Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2015, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rewatched this episode so many times. Although there were parts that were really difficult, like when Jane is outside Lisbon's door. But so many parts were really sweet.

Although I'm still a bit ticked that Jane felt such a need to manipulate Lisbon. I get that's his character, but at some point he really needs to understand that just because his old profession made him a master manipulator, it doesn't mean he should use those skills on the people he loves. I really wonder if he treated his first wife that way? Somehow I doubt it. And I also realize he's damaged, he's been through a lot. But I guess it wouldn't have been nearly as dramatic without the part where Lisbon throws the drink in his face and rushes to leave the island so that Jane can chase after her and finally reveal his feelings.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but I'm glad for the seventh season because of his growth
Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I rewatched this episode so many times. Although there were parts that were really difficult, like when Jane is outside Lisbon's door. But so many parts were really sweet.

Although I'm still a bit ticked that Jane felt such a need to manipulate Lisbon. I get that's his character, but at some point he really needs to understand that just because his old profession made him a master manipulator, it doesn't mean he should use those skills on the people he loves. I really wonder if he treated his first wife that way? Somehow I doubt it. And I also realize he's damaged, he's been through a lot. But I guess it wouldn't have been nearly as dramatic without the part where Lisbon throws the drink in his face and rushes to leave the island so that Jane can chase after her and finally reveal his feelings.
Sometimes you don't bounce back until you've hit rock bottom, maybe the way his trick ran wrong in Miami was a wake up call that it's time to come clean to himself and stop conning his own self.

By the way, it seems to me that it was suggested that Cho up to that point had no idea what was going on between Jane and Lisbon, I mean how is that possible?
Red Red Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Red Wine (View Post)
Sometimes you don't bounce back until you've hit rock bottom, maybe the way his trick ran wrong in Miami was a wake up call that it's time to come clean to himself and stop conning his own self.

By the way, it seems to me that it was suggested that Cho up to that point had no idea what was going on between Jane and Lisbon, I mean how is that possible?
It wasn't just suggested - he pretty much told Abbott that he didn't see. It does seem a bit incongruous. You can't say that Cho is just oblivious to such things because he was very aware - sometimes painfully aware - of the feelings between Van Pelt and Rigsby.

I think the difference may be that Cho really didn't want to see it. He may not have wanted to hear the gory details from Rigsby about his relationship with Van Pelt, but he basically supported them. He's always had ambivalent feelings about Jane - he grudgingly admires his skills, but can't completely get past his methods and his tendency to play fast and loose with the rules. Cho cares a great deal about Lisbon and he'd naturally not want her to be involved with someone like that - to say nothing about Jane's mental health history, the fact that Jane is a murderer, etc., etc. But Cho also has very strict rules himself about staying out of his co-workers personal business. So he feels he can't say anything to Lisbon or Jane. As a result, he simply chooses not to see, so that he doesn't have to say anything.

~Heidi
Old 08-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

I think it was suggested that he was supposed to be the voice of the anti shippers
Old 08-30-2015, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithUrbanfan (View Post)
I think it was suggested that he was supposed to be the voice of the anti shippers
In that case, the Abbott/Cho dinner scene was a bit like the shippers having dinner with the anti-shippers, considering Abbott was definitely and Jane/Lisbon shipper.

~Heidi
Old 09-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Yeah
Old 09-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
In that case, the Abbott/Cho dinner scene was a bit like the shippers having dinner with the anti-shippers, considering Abbott was definitely and Jane/Lisbon shipper.
I don't know why they thought they could hide their relationship from Abbott. He knew from the moment he met them something was going on. That's why he teased them calling the other their boyfriend/girlfriend to see how they would react.
Becca456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but then again they were so good at hiding it from themselves they thought they could hide it
Old 09-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they were ever worried about hiding anything from Abbott or anyone else. Since they were pretty much denying that anything existed - what would they be hiding?

~Heidi
Old 09-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but then again there are people people that ship c h o and jane so maybe they were winking at them saying he was upset his boyfriend was being stolen from him lol
Old 09-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithUrbanfan (View Post)
Yeah but then again there are people people that ship c h o and jane so maybe they were winking at them saying he was upset his boyfriend was being stolen from him lol
I suppose that's possible, but I think really it was just done because Cho was the only one of the group that has been there since season one - which makes it that much funnier that he just would not see it.

~Heidi
Old 09-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Cho knew they were together in NBBS. I always figured that's why he asked Lisbon if she's going to dc and marrying pike. He was getting confirmation lol

When J/L told Cho/Abbott/Wylie they were getting married in White Orchids none of them seemed surprised which makes me believe they told everyone somewhere along the way ...or Abbott did.
Becca456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

They all acted happy
Old 05-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

6.22: "Blue Bird" (Season Finale)

It's been 4 years hard to believe

Last edited by FoxPhile; 07-08-2018 at 09:24 AM Reason: Fix Title
KeithUrbanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread