Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bloodlines Book Discussion #1: New story. Some old. Some new characters. New setting.

Blood doesn't lie...

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning..
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt

I felt bad for most of the main characters through out this book. It was kind of rough on all of them.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a bit. A typical Richelle book She likes to torchure her characters.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really loved how she went this way learn more about the human side of Richelle's world
Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. It was predictable and maybe not as exciting as VA or as action packed, but it was interesting, a different side to the VA world.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought I could bump this thread again since I'm halfway through the book already and I'd love to discuss it...

First of all, I'm shocked that Jill and Adrian have the bond WTH?! Poor Jill somehow... It was one thing for Rose and Lissa but these two? The age difference is a lot bigger and he's a guy, she's a girl... Besides, we know how Adrian is and I somehow feel sorry for the both of them. She needs to go through all of that stuff and he has to hold himself back. What kind of life is that for the both of them?!

And the most shocking, Jill has been killed! I so love her character, I really did from the first moment one she appeared in the books.

Adrian still being depressed about Rose... Wow, I didn't assume that it would be that hard for him. Poor Adrian.

The story being told out of Sydney's POV? It's something I need to get used to since I'm a lot more like Rose and a lot less like Sydney myself. But I really like her and I feel sorry for how she was raised as well.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I was shocked when it was said that Jill and Adrian have the bond. I don't even know what the point of it is, I suppose to bring him into the group. To have some connection to make him stay.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

And to make her situation more serious maybe? She was killed once, so it's really serious this time. She couldn't be brought back again by spirit magic...

Somehow I should have seen it earlier but I swear I didn't imagine something like that at ally

Wow, Sydney's dad just called and told her that her sister Zoe would get her job in two weeks They can't do that!

Besides, I want Sydney and Jill to finally bond somehow... They aren't even nearly close.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, Sydney and Jill didn't really bond much in the first book.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's kind if depressing that Sydney is so afraid of vampires... She knows Jill and she can't even hug her when she's proud or happy for her? Makes me sad.

And wow, the Lee guy... Don't tell me it's the one that Robert turned back into a Moroi?! before Dimitri and Sonya there was only one other we know off and that's the one Robert brought back!

I definitely have to continue right away! And now Lee wants to give Sydney and Adrian to the Strigoi and them to turn him back into one of them?! At least that's my guess.

Off to continue reading
Old 05-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think whomever Robert turned back into Moroi, that was years ago, so no, don't think that's Lee.

Uh, not exactly. Keep reading.

I think it's understandable about Sydney's hesitance toward vampires. Sure, she has a wierd kind of friendship with Rose, but I suppose she doesn't really trust Moroi. At least with Rose, she is half vampire, as she is also part human.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

So there are others out there that turned Strigoi back into whatever they have been before That's something new... I guess I've just to read some more

I understand why should would be hestitant at first... But it's a bit too much for me tbh. They are all super nice and she even lives in a room with her and still. The whole book is all about her hesitance and I somehow don't see any progression. It's so sad...

40 more pages for me

ETA - Me again... Lee was turned back into a Moroi five years ago. So I guess it's really possible that it was Robert...

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 05-23-2014 at 11:40 AM
Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't even remember when it was said that Robert had changed someone back. Whether it was 5 or even 20 years ago

I actually forgot Lee was a returned strigoi/moroi.

Yeah. You would think Sydney would be used to Jill by now, but I guess just give it time.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure it was ever mentioned when Robert had turned his first Strigoi... Maybe I'll have a look today to find out.

You forgot about it? Okay, I guess then it's not too important for the storyline... I thought it was since Sonya and Dimitri came to Palm Sorings just because to find out more about Strigoi that have bewn saved.

I'm done with the book now and already started the second one in the series I have to look for the thread later on

But at least Sydney seems to get a bit more comfortable around Adrian. I really like that.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's just been a while since I read this book so that's why I don't remember some stuff

Did you enjoy the book?