Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

7.04: "Black Market"

7.04 "Black Market"

Air Date: December 18th/21st

Episode Description:
Lisbon heads to prison on an undercover assignment, where she tries to bond with an inmate so she can persuade her to betray her criminal boyfriend, the powerful head of a car-theft ring.

Promo:

Old 12-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Mentalist Thursday! Thursdays...just like old times.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait to watch it

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watched it tonight and I LOVED IT. My favorite part was all of it.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

It was fantastic! Lisbon shined all the way through, and Jane had great humour in the background.

And I ship Lena and Abbott. They made me cry.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lisbon as fake psychic gives me life.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just 4 more hours before I finally get to see this one. Dang football is going over again, so it doesn't start until 9:30.

Can't wait - the hints have been really tantalizing!

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Just 4 more hours before I finally get to see this one. Dang football is going over again, so it doesn't start until 9:30.

Can't wait - the hints have been really tantalizing!
My Dad just asked me if we could watch it on my computer because my sister "might" want to watch the late football game. 1. she's asleep, 2. he doesn't care about the late game 3. I am in the middle of something right now 4. there's not really a 4 but I'm annoyed.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was really entertaining. The case was old school fun and I liked it. I didn't like Lisbon being so insecure though, I think a little is fine but I think it was overdone. She pulled through though! Lisbon faking being a psychic was one of the most hilarious moments in the entire series

I like the conversation at the end though it seemed a bit weird in this episode where Jane seemed a bit upset about not working the case.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see her being that awkward and tense in that situation - only because of WHAT specifically she was doing. She was doing something that she'd always been a bit in wonderment of - Jane managing to capture entire audiences in a grand, charismatic lie. And now she's the performance - and the guy who has always been able to do it so well is listening. I think it makes perfect sense that she was that on edge.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I can see her being that awkward and tense in that situation - only because of WHAT specifically she was doing. She was doing something that she'd always been a bit in wonderment of - Jane managing to capture entire audiences in a grand, charismatic lie. And now she's the performance - and the guy who has always been able to do it so well is listening. I think it makes perfect sense that she was that on edge.
It makes perfect sense to me that Lisbon would be nervous and awkward about this. She has a lot of confidence, yes - but I don't think that confidence extends to public speaking. Add to that general unease the fact that she's trying to basically pull off a huge con - and she's not a good liar - PLUS she's putting on this performance in front of possibly the greatest master of that type of performance, and yeah, it's not surprising at all.

I enjoyed the episode a lot. I loved the Vega/Cho story and how that is being continued and fleshed out. I'm curious about what Cho's little smile after he invited Vega to join him at the firing range is all about. Is he starting to warm to her? And I mean in a professional/mentor sense. Does he actually have a bit of real understanding for the pitfalls of being a newbie? I hope they continue to follow that story.

I also liked the story about the Abbotts - but I really wonder how that's going to pan out. Will Mrs. Abbott take the job and move to DC alone? Or will she insist on putting her cards - including her husband's cards - on the table and allow the chips to fall where they may.

I liked the case, too - but the tease right at the beginning was a bit too obvious. Did anyone watching that for one second actually think Jane and Lisbon were out buying a ring at this early stage? Even if the camera had panned out to show Jane standing there, I would still have assumed they were undercover on a case. But I always love cases that immerse the team in glitz and glamour. It just seems to fit.

The Jane/Lisbon moments were nice, and made some things clear without coming out and saying them.
  • They aren't fully living together yet - Jane still has the Airstream and Lisbon suggested "Why don't you go to my place" Plus, she got up to go home at the end.
  • The above is yet more evidence that they are very consciously taking things slow
  • They are comfortable enough with each other to just relax together on his bed.
  • They are close enough that she wants to take care of him when he's sick. Something tells me she doesn't need a Booboos and Ouchies clause Although it's entirely possible that she might have provided some TLC even back when they were "just friends"
I am very curious where they will go with the subject of that final conversation. I wonder if Lisbon has ever really thought of a life outside of law-enforcement. I can certainly understand why Jane wants to discuss the idea of leaving the FBI. It's certainly not a passion for him, and I suspect he's getting bored with it. Plus, he only entered into it to serve his own ends - first to find Red John, and then as a way to buy his way back into the US without having to face the consequences of killing Red John. Also, I'm sure Jane is the one in this relationship who is constantly worried about the danger. He's seen first-hand just how quickly things can go wrong, and I'm sure it preys on his mind. He's lost one love of his life - he might not survive it a second time and I think he knows that.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot to say I enjoyed the Abbotts as well! They had such good chemistry, specially considering that it was only her first episode!

Quote:
It makes sense because it was a weird assignment for her, yes, but it's just that it bothers me that they've been showing her insecure a lot on the past few seasons. IDK it's just something that bothers me though I know it's good they're showing her more vulnerable.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I forgot to say I enjoyed the Abbotts as well! They had such good chemistry, specially considering that it was only her first episode!
I think they're setting us up for Jane to help Abbott with his issue. And maybe, just maybe, Abbott will have to amend the contract binding Jane to the FBI in order to get Jane's help.
emmphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmphx (View Post)
I think they're setting us up for Jane to help Abbott with his issue. And maybe, just maybe, Abbott will have to amend the contract binding Jane to the FBI in order to get Jane's help.
good point, I hadn't thought about that! yeah, I hope they don't forget Jane owes him that list.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmphx (View Post)
That's a good idea...I was wondering when Jane was talking about leaving, "you're bound to Abbott, dude..." but that could work.

Reply   Post New Thread