New time: 8:00 PM E/P

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 4x16: "Heartbreaker"
~~~

Preview:

Quote:
Episode 4x16, "Heartbreaker"
Friday, April 03, 2015 - 8:00 PM E/P : THE TALE OF THE FROG PRINCE GETS A DEADLY TWIST - LEAH RENEE AND NICO EVERS-SWINDELL GUEST STAR - A cyclist's homicide introduces Nick and Hank to a Wesen with a tragic fatal touch.
Captain Renard and Adalind learn the Royals have stepped up their efforts to find their child, and another member of the Royal family (guest star Nico Evers-Swindell) is introduced.
Meanwhile, Juliette ponders the idea of embracing what she's become as opposed to fighting it. ~ Written by Dan Fesman, Directed by Rob Bailey
Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 04-09-2015 at 04:23 PM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

24 hours from right now!

Old 04-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Excited!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too!

Last edited by Lutesse; 04-03-2015 at 11:29 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Question, why is the title called "Double Date" and I'm so going to watch this episode tonight!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for noting that, Nici! My mistake .. fixing it now.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm starting to hate Juliette for the way she treats Nick and Renard! Also, she's becoming such a bitch (I don't know if I'm allowed to say that word in this post) especially if she starts her revenge on Adalind and what I saw in the next week's promo: She wants to have sex with Renard!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:55 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread for tonight's episode.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Good episode. I think the branding would make the women not so desireable and that would keep any interest away from them, however the way she ended up was also not so pretty. With the branding she could find someone as well if it took away her venom nature. The fellow she ended up with was funny but good. She chose this disfigurement instead of having it forced on her.

I think, as I ramble on here, that the branding just kept people away and did not change her body chemistry as possibly Rosalee's potion did.

I'm glad Nick talked with Hank about Juliette's dilemma.
Her behavior toward Nick is going to give the Juliette haters even more reasons to hate her. I personally do not hate her at this point. I have empathy for her.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've added the 4x16 Guest stars and the Wesen (Folterseele) in their respective threads.

Patty, I agree the branding of the Folterseele was to prevent them ever again being attractive to anyone.
Apparently, both Bella's mother and her grandmother had been raped - and of course, the rapists died immediately.
Evidently there are no males of the species.

The end was cute - she may not be a gorgeous blond now, but at least she ain't poison!

I was so glad Nick finally told Hank about Juliette! It's not something that can (or should) be kept secret. Loved Hank's reaction - well played, Russell!

I think we have to keep reminding ourselves that Juliette is no longer the Juliette we knew. She's being taken over by the most powerful Hexenbiest that ever existed, and it cannot be "tamed."
It is bitter and mean and completely undisciplined. Juliette cannot be held responsible for it. She's been sacrificed because of her love for Nick and MonRosalee.

Nevertheless, the direction of this arc is breaking my heart, largely because it's changing the entire nature of my favorite TV series.

Oh, and Prince Kenneth is one scary dude. I might suspect he's part Siegbarste ..

Old 04-04-2015, 11:40 AM
MST Manager

I will never hate Juliette, but I can not like her a lot at the same time.

That is where I am right now.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people on Twitter
Spoiler:

Old 04-05-2015, 05:04 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for that, Sherry.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Passionate Fan

The speculation on Kenneth seems very logical.

I wonder if Royals will see Adalind's baby as something useful--a potential Grimm or a potential hold on Nick--or threatening--what are Hexen-Grimms like? Or Zauber-Grimms? And how are Zauberbeists different from their female relatives, anyway, other than being saner? Can Renard do telekinesis? How limited is he with potions?

It seemed odd that they would know Viktor isn't founding a dynasty, but I suppose even lower-case royals have shown interest in family continuity. Upper-case Royals with Hexenbeists and others to do checkups might know a lot more about where the next generations is--or isn't--coming from. Also, the Royals seem to be less fertile than ordinary humans, given what we know about their amorous proclivities and the high price people will pay for Royal infants. Low fertility and infertility may be wide spread problems for them.

My guess is that the brand was a sort of magic for this group of Wesen. Or maybe this is head canon. I'm thinking that it didn't just disfigure them. The way they were described, it sounded like they had a natural power beyond their looks that attracted men, whether they wanted to or not (mostly not, by the look of things). While the second guy who was attracted to Bella tried to rape her, the first one seemed to be pretty decent guy. There were signs he was a bit obsessed, but what Rosalee said suggested this was an effect Bella could have on guys. All the photos taken without her knowledge may have been a bit creepy, but he kept it under control and didn't do anything creepy.

My guess, then, is that the brand actually reversed this. Guys who would have been drawn to them or disgusted or even become hostile once the branding happens. I'm imagining a tragic story for the mom where she had a decent guy who loved her but who'd seen her transform without touching her, yet he still accepted her. Then, another man assaulted her, her mother branded her, and the decent guy still cared about her--but the branding created a physical response. He actually became nauseated being around her (or something like that).

I'm guessing that the branding only works this way after they've manifested. I'm also guessing the first time it happens, it may not be fast enough to protect them from an attacker.

Which I guess means I'm supposing Bella's mom was attacked by Bella's father, hid the pregnancy from her mother, met a decent guy who found out about her but still cared, and then her mom found out she was pregnant and branded her.

Because, while the branding is bad, I don't see how it would otherwise guarantee their safety from slime, especially when they seem to attract men without wanting to.

So, what Rosalee did may have disfigured her but it left her free to look for love.

Oh, and I'm guessing this was from a script they bought a while back. 1989 plus 24 adds up to 2013.

Not sure how I feel about Juliette right now. I see what she's dealing with. The way she got upset that the book didn't help shows that she still wants to go back to her old life. She isn't giving up on them as Nick thinks.

Oh, and Adalind better run if Juliette finds out that's Nick's baby she's carrying. Not like she doesn't have enough reasons, but that one could send her over the edge. I just wonder if she'll care what happens to Nick's child and protect it, no matter what she does to Adalind, or . . . not.
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the branding was enough to keep men from giving them a second look, much less lusting after them. I need to re-watch the episode, but I got the impression that all their breeding was a result of rape.
I don't think they were like the Musai - irresistible to men; they're just beautiful women who act unattainable and are, therefore, more of a challenge to some men.

I'm sure you're right that it's going to get ugly when Juliette learns Adalind is having Nick's baby.

Reply   Post New Thread