Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
If he's going to prevent her from doing her job, to the point where she never knows if he's letting her be helpful or manipulating her into going after false leads, then that's absolutely reducing both her ability to work and her independence, because he is making those decisions for her, when they are not his to make.
I guess what I mean is that Jane doesn't view Lisbon as being dependent on him/a damsel in distress; I think he knows she is capable, but that he's also rocked by the idea of, "What if there was something I could have done to protect her, but didn't?". I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing, but that's just why it doesn't really anger me because I guess I can empathize with where Jane is coming from. And with Lisbon, too, I totally understand her frustration over this. This is definitely a sort of adult couple hurdle of learning to make decisions together; they haven't reached that point yet, but that's where they need to get to.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I guess what I mean is that Jane doesn't view Lisbon as being dependent on him/a damsel in distress; I think he knows she is capable, but that he's also rocked by the idea of, "What if there was something I could have done to protect her, but didn't?". I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing, but that's just why it doesn't really anger me because I guess I can empathize with where Jane is coming from. And with Lisbon, too, I totally understand her frustration over this. This is definitely a sort of adult couple hurdle of learning to make decisions together; they haven't reached that point yet, but that's where they need to get to.
But it's not as if she asked for help and he didn't come through. He knows how much she cares about her job, and so he isn't acting on her own wishes, which is why it comes across as selfish to me. I know that if I was on the job and never knew if I was actually doing the job or doing something completely useless, I would feel powerless or manipulated, and I'd absolutely hate that. I would feel like the control over my own life would be taken away from me. And if someone I trusted did that, I'd not only feel betrayed, but my trust would be shaken in them, knowing they were manipulating my life without my consent. Jane is supposed to be better than that by now.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The worst part for me is the other agents and the witness being at higher risk for that.

I agree with Jane not thinking of her as a damsel in distress, plus it didn't look to me like he planned it, but he panicked in the moment. It was still very wrong of him to do that, but given Jane's history, I understand where he's coming from. I'd be furious if I was Lisbon, but I don't blame Jane that much, and he knew it was wrong. But he also said he'd do it again, and that's what's more wrong for me. He got scared and did it; if he had learned from it and was never going to do it again, it wouldn't have been that bad.

It did bother me that he never did that before they were together, he worried but not so much. But I think the writers are just trying to show a difference in their relationship now that they are together.

Jane has grown, but I don't think enough to stop manipulating all together just yet.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
The worst part for me is the other agents and the witness being at higher risk for that.

I agree with Jane not thinking of her as a damsel in distress, plus it didn't look to me like he planned it, but he panicked in the moment. It was still very wrong of him to do that, but given Jane's history, I understand where he's coming from. I'd be furious if I was Lisbon, but I don't blame Jane that much, and he knew it was wrong. But he also said he'd do it again, and that's what's more wrong for me. He got scared and did it; if he had learned from it and was never going to do it again, it wouldn't have been that bad.

It did bother me that he never did that before they were together, he worried but not so much. But I think the writers are just trying to show a difference in their relationship now that they are together.

Jane has grown, but I don't think enough to stop manipulating all together just yet.
Yeah, it bothered me a lot more that he said he would do it again. Tumblr is all "YAY HONESTY" but it's not that he's honest that bothers me, of course not, but that he is so sure he'd do it again that he flat out admits it. That's what would bother me most as Lisbon too - what is the point of having the job if she knows she'll not be able to do it? She shouldn't quit because she feels she's spinning her wheels.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

one of the better episodes this season. i liked the video game vega/wylie thing. that was amusing and their singing... ahhhh my ears, lol but it still made me laugh.

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Melissa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And Robin can sing a little, so I think she was pretty bad on purpose
Old 01-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And Robin can sing a little, so I think she was pretty bad on purpose
Plus, I mean, you've just woken up and you're laying down, you aren't going to be singing at your best.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One other thing I loved were Jane's pyjamas
Old 01-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
One other thing I loved were Jane's pyjamas
I did, too! Very classy, and yet quite sexy at the same time. I wonder if they're silk?

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Started right off with a Realtor getting shot by a pseudo perspective renter of a room. it over looks the court house and he cuts a hole in the glass and shoots 2 FBI Agents and witness Edward Hu, who saw Kelvin Bittaker beat student Jamie Owens to death. I had wished in that alley that Lily Stoppard would have floored her car. Especially after Kelvin slapped the hood. Him bouncing Owen off the dumpster 2 times was so bad.

Wylie and Vegas video game challenge was so cute.

Enjoyed seeing Patrick and Teresa at night talking in bed. Also enjoyed the Foosball game at the bar. And Lisbon putting the hurting on Jane. Very competitive she is.

I though Mary Kay Place as Mrs. Belinda Bittaker (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, My So Called Life)had the right amount of sas and B****! Her little back and forth with Abbott when he and Cho come to arrest sickly parole violator Ethan. I like when Abbott gave it back to her about her son's health. It was harsh, but her family had 3 killed to cover up a beating to death her son Kelvin gave Owens, for no reason. But at end Belinda was still playing her game and Cho pointed out the evidence. I had thought that maybe Jane or Wylie would get through to Caleb. Either by video game(Wylie), or talk(Jane). But Wylie did really figure out that they passed info. along on the video game chats, with Jane's help.

I worried when they had Lydon(Cousin Billy) surrounded at Peg Bailey's house that someone might get shot. Did figure it would be Agent Ken Spackman. Lucky he was only wounded.

Michael Stoppard worrying about his wife did ring true to Jane's worries. I said when they were interviewing the Stoppards infront of that window, telling them they will protect them, I said move away from the window! Would be an easy shot for a sniper. Lucky Lydon hadn't been tracking them yet I guess.
I actually worried when Lisbon followed alone the EMT down the hall. Then we find out it is not Lydon. She was not to happy with Patrick for sending her on wild goose chase. Lucky on the Agent that "Wounded" EMT Lydon only knocked out. I did like the swap of Vega for Lily Stoppard. Was surprised that it surprised Lydon. But it gave Cho enough time to take him out. I worried he would shoot anyway. Lisbon let Jane have it later. Lisbon told him she has to do her job. "How do we work together?" Jane replying, " We work it out!"

Last edited by webruce; 02-19-2015 at 10:24 PM Reason: Spelling.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Loved the date night
Old 06-13-2015, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this episode probably had the most intimate look into the Jane/Lisbon relationship of the entire season - we saw them having fun together, we saw them having a private talk and we saw them having differences and the beginning of what could be a make it or break it issue.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I loved the jane lisbon scenes