Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think so, I'm starting with mine today

i love you. ♡
Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, so cool you're re-reading! I love that! Lets get the discussion and re-living start! Although I'm not sure I could re-read all of the book again.

Yes, it was a few weeks I assumed as well... But definitely not more than three. Wasn't it mentioned later on again?

About the ring btw, I'm not sure. I would have to re-read some stuff.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I think she mentions it had been two weeks. I think when she and Sydney get to Siberia it might have been close to three weeks.

This is where you get a taste of Sydney's love of Cars.. and the beginning of their friendship.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sydney and Rose. I adore their friendship, and their interaction in BP. I also love the introduction of Sydney

i love you. ♡
Old 07-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly Two weeks it was! Now I recall as well.

And yes, we got to know Sydney although I haven't been such a fan of hers at the beginning. She was so strange, so afraid. But in that hard time she nevertheless was kind of a friend of Rose. Rose considered her to be one at least. Maybe because Lissa had abandoned her.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Rose considered it as Lissa abandoning her, but I like that she found something different in Sydney that she liked. They bonded as they journey'd together. Sydney was someone Rose never saw before.. a human who knew about the Moroi world and all that alchemists did, so I think Rose was kind of intrigued by that, even if Sydney saw her as a demon of the night.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know what you mean. But somehow Lissa did that to Rose and although she didn't see it that way, Lissa wasn't there for her... Maybe in the most needed time in her life, she was on her own and her BFF left her alone. I know, Rose left but you know what I mean

And at some point, Sydney started to change already. It was a small change but there was one already.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's a big change for both of them, and just because they are away from one another doesn't mean they don't miss each other.

So, Rose said it had been a month since the Dimitri was turned in SK when she was with his family.

There is a small change in Sydney when she left that letter for Rose and admitted that she liked her, but still thought of her as a evil creature of the night.

I loved Rose and Abe's first meeting and him trying to make her think he was there by some orders of others to take her back. I wonder what he was thinking at that point.. that how similiar she is?

Also, I love Dimitri's grandmother, Yeva, she seems to know that Rose was coming and what she was here for. I wonder if she knew what the outcome would be... how it would all turn out.
And not to mention Rose meeting that bonded couple, Mark and Oskana, who has given Rose that ring with spirit in it. This is the ring she gives to Dimitri we know.

So of the abilities with spirit, we know that mind reading it another of them.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished my re-read, and man.. this book.. you can't get better than that. It has everything. I even felt for Lissa more than I did the first time around. She was manipulated by Avery, so her actions were not completely her fault.. but I guess like Christian said, the hurt is still there.

I hated the way things were left between Rose and Viktoria, but I believe in the RD short story, things get cleared up.
I really loved Dimitri's whole family. They became Rose's family, but I also adored how at the end she recognized she would never have another mother like her own and she and Janine seemed to be much closer when she returned from Russia.

For the life of me, on this re-read I only realized that Avery, Simon and Reed ended up crazy. I thought they died Yeah, shows what I had remembered from the first time I read this.. But it makes sense that the spirit messed with all their minds, and goes to show you can't be bonded to more than one person because it'll do damage like it did here.

Loved the introduction of Sydney and her whole Alchemist thing. Not to mention Abe, and how we were hinted that he had something over her, which we know what it is, but this is why she did what he asked.
I loved Abe. Who wouldn't? And loved that Janine said that nobody forces or gets him to do anything, he is his own man and does things because he wants to.

The DR stuff was just heartbreaking. I think it would be such a hard position to be in, the one Rose was in. You can say one thing, but until you're in something like that, you can never know how you'd react or what you'd do.
I think we're all happy that stake didn't kill him, given the new information they had at the end of the book about Victor's brother might be the key in saving him.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I may call this one my favourite so much happened, Rose deciding to leave Lissa to go after Dimitri. Dimitri's family and than being kidnapped by Dimitri. Dimitri wanting her to come to the darkside to be with him. Damn this book was CRAZY
Old 07-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's one of my favourites for sure. So much happened. I think being outside the academy works wonders as it opened up for so many possibilities, and we were introduced to new characters like Dimitri's family, Abe, and that whole reveal, and Sydney and her world.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Being outside of the academy really did open the world up, nothing wrong with the academy but majority of the most interesting things to happen in VA were outside of the academy yea Dimitri's family were just and Abe is awesome
Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's true. As much as I do love the academy, it kinda restricts on what kind of things could happen.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It truly was so loved seeing the rest of her world that she created
Old 07-16-2014, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, even seeing Russia was full of so much crazy stuff.