his fortune and had love. I did like Greer and Leith (I cried when she stood and watched him march off ), but I really preferred the dynamic between Greer and Castleroy.
  • Bash would have perhaps had a fling like Rowan here and there (supposedly in character), but he'd always care for and protect Mary and they would continue to be there for each other, but keep it as a friendship. Francis wouldn't have been so disgustingly territorial over Mary and would have been more understanding about the situation.
  • The Pagan story wouldn't have been such a let down. It would have perhaps ended in a scene between Bash, Henry and Francis becoming closer as a family instead of how it did end.

Of course this is based on when I quit watching, which was before the first season ended. I'm not sure what all went down at the end of the first, but from what I read, I didn't like it. I don't know what the show is like now though beyond Mary loves Conde and even that itself is a vague concept to me. I did watch Greer and Castleroy scenes from earlier in this second season to make a vid of them on YT, but other than that I haven't watched, therefor I may seem a bit outdated.

Last edited by bookcrookliza; 03-30-2015 at 04:56 AM
Old 03-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I wasn't comparing Vikings to Reign. i was comparing it to game of thrones. Which, proves my point. Game of Thrones is highly similar to Vikings and you said there's nothing in common with Vikings and Reign aka Game of Thrones and reign

Also there's no spoilers in this thread
You spoiled Vikings for me

Like I said I can't force my opinion on you, I feel like you don't get my point: Vikings is Vikings, and GoT is GoT I don't even think they're similar; now Reign is like a bastard teen show trying to be in the same league but it just doesn't have the same quality to it, I blame the rushed story lines personally.

Liza explained it better:

Quote:
On the topic of Reign trying to imitate Game of Thrones... I don't think they are necessarily copying GOT by any means, but I do think they look at shows like GOT and try to go for that factor that they think draws people in, which is natural if you want to succeed. I personally haven't watched GOT myself, but I do know what a lot of people say about it... It's shocking, it has lots of sex, it has incest, it has rape, it has lots of violence, etc. I think it's common these days for shows to go as far as they can to shock people, so Reign is just taking that idea and going as far as they can with it on a teen network.
ITA. The difference is that GoT has strong themes and interesting character development to back it up, Reign has... beautiful actors .

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I don't think Reign is even comparable to GOT. However, there are some similarities, and it feels like Reign is mostly pushing it
Like Bash being a bastard, the incest sl, the rape sl, who's going to sit on the throne of england sl, the killing random people sl..
Also, we all know that the actors/writers are huge fans of GOT, and they always say in their interview "we're not afraid of killing important people if it helps the plot" when in reality all they kill is guest stars they brought back from S1, and it doesn't even fit the plot
Killing Henri was very bold, still mad Bash didn't do it. But we wouldn't have had that awesome blackmail storyline if he had.

Last edited by b4dark; 03-30-2015 at 10:11 AM
Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcrookliza (View Post)
In my ideal version of Reign:
  • Francis and Mary would have married. That is clearly history. It had to happen.
  • After Mary "killed" Clarissa, she would have had a moment or at least five seconds of grief and proclaim something like, "damn, I wish it wouldn't have happened this way. She helped me live so many times and now look what I've done." and then Bash or Francis or EVEN BETTER, ONE OF HER FRIENDS would have told her, "you did what you had to at the time and you didn't realize what the outcome would be, it's okay."
  • There wouldn't have been a consummation scene. Or if there was, Bash wouldn't have been forced to watch.
  • Henry wouldn't have gone crazy. And I probably would have waited to kill him until a later season. At least season two. I quit watching before his death, but it's hard for me to imagine the show without him. I loved him and Catherine together. They brought humour.
  • I would have given Greer's storyline to Kenna. I think it would have been MUCH more interesting to watch Kenna fall in love with someone "below her station". It could have been fun if he was a noble that wasn't as rich as he appeared. Kenna could have rescued his fortune and had love. I did like Greer and Leith (I cried when she stood and watched him march off ), but I really preferred the dynamic between Greer and Castleroy.
  • Bash would have perhaps had a fling like Rowan here and there (supposedly in character), but he'd always care for and protect Mary and they would continue to be there for each other, but keep it as a friendship. Francis wouldn't have been so disgustingly territorial over Mary and would have been more understanding about the situation.
  • The Pagan story wouldn't have been such a let down. It would have perhaps ended in a scene between Bash, Henry and Francis becoming closer as a family instead of how it did end.
Tbh I would've loved it if they did that, minus the Kenna lovestory, because I love her when she screws up and I think she should either be with a king or a woman and I don't care if it's endgame or not Antoine and her are my otp (Antoine is the king of Navarre, he was a guest star in S2)
Also I agree I would've loved Mary to be at least a little affected by the fact that she murdered someone who helped her many many times, the pagan/darkness thing was scamped. And the whole show was scamped in the end tbh, like it felt as if they were going somewhere and then they completely changed the plot (especially this season.)
I mean, what about Bash killing Pascal's father ? Why did they kill Yvette when there was so much potential ? How come Antoine lied to his brother about his wife's pregnancy, he told him she was dying when she was in fact pregnant and Conde didn't seem the least bit disturbed by seeing Jeanne pregnant ? I mean you'd think if a queen was pregnant the world would know, that's like the supidest sl. And that darkness thing ? And why didn't we get to see Clarissa again, we all know she's not dead ? And what was that about Catherine hitting Diane in the head and murdering her with such violence ? and that ghost sl, the murder of the twins ? This show knows nothing of consistency. Diane refused to kill Kenna and they expect us to believe she would kill baby twins ? SERIOUSLY WTH

Tania I can't believe I forgot about Henry's death I think making him mad was bolder Don't even mention that blackmail sl, it was dragged for so long, I thought it would never end
Old 04-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSpace (View Post)
Laura!

It's been forever! So glad you could join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingjay (View Post)
laura!!! missed you hope you're well
Kelly, Wendy!

I've missing you.... so, there's hope for Mash?

icon: rachel/adam
Old 04-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloisFan (View Post)
Guys!

Kelly, Wendy!

I've missing you.... so, there's hope for Mash?
Hope?? At this point I hope to see them in a scene together!

The only hope I have is maybe a friendship or more after Francis dies? Maybe Bash will go to Scotland with Mary (with whoever else) after Francis dies?

It's really ridiculous ... they were close even before she chose to marry Bash and her feelings really changed significantly. Now it's like none of it ever happened! Totally unbelievable!

icon: sourburst
Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea i would just take them building up a friendship again even if they dont get together again
Old 04-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

So they don't even share scenes together?!

icon: rachel/adam
Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Unfortunately they don't this season, but I think there's a scene coming up
Old 04-07-2015, 05:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
Tbh I would've loved it if they did that, minus the Kenna lovestory, because I love her when she screws up and I think she should either be with a king or a woman and I don't care if it's endgame or not Antoine and her are my otp (Antoine is the king of Navarre, he was a guest star in S2)
Also I agree I would've loved Mary to be at least a little affected by the fact that she murdered someone who helped her many many times, the pagan/darkness thing was scamped. And the whole show was scamped in the end tbh, like it felt as if they were going somewhere and then they completely changed the plot (especially this season.)
I mean, what about Bash killing Pascal's father ? Why did they kill Yvette when there was so much potential ? How come Antoine lied to his brother about his wife's pregnancy, he told him she was dying when she was in fact pregnant and Conde didn't seem the least bit disturbed by seeing Jeanne pregnant ? I mean you'd think if a queen was pregnant the world would know, that's like the supidest sl. And that darkness thing ? And why didn't we get to see Clarissa again, we all know she's not dead ? And what was that about Catherine hitting Diane in the head and murdering her with such violence ? and that ghost sl, the murder of the twins ? This show knows nothing of consistency. Diane refused to kill Kenna and they expect us to believe she would kill baby twins ? SERIOUSLY WTH

Tania I can't believe I forgot about Henry's death I think making him mad was bolder Don't even mention that blackmail sl, it was dragged for so long, I thought it would never end
True! Well, I would have loved to see pretty much anything for Kenna besides being forced to marry Bash! It just seemed so completely out of character the way it was handled afterwards. They basically resigned without much of a fight. I haven't watched, so I have no idea who Antoine is, but I'll take your word for it! I'm glad that, at least for now, they're giving her a good love interest!

Yes! It does feel like they changed plots at the last minute on more than a few things. Like no one can ever convince me that Bash and Kenna were pre-planned. I can guarantee that they just went back and thought, "who could we pair with Bash that would be as twisted as possible" and the answer was Kenna. I think that could have been a decent storyline, but it just wasn't handled right. I expected as a viewer for them to take longer to get together romantically due to their personalities or try and figure a way to get out of it. And I really wish we could know what Stephanie originally planned or would have come up with for the second half of the first season. I highly doubt it turned in a direction she would have gone in, just because you could tell how completely different the first half and the second half were. The tone, the characters, everything.

And yes, yes, yes about Diane killing the twins! I heard about that and just It just makes absolutely no sense, and it totally goes against the history of Diane. I know... the show isn't following history basically at all by now, but still!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread