Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still so pissed that they killed Vega and that her death was kind of a plot device, because ugh she was amazing and it's not fair.

However, perfect series finale was perfect. Loved every minute of it. Sad that it was the series finale though

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
I'm still so pissed that they killed Vega and that her death was kind of a plot device, because ugh she was amazing and it's not fair.

However, perfect series finale was perfect. Loved every minute of it. Sad that it was the series finale though
They could have had Jane and Lisbon's story end the exact same way. So I am in addition to upset about Vega, very, very angry about it. I don't even think it was a plot device - to me it seemed like mere shock value.

BUT, considering it did happen, they had the best possible finale in my opinion. It, and the season, would have been much better for me had Vega lived, (I could even have handled her being shot, all they had to do was let her live) but looking at the finale as "all this has happened, what's the best possible outcome considering" they absolutely nailed that.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
They could have had Jane and Lisbon's story end the exact same way. So I am in addition to upset about Vega, very, very angry about it. I don't even think it was a plot device - to me it seemed like mere shock value.

BUT, considering it did happen, they had the best possible finale in my opinion. It, and the season, would have been much better for me had Vega lived, (I could even have handled her being shot, all they had to do was let her live) but looking at the finale as "all this has happened, what's the best possible outcome considering" they absolutely nailed that.
I really wonder if the producers have a clue how significantly their show has been tainted - at least for some portion of the fandom - by Vega's death.

I realize that for many fans, the finale completely eclipses Vega's death and - for want of a better way to put it - they are willing to let Vega's death slide, or it just didn't affect them that much to begin with. Those fans are completely besotted with the finale.

But for those fans who cannot simply "Let It Go" (sorry about that), the finale could easily have gone down in the books as possibly the most amazingly awesome finale in the history of television EXCEPT that we cannot forget that Vega died needlessly to serve whatever ends the producers had in mind.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

a black widow, dangling by herself on a single thr
beforethestorybegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I watched the 3 last episodes on a row...There were perfect...imo the best of season 7.

I liked the story of Lazarus, I wish we had some more episodes so to have been developed better because I think they ended that story in rush... anyway

The series finale now....I think it was the best! Partick and Teresa were happier than ever, the team was happy, too... Their wedding was like a fairytale...They're both so beautiful...I loved their smiles at the end
Cho stole the show for sure... I'm gonna miss him...Wyllie seemed that has a brilliant future as a member of Cho's team...
Rigsby and Van Pelt were back for a while...I missed them a lot...especially the relationship of him with Cho

I'm sad that the series is over... I remember myself starting watching it some years ago and I can't believe it's over....

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Amazing series finale, I just watched the last 4 episodes in a row and can't believe it's over.

I didn't expect Lisbon's pregnancy, part of me is a little sad we won't get to see her experience that, but I do think it was the perfect ending Jane's reaction was amazing.

I loved seeing Rigsby and Van Pelt, I didn't expect them to return so it was a nice surprise.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:21 AM
New Fan

I know it would be cheesy and has been done before, but if there was a Cho type spin-off they could have had Vega in a deep under cover operation where they needed her FBI agent status dead and bring her back for the spin-off.

I really like those pics below me and forgot about Cho doing the Gibbs's back of the head slap to Wylie. That was great.
Bloodmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodmoon (View Post)
I know it would be cheesy and has been done before, but if there was a Cho type spin-off they could have had Vega in a deep under cover operation where they needed her FBI agent status dead and bring her back for the spin-off.

I really like those pics below me and forgot about Cho doing the Gibbs's back of the head slap to Wylie. That was great.
Apparently Federal Law Enforcement agencies are exempt from workplace harassment rules. Don't get me wrong - the head slap thing is funny - in a very Three Stooges, leave your social consciousness at the door sort of way. And it's even more funny when Cho does it in what is so obviously a shout-out to another show on the same network. But I've always wondered how Gibbs could get away with that. To say nothing of the constant Abby-kissing he does.

The Vega idea for the spin-off is awesome. Of course, I could agree to darn near anything - including magic, time travel and cloning - if it would bring Vega back.

~Heidi
Old 02-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I really wonder if the producers have a clue how significantly their show has been tainted - at least for some portion of the fandom - by Vega's death.

I realize that for many fans, the finale completely eclipses Vega's death and - for want of a better way to put it - they are willing to let Vega's death slide, or it just didn't affect them that much to begin with. Those fans are completely besotted with the finale.

But for those fans who cannot simply "Let It Go" (sorry about that), the finale could easily have gone down in the books as possibly the most amazingly awesome finale in the history of television EXCEPT that we cannot forget that Vega died needlessly to serve whatever ends the producers had in mind.
I don't know...I do know, and am glad, that Josie (and Joe too really) know how much we loved Vega and Wylie/Vega and how upset we were by what happened I will only say "what happened" and not "her death" because my fic is my canon so SHE'S ALIVE DAMMIT, but even many who are 'besotted with the finale' are still pretty upset about Vega - not necessarily in a 'letting it slide' way, but in a 'everything about the finale was perfect considering the fact that Vega couldn't be there.' I mean I adored the finale for what it was...but what it was was a finale without Vega and therefore the show really is tainted for me.

I mean...this season that led up to a happy ending for Jane and Lisbon also gave us a heartbroken Wylie and a Cho who lost his rookie agent on his first case acting as boss. That is going to be with both of them for the rest of their lives.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

cant believe its over

OT but i was just watching interviews of the Slap cast & Uma mentioned that she liked tM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beg3Rbf2Sz0#t=106
Old 03-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

A Carnie and a Cop
beforethestorybegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

When the couple at the beginning Bill and Susan Herman were talking about the guy in the car watching the house, I figured first that the guy would jump out and kill Bill, then it looked liked the driver was maybe killed by Lazarus. Then we see he is just a drunk, I figured Susan would be gone. So the fingernails and blood would bring Keller Sr's spirit back to JR? And the killings made Lazarus feel better.

Patrick becomes a psychic again on Tork's idea/Wylie's urging. Lisbon ofcourse was dead against it. Especially after what happened to Gabriel. Ofcourse poor Agent Rick Tork comes to help and be the victim in Jane's kidnapping by Lazarus/Joseph Keller. Luckily he wasn't killed. I figured with him there he would be killed instead of Cho or Abbott. Then when Lazarus is talking to Jane at the Radio Station, and Tork replaces Teresa as Patrick's guard, I said "Oh oh, bye bye Rick!"

Patrick did a good job figuring out Lazarus's life. So he wanted to contact his serial killer father, Big Joe. With him gone from the room Patrick figures out much more. But with Lazarus upstairs it seemed that Patrick made enough noise, I thought he would be back much sooner. I don't figure how Lazarus made it out alive when they hot gum broke the bulb and Kaboom the gas blew. You say how worried Lisbon was when she came to the house alone(No backup?), and she was so worried Jane had died. That must be how he felt sometimes. "Don't you ever do that to me again, ever!" Lisbon told him.

I had figured either the store clerk, or the county clerks office would have alerted local Police.
I liked Wylie's idea to check the occult shop. Saying Patrick would even after Cho and Abbott thought it was a waste of time. Then Cho was nice enough to go and follow Wylie's hunch. Then Kelis Weir helped them with Alan Saltonstall's name. "Blackmoor site, Ebay of the weird!," stated Wylie. Then Lisbon jumped on Saltonstall's case and got 8 names out of him. I'm not sure how the team got from a list of 8 to finding Joe Keller? Maybe the same way Garcia does on Criminal Minds.

I liked the Gibbs head slap that Cho gave to Wylie when he had applied for a transfer, and didn't think he could handle the field. But it would be a good team start with Cho, Wylie, and Tork. Maybe bring back Kim Fischer? She won't have to compete in our minds with Lisbon for Jane's heart.

Cho helping Lisbon dress shop was classic. Talking snow cones and ****ty elves dresses. That was so funny. Who knew Cho was so talented. Also his big smile and Lisbon calling him Kimball was great.

I thought Patrick taking off the ring and wanting it to be "their" ring was kinda nice. Patrick catching the Jewelry shop owner in a con was classic Jane also. Hope he didn't give Lisbon the phony ring, lol "I want you to be my wife, will you marry me!" Jane said, and Lisbon answered, "Yes, Yes!"

I wondered about Abbott not wanting to tell Jane and Lisbon about Keller. But he finally did ,and then I worried they would have to stop Keller at the cabin alone. But it was cool, all the guns pointed at him, even Lisbon in her dress. Then Patrick gives her gun away quick. Then his "Sorry" as they leave the room, funny. Now if the series was not ending there I could see him escaping and having one more show down. I didn't like he killed Dan Glover and was worried he would kill Judge Emily Hamilton. I wondered why he did not, but I guess he was in her trunk so she probably didn't even see him.

Patrick and Lisbon were so cute together in their wedding attire. The ceremony itself was funny, where it went from 1 or 2 to 20 slowly on the invite list. Teresa stressed when the Lisbon clan rolled in. And gf Lucy, bang bang. Was great to see Wayne and Grace Van Pelt - Rigsby there. Their dancing as Mr. and Mrs. Jane watched from the other side of the pond was so cool. And Lisbon being with child was perfect. I did miss as mentioned here before, Vega dancing with Wylie, but also Virgil Minelli, Madeline Hightower and even Kim Fischer. CBI Ron and CBI Karl made the invite list. Wasn't one of them killed by Red John? Oh and I half expected to see a red smiley face on the cabin or camper as we faded out.

Last edited by webruce; 03-13-2015 at 08:35 PM Reason: name fix
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pfffffffft those gifs.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Pfffffffft those gifs.
One of the great scenes from the finale. Besides the whole ending part. And the wedding dress shopping. And the proposal. And...

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread