Don't forget the new time: 8:00 PM E/P

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 4x15: "Double Date"
~~~

Preview:

Quote:
Episode 4x15, "Double Date"
Friday, March 27, 2015 - 8:00 PM E/P: THE SCENE OF A MURDER TRAILS BACK TO A STRANGE LOVERS' QUARREL - ALEXIS DENISOF GUEST STARS - Nick and Hank are called to investigate a one night stand turned deadly when a man finds himself in the middle of a very bizarre love triangle. Captain Renard hopes Monroe and Rosalee can help him deal with recurring episodes of phantom bleeding. Meanwhile, Adalind makes a discovery that might turn the tables in her favor; and Juliette makes a big decision that could change the course of her relationship with Nick. ~ Written by Brenna Kouf, Directed by Karen Gaviola

Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 04-02-2015 at 03:56 PM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 03-27-2015, 07:33 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the thread for the new episode tonight.

Enjoy, everyone.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

This is so exciting and I can't wait until I'm watching the tonight's episode!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just an hour and ten minutes from now!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

After seeing this episode, I'm still in shock!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

If Sean is going to let Juliette stay with him, he's making a huge mistake. Nick will never forgive him.

I'm pretty shocked that they ushered Viktor out so unceremoniously. The producers are very fond of Alexis.
I hope he's getting another series and needed to drop Grimm.

As Natacha reminded me, Adalind spent at least one romantic night with Renard after Diana was born. It isn't like the writers to forget such a detail; but if they didn't, they're ignoring it for now.

This week's creature was fascinating! We quickly suspected that it was going to be both the man and the woman, and it was very cleverly done.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Great episode.

Worms are/can be multi-sexed. In times of low worm populations they can mate with themselves. Ever see a worm circling over on itself? That is what is going on. This is what I was told many years ago.

And I also heard of people using that slime to give themselves a nice facial/peel. It is rejuvenating to the skin. You will never find me with worm goo on my body on purpose. A fish did shake off a bit of bait that landed on my leg. I'll check and see if it looks younger.

It does!

Didn't you get the feeling that Adalind is going to make a play for "his majesty" ? I did, but then she might not want to have another Royal baby. The baby of the King would take precedence over Dianah imo.

I will be rewatching this.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Patty, you are a nut! A lovable, funny nut!!

I suspect Adalind considered the King but wisely discarded the thought.

eta - dayum
iirc, it sure didn't look that way.

Last edited by Lutesse; 03-28-2015 at 09:40 AM
Old 03-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

ETA: Can't believe I didn't mention how wonderful Monroe was in this, especially given the contrast between him and the first guy. Monroe came across as someone who was genuinely concerned about a woman going through a rough time and just wanting to lend a listening ear. If he hadn't been part of a police bust--and if Stacy had been what she seemed--he either would have been out of there when she wanted more than a listening ear or would have let her know he figured she was looking for a one night stand to forget about her pain, and that he couldn't take advantage of that.

I did wonder what the smells were like to him. I suppose the hormone differences between Stacy and Linus might have made them smell like different people, but I did wonder.

Viktor's exit, without the actor even being seen, does suggest something sudden happen. I hope it's a good career opportunity.

Since the Queen of the Gypsies was able to use magic (or whatever it was) to determine Adalind was going to have a royal child, I assume Adalind wouldn't be able to pass her baby off as a royals, something she may have thought of if she were in less of a panic.

In terms of succession, though, if she could pass this child off, it would depend. Going by rules in regular royal families, some always put male heirs above female heirs. If Adalind has a boy and it was thought to be Frederick's, he could be ahead of her daughter. If direct descent counts more, the child of an older son would pull in ahead, giving the position to Diana. If legitimacy is an issue, of course, that complicates things. Of course, if Sean refuses any official position with the family, assuming the offer him one, that would make it difficult for them to acknowledge Diana--unless they publicly present her as Erik's, which would put her ahead of her own father in the succession.

If it were the middle ages, they could claim Diana was the daughter of Erik and his betrothed. That would probably be enough to have her legitimized. Of course, you'd probably have other heirs trying to keep her out. England had a civil war between King Stephen and the Empress Maude. Maude had direct descent. Stephen had a Y chromosome.

Sorry. History nerd.

Taken as something other than the actor suddenly leaving the show, I would actually say Viktor going is a good thing--not in terms of losing the character, but in terms of what it means for royal politics. Viktor saw Adalind as expendable. Frederick, by sending Viktor away while keeping Adalind active in the search for Diana seems to be seeing her as a potential asset. At the very least, he seems to want to cultivate his grandchild's mother, whether or not he has deeper motives.

The part of this episode that kept getting to me is that I've always been grossed out by worms. I was trying very hard not to think about what I knew about worms the whole time. Spiders don't bother me. Puffer fish zombies I can handle. Octopus head brain sucker, I'm OK.

But, worms. Ew.

I knew about the two-for-one thing because I watched the show after it aired. I stopped it to look up the quote. It's from Ovid's Metamorphoses, the tale of Hermaphroditus. As you might not be surprised to learn, Hermaphroditus is a guy who gets magically merged with a woman.

I can't help wondering if this kind of Wesen are always a split personality or if Stacy and Linus just developed one. Over the course of the episode, their relationship seemed dysfunctional, sweet, and kind of Norman Bates/Mother. Were they really separate identities in natural sense? Did Linus really lose Stacy? Is she dead (for lack of a better term)? Would hormone therapy bring her back?

Could you split them in half in some way and have Linus and Stacy grow back into full, separate people? Is that a good thing or a bad thing in a case like this?

On Juliette: I thought she was just having a difficult time, but she's becoming more aggressive. I don't think this is a good thing. I'm hoping they don't decide to bring back Sean and Juliette as a couple. I was never a fan.

I do think it's interesting that Zauberbeist's and Hexenbeists are different enough that the book wouldn't open for Sean. Kind of the opposite of Stacy and Linus, who are one and the same thing. Sean and his mother, Wesen-wise, are different species.

Unless Sean's doctor is a Wesen, he probably thinks he's having PTSD hallucinations.

Last edited by Kelaine; 03-28-2015 at 08:21 PM
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for adding the mention about Monroe, Kelaine! He was so nice, I wondered how Stacy could want to take advantage of him! And only $22 in his wallet!

I was afraid that Monroe & Rosalee would be neglected in the writing now, since he's not really Nick's unofficial partner any longer; but they're doing a great job of keeping them included.
I'm sure they know how popular MonRosalee is with fans.

The worm creature was truly gross but fascinating at the same time.

I fear they're taking Juliette into such a dark place that she'll never recover. I wish it wasn't so.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Thanks for adding the mention about Monroe, Kelaine! He was so nice, I wondered how Stacy could want to take advantage of him! And only $22 in his wallet!

I was afraid that Monroe & Rosalee would be neglected in the writing now, since he's not really Nick's unofficial partner any longer; but they're doing a great job of keeping them included.
I'm sure they know how popular MonRosalee is with fans.

The worm creature was truly gross but fascinating at the same time.

I fear they're taking Juliette into such a dark place that she'll never recover. I wish it wasn't so.
Juliette hasn't really done anything that bad yet. She killed two Wesen in self-defense. Both were threatening her life at the time, and she didn't have a less lethal alternative. But, like you, I'm worried about where she may be going. At first, I thought things like her nightmare about attacking Rosalee was her fear of what she might do, a fear based on dealing with Wesen like Adalind. It would be the same if she were turning into a Blutbad and the only one she'd met had been the serial killer in the first episode--especially if he'd attacked her.

Now, I'm afraid she had that nightmare because she's really feeling more aggression and the temptation to do things like attack her friends. The old Juliette wouldn't have gotten angry over bleeding a little to open that book. She might have argued because cutting herself was painful and gross, but she wouldn't have resented it in such a selfish way.
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thoroughly enjoyed it when she killed the Tribunal guy and the Manticore - no problem with self defense.

I hadn't really made a connection between the Rosalee dream and her current frame of mind, but you may be onto something there. She's becoming almost feral.
And of course, the Hexenbiest in her naturally fears Nick the Grimm - hence the dream of him killing her.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Passionate Fan

I rewatched the epi last night and it was still fantastic.

Regarding
Quote:
Could you split them in half in some way and have Linus and Stacy grow back into full, separate people?
I bet they'd become two. Since the mention of platyhimentes (a type of flatworm used in science labs) I remember those critters from bio labs (but not their spelling) and I recall them having the ability to do just that. Regenerate.

When I saw Juliette walk into Sean's apartment, if my eyes were closed, I would have thought it was Adalind speaking. Her tones and inflections in her voice were so very Adalind imo. Then after two sentences, she sounded more like Juliette again. Wonder if any of you heard this.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Patty, she has taken on an "imperious/nagging" tone which doesn't bode well for anyone around her.

Reply   Post New Thread