Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I couldn't agree more, Sanni. She was not at all the deliciously naughty character that had been established for her previously.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:42 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Girl (View Post)
Give Adalind a better storyline. Her storyline was/is awful (for me) in Season 4.
It was.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I couldn't agree more, Sanni. She was not at all the deliciously naughty character that had been established for her previously.
yeah. This version is no longer this powerful person.
She is so helpless and does really stupid things, acts stupid.
I was expecting that she would become more dangerous/ evil, because she lost her child. That she is trying to seek revenge big time.
icon by
Impossible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

After her powers were restored by the rituals, she could've been the most powerful Hexenbiest on the planet.
The writers should've stayed with that plot imo.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:40 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Girl (View Post)
yeah. This version is no longer this powerful person.
She is so helpless and does really stupid things, acts stupid.
I was expecting that she would become more dangerous/ evil, because she lost her child.
Me too.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

thank god you 2 agree.
icon by
Old 09-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my yes. They've made Adalind far weaker than Juliette ever was.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

they did and I don't understand why
icon by
Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nor do I

Old 09-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I think they never found the right rhythm with Juliette. Looking back, I think she would have been better as someone Nick thought of as a friend or little sister--little sister because a guy can be excused for still thinking of a little sister as someone he needs to protect and treat like a kid long after she's become an adult--like not telling her he's a Grimm.

It also makes Aunt Marie telling him to distance himself from Juliette make more sense. Nick comes from a long line of Grimms who seem to have married normal people. Dumping his girlfriend doesn't make that much sense. Distancing himself from a woman who's like family but has to live in the normal world and have a normal life does make sense.

Last edited by Kelaine; 09-07-2015 at 03:45 PM
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dunno, Kelaine .. Once he knew he was Grimm, Juliette was Nick's main connection to a "normal" world. Just being a friend wouldn't have kept her in the picture as much.

I think they should've let her accept his marriage proposal after she learned about his world. jmo

Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I dunno, Kelaine .. Once he knew he was Grimm, Juliette was Nick's main connection to a "normal" world. Just being a friend wouldn't have kept her in the picture as much.

I think they should've let her accept his marriage proposal after she learned about his world. jmo
That might have been good, too.

I'm thinking that they killed her off because they never quite figured out how to make her work as the person Nick was about to ask to marry him when all this started. They could have changed one of two things, either the relationship--so Nick handled things didn't create some of the difficulties it did--or change the way Nick handled things.

That last one might have worked better. I'm just prejudiced right now because (shameless self-promotion) I'm working on a fanfic where I needed Nick not to be involved with Juliette but I still wanted her in the story.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh!
Maybe she could just be the friendly neighborhood veterinarian who could analyze animal (Wesen) hair or blood for him. Would it be ok if he flirts with her a little?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:19 AM
MST Manager

The writers could have made it work if they really wanted to make it work, especially after Juliette learned about his world and became more involved in it. She could have stayed human, become the wife of a Grimm. There was no need to turn her storyline into what it became. She did not have to become his mortal enemy. He had/has plenty of them.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
The writers could have made it work if they really wanted to make it work, especially after Juliette learned about his world and became more involved in it. She could have stayed human, become the wife of a Grimm. There was no need to turn her storyline into what it became. She did not have to become his mortal enemy. He had/has plenty of them.
I don't like what they did with Juliette. I've heard different theories why they did it. Some make more sense than others, but I still don't get why they chose that route.

Quote:
oh!
Maybe she could just be the friendly neighborhood veterinarian who could analyze animal (Wesen) hair or blood for him. Would it be ok if he flirts with her a little?
This is a sequel to a fanfic I did a couple years ago, tying Nick into Once Upon a Time (that turned into some sequel fanfics). When I wrote it, Nick and Juliette were separated and it wasn't clear if the show was going to reunite them or go a different way. So, I didn't have any trouble tying Nick into a different storyline that always aimed him for a different relationship. I've finally gotten around to tying the pieces together but I didn't want to get rid of of Juliette (cough, cough, looking at you show, cough, cough).

So, I've been working out in my head how Nick and Juliette came to have a brother-sister relationship. My answer is just that Aunt Marie trusted Juliette's parents (she'd saved them from some really scary Wesen or other) and she left Nick with them for extended periods of time (in my version, Aunt Marie had to spend more time on the move hunting Wesen and keeping Nick safe from his parents' enemies).

Of course, unlike the show, I can change over to an AU without millions of people turning on the TV and wondering what happened.
Reply   Post New Thread