Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Brian, the KKK is exactly my first thought, too.

Not sure Nick immediately gets his Grimm back, but I hope it happens quickly! Did you see the preview for next week? I'll post it to the S&S thread in a few minutes.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
Enjoyed last night's episode! I think Nick will get him Grimmness back next episode! It appears this group that's targeting both Monroe and Rosalee is the Wesen version of the Ku Klux Klan. The ending last night reminded me of what happened in the southern US during the 50s and 60s. I think Nick will shut them down once he gets his abilities back. Nick also better confront agent Chavez once and for all once his abilities are back and have a real conversation with her about what's happening. I can't wait till next week
Totally like a cross burning of the KKK. Sheesh, some wesen are really stuck back in time with their mindset. I noticed that the cross had some zigzags on it that reminded me of Nazi's as well.

I wonder if Hoffman is actually that Royal cousin (forget his name) who is trying to get ahold of Dianah. He shape shifted into Hoffman to torture Adalind. I didn't catch what he told Adalind about "...we've got to get ....... back" Seems like he didn't say our little baby back.

OMG Sean told his mom who has his baby. I'm wondering if that was a good idea or not. As sweet as she appears in face and in attitude, Moma Renard is still a ............
I was going to say is still a hexenbiest, but that is showing my prejudice against wesen.
Look out Kelly because we will probably see a grandma showdown eventually. Hmm.

Bud <3
Wu oh know. Please get him in with the knowledge.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Oddball thought, but I bet this started as a story with an armadillo Wesen. Armadillos always have identical quadruplets. For humans, the odds against identical quads (according to a quick internet search) are about 13 million to one. For humans, multiples are also high risk pregnancies. Quads would almost certainly be preemies and require medical care. So, the odds of there being no one who knew there was more than one baby wouldn't be that great.

That quibble goes away if we're talking a Wesen where quad births are common and where they go out of their way to hide the multiple births, even to the extent of raising them as one child as far as the outside world is concerned.

Which makes armadillos a much more sensible place for this story to have started. But, even if you make a really scary looking armadillo Wesen, "I was chased by an armadillo" just doesn't have the impact as "I was chased by a wolf." Otherwise, I can't say that the Wesen type played much of a role in the episode.

Although, I'm assuming it's a Luison thing to be able to speak a foriegn language without an accent.

If they ever do bring in an armadillo, besides the quad thing, armadillos are one of the few animals besides humans that get leprosy. I think it's supposed to be a faster moving disease in them and more painful. Seems like there might be a story there.

Moving on from armadillo trivia--

Trouble was right not to take Shaw's head off. Ethics aside, he hadn't done more than talk big and (maybe more importantly in an amoral, Machiavellian way) she told him to spread the word to leave Nick alone. His mouth and neck scar will probably do that better than one more Wesen corpse in Portland.

Interesting that Renard doesn't want Nick telling Wu about Wesen. I'm not sure what alternatives they have. On the other hand, if they don't tell Wu and a secret organization that wants to recruit Teresa doesn't want Wu talking, he could either be in danger or be recruited.

I like that, after initially being uncertain, Juliette is now the one pushing for Nick to do what he needs to in order to get his powers back. Since the storyline they have going for that could be considered demeaning to Juliette, that's important. I think I also liked that they addressed some of the relationship landmines mixed into this rather than just use them to kind of titillate the audience while ignoring the impact on the characters.

Since the promo suggests Nick won't immediately get his powers back, I'm guessing there may be an extra step (something that Adalind did) that gets left out or maybe something from the link between Nick and Adalind. It will probably drag things out a bit only to kick in during a life-or-death fight moment.

On the Wesen burning thing, I knew a guy who was a Mormon missionary serving in some of the more rural parts of the south. He told about being one of the first missionaries back in a town where they'd pulled them out a few years before after the Klan burned a cross on the missionaries doorstep. When they went back in, the Klan made sure they understood certain areas were off limits. He joked about it when I knew him, which I don't know that I could ever do. If it was just Monroe, I could see him joking about it, too ("Oh, not again. Where's the new fire extinguisher?"). But, Rosalee's being threatened, as well. These guys could be in big trouble.

Now that Elizabeth knows about Kelly, I wonder if they're setting up a Mama battle? This could be scary.

Also, Lutesse, no problem with the previous post. Like I said, I didn't have much to add at that point.

Edited to add: I noticed some references to both Alice and Labyrinth. Honestly, I half-expected Adalind to have open a bottle that said, "Drink me," before she could get through the door.

Labyrinth references: In the movie, Sarah has to get through a hallway with talking walls giving false warnings. She also has to get through a castle that has turned into a sort of Escher painting to get back her stolen baby brother. While she doesn't pass herself, the Goblin King seems to be in more places at once than he should be.

Alice: Alice nearly drowns in her own tears. In what's probably a spoof of Victorian sentimentalism, she looks after a baby from a cranky family only to throw it away when it turns into a pig (have I mentioned I don't get the Alice books? I'm not sure if that means anything or if they were just going for the tripped out images).

It does feel like there should be something important in the fact that Adalind offered herself a "cake" of Hoffman's head covered in rats (from the dungeon?). Symbolism, dream imagery, or foreshadowing? Or just surreal shock value?

Last edited by Kelaine; 11-22-2014 at 11:45 AM
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quick comment - it appeared to me that the thing burning on Monroe's lawn was the same shape as the sign carved on the brick that had been thrown through the spice shop window. Monroe called it by a name .. I'll look it up later.

I'm going to re-watch the episode this evening.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Quick comment - it appeared to me that the thing burning on Monroe's lawn was the same shape as the sign carved on the brick that had been thrown through the spice shop window. Monroe called it by a name .. I'll look it up later.

I'm going to re-watch the episode this evening.
Yeah, it was the same.
Edited to add:

Kind of quiet. Did I finally overstep everyone's boredom meter by dragging in the lives and leprosy of armadillos? Or should I have left out the cross-burnings? Or Mormons?

Last edited by Kelaine; 11-22-2014 at 03:35 PM
Old 11-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't want to comment too much until I re-watched the episode, Kelaine! I thought the armadillo reference was both interesting and - have to say it! - amusing!

The symbol is called a wolfsangel - here it is on the brick:

(It sounded like Monroe pronounced it woofs' anga)

We had so many storylines going in the episode ..
  • Bud enlisting Trubel's services as a Grimm;
  • The Luison tormenting his wife;
  • Josh Porter pursued by Hundjagers;
  • Renard telling Elizabeth about Kelley;
  • Nick & Juliette's dilemma;
  • MonRosalee targeted by Wesen KKK;
  • Adalind's hallucinations (I think we can safely say, now, that's what was happening to her. There's probably no Hoffman, either.).
I'm gratedful there wasn't more of Wu to deal with.

I'm very concerned that Trubel appears to have one foot out the door. I love her character and (imo) she fits the gang like a glove.

I had hopes Josh would become a Grimm. That looks very iffy now. Since his father died, the stressful run-in with the Hundjagers should perhaps have kicked-started his Grimm gene.
We'll see ..

If there is a living Grimm who is a match for Mama Hexenbiest, it would be Kelley. That meeting is going to be ..um.. intense!

There seems to be no question, now, that Juliette will do her part to help Nick get his powers back.
She overheard Bud and Trubel, and she sees the threat to Monroe & Rosalee. It may not work instantly, but maybe it just needs to simmer a bit.

Viktor won; Adalind is completely at his mercy now - and he's convinced her that all he wants is to get "our child" back.
Anyone who had a hand in helping her escape before the birth is going to be in terrible danger.

Taken altogether, it was a very exciting episode that sent a dozen balls rolling.
And only 3 more episodes until the mid-season hiatus!

eta - forgot to mention how I loved having Monroe help Nick with the Luison case. Like old times!

Last edited by Lutesse; 11-22-2014 at 04:50 PM
Old 11-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I didn't want to comment too much until I re-watched the episode, Kelaine! I thought the armadillo reference was both interesting and - have to say it! - amusing!
No problem. I had a long day, yesterday. I tend to over-worry about odd things when I get stressed.

Quote:
I had hopes Josh would become a Grimm. That looks very iffy now. Since his father died, the stressful run-in with the Hundjagers should perhaps have kicked-started his Grimm gene.
I'd like Josh to become a Grimm, but I'm not sure there's room for three in the current storyline.

Quote:
If there is a living Grimm who is a match for Mama Hexenbiest, it would be Kelley. That meeting is going to be ..um.. intense!
Of course, we're assuming they fight (not unlikely) instead of bonding. If those two are working together . . . Run, Rendard! Run, Nick!

Quote:
Viktor won; Adalind is completely at his mercy now - and he's convinced her that all he wants is to get "our child" back.
Anyone who had a hand in helping her escape before the birth is going to be in terrible danger.
I hope Adalind turns out to be stronger than Viktor expects. Her link with Nick may have some unexpected impact (although, fortunately for Nick, he didn't share any of Adalind's hallucinations).

Side issue: So, Renard has a new house and he bought it with his mother's money. Interesting that he said it has better security. Does he mean the regular kind or Hexen stuff?

I wonder if they mentioned his mom can't do the spell she used to save him again just so we'll know Renard's still at risk if someone points a gun at him again or if that was more significant? I'd assumed saving him was the result of getting there during a very narrow time window, so it wasn't worrying me too much. But, they might have felt it needed to be said.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The symbol is called a wolfsangel - here it is on the brick:

(It sounded like Monroe pronounced it woofs' anga)

We had so many storylines going in the episode ..
  • Bud enlisting Trubel's services as a Grimm;
  • The Luison tormenting his wife;
  • Josh Porter pursued by Hundjagers;
  • Renard telling Elizabeth about Kelley;
  • Nick & Juliette's dilemma;
  • MonRosalee targeted by Wesen KKK;
  • Adalind's hallucinations (I think we can safely say, now, that's what was happening to her. There's probably no Hoffman, either.).
We'll see ..

Taken altogether, it was a very exciting episode that sent a dozen balls rolling.
And only 3 more episodes until the mid-season hiatus!
A German pronounciation, I think they do not utilize the "L" sound. My friend's last name is Felker and well he pronounces it like Fauker. Not quite what an American is used to hearing. Thanks for the info on that symbol. Did you look it up yet?

So many story lines going on and it could get confusing if they spin the story too big imo.
Grimm writers be careful.

And btw, the armadillo story made me
Old 11-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
No problem. I had a long day, yesterday. I tend to over-worry about odd things when I get stressed.
I'm sorry .. hope you feel better today.

Quote:
I'd like Josh to become a Grimm, but I'm not sure there's room for three in the current storyline.
Not as a permanent member of the current show's cast, no; but I want to see the Grimm in him manifest. He could become Trubel's sidekick. He's been "normal" all his life and she has never been, so one hopes he'd be an influence for restraint.

Quote:
Of course, we're assuming they fight (not unlikely) instead of bonding. If those two are working together . . . Run, Rendard! Run, Nick!
I think it's possible they'll work together rather than fight, for Diana's sake. Kelley can teach the child a lot but she can't teach her how to control her extraordinary powers. Elizabeth can.

Quote:
I hope Adalind turns out to be stronger than Viktor expects. Her link with Nick may have some unexpected impact (although, fortunately for Nick, he didn't share any of Adalind's hallucinations).
I think the only thing that might cause Adalind to betray Viktor is a sense of indebtedness to Meisner. Even Adalind must feel gratitude to the man who delivered her baby.

Quote:
Side issue: So, Renard has a new house and he bought it with his mother's money. Interesting that he said it has better security. Does he mean the regular kind or Hexen stuff?

I wonder if they mentioned his mom can't do the spell she used to save him again just so we'll know Renard's still at risk if someone points a gun at him again or if that was more significant? I'd assumed saving him was the result of getting there during a very narrow time window, so it wasn't worrying me too much. But, they might have felt it needed to be said.
She (or he) may have been able to cast a protection spell over the house, which they couldn't do over a high-rise condo.
It's nice to know she's extremely wealthy.

I wonder if it's her own life that would be in grave danger if she tried the snake trick again...? One of the heads attached to her heart, and she fainted. Transferring life to him may have depleted her strength permanently.

eta - Yes, Patty! Here's the Wiki for Wolfsangel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsangel

Old 11-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Not as a permanent member of the current show's cast, no; but I want to see the Grimm in him manifest. He could become Trubel's sidekick. He's been "normal" all his life and she has never been, so one hopes he'd be an influence for restraint.
IDK if the talk of a spin off show with TRubel is truth or not, but wouldn't Josh make an interesting partner for her in this situation?

Quote:

I wonder if they mentioned his mom can't do the spell she used to save him again just so we'll know Renard's still at risk if someone points a gun at him again or if that was more significant? I'd assumed saving him was the result of getting there during a very narrow time window, so it wasn't worrying me too much. But, they might have felt it needed to be said
I missed all but the part when Sean talked about the new home having more security. So I agree that the more security could be some sort of hexen-charm of protection.

Adalind's trials and tribulations all seem so very Harry Potter-ish.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
IDK if the talk of a spin off show with TRubel is truth or not, but wouldn't Josh make an interesting partner for her in this situation?
That was my thinking, too, Patty. Trubel has developed a very solid following and I think the producers are inclined to do a spinoff - maybe in 2016? Just guessing ..

Quote:
I missed all but the part when Sean talked about the new home having more security. So I agree that the more security could be some sort of hexen-charm of protection.
How would a house above the city be safer than his condo unless he's able to have a bubble of magic surrounding it?

Quote:
Adalind's trials and tribulations all seem so very Harry Potter-ish.
That's it, Patty! Exactly!

Old 11-23-2014, 09:06 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Tonight's episode was so good! So much happening!
Cannot wait to watch sometime this week.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have you seen it yet, Nikki?

Old 11-27-2014, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unsticking to add new episode discussion thread.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:36 PM
MST Manager

Oh, Bud! How I love you.

I felt bad for Rosalee and Monroe. Something is always preventing them from going on that honeymoon.

Sean's new home is pretty nice.

Quote:
Have you seen it yet, Nikki?
Yup! Yesterday.