Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I finally rewatched the episode. One day before the show comes back. My custom title fits me very well

First, they all looked so young! Lisbon was much more strict, and yes, they had known each other for 5 years but since those happened offscreen, the 5 years we saw them on screen were the ones when she grew closer to Jane.

So interesting watching this when you know McAllister is RJ. At first McAllister ignores him, later on there's some intense eye contact.

I loved Lisbon tackling Hector and Wayne tackled Red John! Lisbon sassied RJ too I noticed McAllister's wedding ring, I wonder who his wife is.

I liked the Jane/Lisbon and Cho/Jane interaction. They haven't changed that much. Jane/Lisbon banter and Cho "enabling" Jane.

It was interesting to see darker Jane again. And his first good chemistry with kids. And hypnosis! We haven't seen it in a long while.
It was interesting to see him talk to the kid about how he shouldn't kill the killer, because he wanted to do that himself (though it hadn't been revealed yet). But he probably just didn't want a kid to kill. And then he talked about making them sorry, which he made sure happened with RJ before killing him.

I never noticed the redheaded girl before they abucted her the first time I saw the episode. This time I spotted her at the restaurant. I remember the first time I saw her I knew the woman was the killer, I didn't know it was the two of them.
The ending was intense! With Lisbon shooting the killers and then the funeral scene. Great acting by Robin and I loved when Jane put her hand on Lisbon's shoulder, specially because it was only the second episode and they weren't that close yet.

Quote:
I wonder what would've happened if she had taken him up on his offer to give her a ride.
That's something to think about! It's ironic that Jane laughed about that, thinking the Sheriff was harmless. And Lisbon doubted/suspected him for a moment, she was kinda right

Quote:
Yeah. I'm thinking maybe once Red John started killing again that fired Jane up and he started acting differently.
That wasn't until episode 11 of season 1, though.

Good episode overall. The early episodes of shows are almost always really good. Fresh.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
That wasn't until episode 11 of season 1, though.
Yes, but in the pilot at first they thought it was a Red John murder, so it was fresh in Jane's mind.

And yeah, I like how Lisbon was suspicious of him at first and Jane wasn't.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

just paying attention
beforethestorybegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just love this episode because RIGSBY ALMOST SHOT RED JOHN AND THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG you're right! RJ would have disappeared and maybe they would've never stopped looking.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting. As much as I've watched and rewatched this series, I've never really looked at the pre-season six episodes with an eye towards noticing where McAllister/RJ figures in the story. I did know, of course, that 1.02 is where McAllister makes his first appearance, but beyond that, I didn't pay much attention to him.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Rigsby ever thought back on that day once they knew who he was.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I wonder if Rigsby ever thought back on that day once they knew who he was.
Well, Rigsby was always pretty good at kicking himself. So if he ever did figure out, he'd know what to do.

~Heidi
Old 03-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Well, Rigsby was always pretty good at kicking himself. So if he ever did figure out, he'd know what to do.
"One day we'll be able to laugh about it."

Cho: "I don't think so."

Old 03-31-2015, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cho definitely teases him about that. "Remember when you almost shot Red John?"
Old 06-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for the rewatch.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

On rewatch, I'm intrigued by the look of compassion across McAllister's face when Lisbon breaks the news to the victim's parents.

It would have to be fake from a serial killer but I see no need at that moment for him to fake that look.

My guess is the creative team hadn't decided on who Red John would be at that time. Well maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Red Red Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

To me it was suspicious that he was following van pelt perhaps to kill her and leave lisbon as the main desert
Old 06-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

McAllister was introduced so early that it's not surprising if the writers didn't really have a plan for him that early. Although it's unlikely we'll ever know for sure - that's the sort of thing they really don't like to give away. It's possible that when it came time to pick a group of possible Red John suspects, they went with the actors who had been on already and were available.

Just the same, he was an interesting character from the beginning. He seemed a bit perturbed by Lisbon's assertion that the CBI doesn't assist local law enforcement - they pretty much take over the case. But he didn't really say anything against it. Looking back on this episode, I wonder if he called in the CBI just to get a chance to work with Jane, and learn more about him, and the team that worked with him.

TBH, this has never been one of my favorite episodes, and may have been part of the reason I gave up on TM when it first started airing. I can't really describe why I don't care for it - other than there's a really odd noise on throughout the first several minutes. I've never been able to figure out if that is a sound effect in the episode or some defect in the DVD. It bugs me no end.

~Heidi
Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

He's certainly interesting, but also shady (with hindsight perhaps). Actually, it's hard to find a sheriff in the series who is depicted in a positive way -- many of them are either bozos or down right criminals, as with the other law enforcement officers. Maybe it's a way to contrast with the individual brilliance of Jane or the virtue of Lisbon and her team.
Red Red Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread