Friday, April 08, 2016 ~ 9:00 PM E/P

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 5x16: "The Believer"
~~~

Preview:

Quote:
#5.16, "The Believer" ~ Written by Greenwalt & Kouf, Directed by John Behring
Friday, April 08, 2016 - 9:00 PM E/P ~ THE FAITHFUL ARE TARGETS AS A MINISTER USES HIS UNIQUE ABILITY TO INCREASE HIS FLOCK - WILLIAM MAPOTHER GUEST STARS - An evangelical preacher (guest star William Mapother) has a tent revival unlike any other when he uses his Wesen identity to gain more believers. Nick and Hank are called to the scene as things escalate when a group of "true believers" are hell bent on saving the preacher and his flock by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Capt. Renard takes further steps to gain power in local government. Elsewhere, Eve uses Adalind's ol' hat trick to gain more access to Black Claw.
Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 04-14-2016 at 03:49 PM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Happy Grimm Friday everyone!

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:57 PM
MST Manager

New episode!

Enjoy it tonight, everyone.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

The episode was just okay tonight, nothing too special. Last week's Wesen of the week storyline was better than the one in tonight's episode.

I see Wu is definitely having some side effects from that scratch . I'm ready to see where that goes.

I know I don't like Renard all that much but I kind of felt bad for him in this episode . I think he should have come clean about BC approaching him. I mean no one trusts him, not Nick and the Scooby gang, Adalind, or HW. I hope I'm wrong about his character turning on the group.

I the Nick and Adalind scene. I see that Nick is going to be searching for Diana also as Adalind asked him to. They both admitted that they didn't trust Renard lol. Too bad we didn't get them interacting with baby Kelly again. The babies who play his character are all so adorable . I hope he's in the next episode.

Yay, we got some Scooby gang scenes and I loved them working to solve the case and seeing what the inscription on the cloth meant. Apparently the stick heals and it's dangerous . No wonder those Grimm Knights hid the thing. I can't wait to find out more about it.

~Riverdale~
Old 04-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah the case of the week already put me off due to the subject matter. I haven't watched the episode yet.

I'm not surprised the Stick is dangerous... It was hidden for a reason.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

I want to know more about the stick. Although it's dangerous it did heal Monroe
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Like any kind of power, I suspect the stick is only dangerous in the wrong hands - which is why the Knights tried to make sure that only a Grimm could find it. And it came wrapped in a warning.

I liked the episode overall. Grimm is always good when subtly exposing "the man behind the curtain."

I do keep wondering when a seemingly independent Wesen will turn out to be affiliated with Black Claw. From an "uprising," it appears to have become simply political.

I was disappointed that Rosalee didn't make any attempt to connect with her old BFF, but I suppose that's a reflection of Nick's attitude toward Eve.
Since Eve's apparently the only one still working on the BC threat (where the heck is Meisner??) I hope the grang will give her the assistance she requested.

Oh! And the predicament Eve got into with Rachel was hilarious - excellent acting, Sasha!

Old 04-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Yeah the case of the week already put me off due to the subject matter. I haven't watched the episode yet.

I'm not surprised the Stick is dangerous... It was hidden for a reason.
Yes, those Grimm Knights were right in hiding this healing/deadly stick. I can't wait to learn more about it though. I wonder if Monroe's professor will tell anymore...that was kind of tricky of the gang to let anyone else know what's in their possession. They might could back to bite them.

~Riverdale~
Old 04-11-2016, 11:24 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Since Eve's apparently the only one still working on the BC threat (where the heck is Meisner??) I hope the gang will give her the assistance she requested.

My question exactly.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
Yes, those Grimm Knights were right in hiding this healing/deadly stick. I can't wait to learn more about it though. I wonder if Monroe's professor will tell anymore...that was kind of tricky of the gang to let anyone else know what's in their possession. They might could back to bite them.
I think this is almost guaranteed. they know practically zero about that Stick. For a benign looking piece of wood, the seven knights hid it from the world, and not because it can heal only but because it is something extreme powerful and in the wrong hands it may wreck havoc . The royal family knew about it and were hunting it for centuries. This is not good.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

I honestly need to watch this episode again. I made the mistake of watching this and the Sleepy Hollow season/series? finale together, with SH first (and didn't drink in between shows ). I was somewhat distracted through Grimm because of it.

I only half-heartedly paid attention to the Wesen of the Week plot, but I caught enough to get what was going on.

The development with the stick didn't surprise me - even setting aside the fact that it's obviously dangerous in the wrong hands, I figured there could possibly end up being a price for using it.

Sasha's acting was on display in this episode- he was amazing as Eve trying (and failing) to be Renard. His acting made an otherwise intolerable scene for me.

I'm very tired of the hat and the body switching and how it's used for sex (or almost sex - and the way the writers ignore issues of consent). It was gross enough to me the first time with Adalind becoming Juliette.

Nice to see hints of what's to come with Wu since he got scratched.

Rosalee and Eve meeting for the first time.... I did like how Rosalee slipped for a moment with her protest of Eve using the hat, calling her Juliette. To me she sounded for a moment like she was talking to her friend, before she realized what she was doing. I hope to see them interact again soon, without Nick involved.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm very tired of the hat and the body switching and how it's used for sex (or almost sex - and the way the writers ignore issues of consent). It was gross enough to me the first time with Adalind becoming Juliette.
This! I'm still furious at the way the issue has been glossed over; but in this episode, thanks to Sasha's acting, I had to laugh. I'm glad it didn't work out, tho!

Old 04-13-2016, 04:42 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I honestly need to watch this episode again. I made the mistake of watching this and the Sleepy Hollow season/series? finale together, with SH first (and didn't drink in between shows ). I was somewhat distracted through Grimm because of it.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

new episode discussion: 5x17, "Inugami"

Unsticking this one now.

Reply   Post New Thread