GRIMM Episode Discussion: 4x10, "Tribunal" ~ Air Date January 23, 2015

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 4x10: "Tribunal"
~~~

Preview:

Quote:
Episode 4x10, "Tribunal"
Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 - 9:00 PM E/P: MONROE’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE – After Monroe’s abduction by the Wesenrein, Nick gathers the whole team, including Wu, to track him down and return him to Rosalee.As the search intensifies, Juliette learns more about her new reality as a Hexenbiest. ~ Written by David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf, Directed by Peter Werner
Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 01-29-2015 at 10:27 AM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks.
We are ready for some new stuff.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm very anxious to see Monroe rescued.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:02 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread for tomorrow's new episode.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

yw Nikki

Old 01-23-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-23-2015, 06:08 PM
MST Manager

Yaaaay!

Old 01-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg, tonight's episode was so tense!

Even though I was sure Monroe would be rescued, I was yelling at Nick & Co. to stop wasting time at the precinct and get out to the woods before it was too late!

What an awesome speech by Monroe to the Tribunal!
And how terrible that they still 'convicted' him, even in the face of his truths.

I felt so proud of Bud! Even knowing he'd be next to die, he stood by his friends.

So, a "made" Hexenbiest (Juliette) can be more powerful than a "born" one (the original Adalind). The thing is, Adalind was born, lost it, and then re-made through that gruesome ritual.
That may or may not put the two of them on approximately equal footing. This is going to get interesting ...

Can't wait to see what Renard does to help Juliette.

The scene in the car on the way to the airport was hilarious! I'm sooo glad Monroe's ordeal is over and that ugly chapter can be closed - hopefully, never to be revisited.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Ooh... sleeping with thine enemy! I'm looking forward to next week's eppy already!
TrekGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Loved last night's episode! Great to see both Monroe and Rosalee kill the Grandmaster of the group and how Renard broke the news to the press. Glad that Wu's joined the Scooby Gang now. I wonder if he's going to take some of the info from the books and create a special program on their computers (password protected of course) of most of the info in the books for easier access if they can't get to the trailer under certain circumstances? An emergency trailer as it were! I also wonder if Nick will tell him about some of the events that happened to him over the last 4 years because of him being a Grimm? Like the Zaubertrank from Adiland's cookie or the Kreski brothers Wendigo killings and why they buried their victims on their property, for example. So are Silas and Bree absent for the next few episodes cause their characters are finally gone on their honeymoon? I hope so! Then they'll come back and tell us all about it Can't wait till next week.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:16 AM
Passionate Fan

The ending of last night's episode was the correct culmination of story line from last week. This episode was good to watch instead of too painful to enjoy (like last weeks imo).

I've already had words (no fight just type a response) with another forum about why Nick and Hank went with the Monroe's and why Officer Acker was mentioned as the leader. My thoughts are that this chapter of the Wesenrein were of the Portland variety. There are, I assume, other chapters throughout the world. The events in Portland, Monroe and Rosalee's wedding, could have been broadcast throughout the many Wesenrein chapters in the world. So Nick and Hank are aware of this and accompanied the newlyweds for protection.

I believe Officer Acker was named as leader to throw off the information. If the main guy was broadcast, that could bring many many other chapters of Wesenrein into the town for retribution. It would put Nick in more danger than ever.

That said, I now worry that that could become a future episode. :-(

I was really proud of Bud and how he defended Monroe.
I was really proud of Srgt. Wu and how he joined the group and killed his first wesen that needed it. He is a full fledged member now.
My only worry was that he would spill some soda or get some French fry grease on the pages. LOL I like BWM's idea that Wu will create a computer file on these. Wow, bring it into the 21st century. He could become a learned "gesva497hjklf" that way.

Juliette, I loved how she blew that nasty boy's head out. YEAH But what will she do? I'm glad she went to Renard with her issue. I know she didn't want to give Nick this info because he has to protect the newlyweds.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Brian, great idea to have Wu make a computer program for all those books! It would be such a valuable resource for Grimms all over the world.

Patty, you can tell we're both mothers - I worried that Wu was getting french fry grease on those pages, too!

I agree it ended just right. I think Renard's press conference was basically sending a message to Wesenrein groups everywhere, putting them on notice that Portland is off-limits to their shenanigans.
I'll be very surprised if we hear from them again.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Passionate Fan

And I'll be very happy to put those transgressors behind everything. Get rid of them, no fun to watch. But that's just me.
It was a powerful story.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Passionate Fan

ETA: Wu, get your greasy food and your sugar-water mix beverage away from the ancient documents.

Although Acker acted kind of wimpy, that was just his act around the precinct to throw people off the trail. If the guy he was talking to on the phone, telling him to take care of Bud was the Wesenrein leader, Acker might have been fairly high up and might even have been the highest ranking survivor.

Or that's the story I'm going with.

I'm glad Juliette went to Renard. I'd been thinking of her talking to Monroe or Rosalee, but Renard is better. First off, the impression I get is that "regular" Wesen see Hexenbeists as somewhat "other" or apart from them, a little like Grimms in that respect. Renard . . . OK, Renard strikes me as having a whole slew of issues with Hexens, but they probably all include phrases like "just like my mother," so that's not too bad. Or not too bad in a way that will create difficulties for Juliette.

Second, he probably knows a lot more about being a Hexenbeist.

I want to say more about the Wesenrein. I loved Bud recognizing his chiroprator. I also loved Bud standing up to them, in his timid way. It had to be harder for him to brave, in a lot of ways, than it was for Monroe.

Beyond that . . . that was an ugly group. Most of you may have noticed that I've tried to find a some way to find some rationale not for who they were but maybe for how they got there. Even the worst villains on Grimm have often had a kind of logic, even if it's only a predator/prey view of the world (I didn't say it was great logic). I like it when I can see where a villain is coming from.

These guys were just really, really ugly.

The one thing I'll say is I'm not entirely sure how I feel about convincing Acker Nick was going to take his sister away and chop her head off. I get that it was a bluff, but that was kind of disturbing to me.

Overall, I'm glad Rosalee didn't call Monroe's family. Still, while I don't think they would have arrived in time, it would have been fun to see that extended family Monroe's talked about show up in force to beat up these guys.

Of course, that could have gotten comic when the tone probably needed to stay (pardon the pun) grim.

Monroe's dad to the head of the Wesenrein: Hey! You're Jerry's kid! So, this is what happened after you flunked out of school.

Monroe's mother: You dragged your little brother into this?

Monroe's dad: Everybody said you'd come to a bad end. You stole your mother's grocery money from the cookie jar before you ran away, didn't you?

Monroe's mother: Does your mother know what you're up to? No, of course not. You never write, you never call home. How could you do this to her?

That wouldn't work, and I have to fight my urge to wish this had just been lighter. Sometimes, villains just need to be bad.

Although, I hope Acker's mother gives him an earful.

Acker's mom: You dragged your little sister into this? She met a Grimm because of you?

Last edited by Kelaine; 01-24-2015 at 02:13 PM
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kelaine, I love your alternative conversations! They might have gone very much like that if Monroe's parents had shown up; but of course, that would've been a story of a very different flavor.

Acker being a Bauerschwein would probably preclude his being high on the Wesenrein pecking order; but it would partly explain why he was out to get Monroe, who helped Nick send the Bauerschwein chef to prison.
He didn't seem to mind working for the Wesenrein Blutbaden, though.

---------------
eta: Here's an excellent EW review:
Quote:
'Grimm' recap: Monroe's rescue mission comes to a bloody conclusion | EW Community | EW.com

"To say that NBC’s Grimm is impressing us this season would be a gross understatement. The fourth season has given us some incredible moments, but “Tribunal” takes the cake." (more)

Last edited by Lutesse; 01-24-2015 at 04:34 PM
Reply   Post New Thread