Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

GRIMM Episode Discussion: 4x04, "Dyin' On A Prayer" ~ Air Date November 14, 2014

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 4x04: "Dyin' On A Prayer"
~~~

Preview:

04x04, "Dyin' On A Prayer"

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 9:00 PM E/P: AN ANCIENT EVIL ARISES AND CONSUMES ITS VICTIMS – JACQUELINE TOBONI, DAVID JULIAN HIRSH AND LOUISE LOMBARD GUEST STAR – Nick and Hank are called to an unusual crime scene with a victim who appears to have died from clay-induced asphyxiation. At the precinct, Wu begins to grow more suspicious of Trubel's presence. At the Spice Shop, Elizabeth makes a major breakthrough with regards to restoring Nick's powers, while Monroe and Rosalee experience cultural backlash as a result of their inter-Wesen marriage. In Europe, Adalind hopes that putting trust in her mysterious visitor will help her escape the dungeon.
Written by Sean Calder, Directed by Tawnia McKieman

Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 01-29-2015 at 10:25 AM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

This episode makes me sing Bon Jovi

Looks good.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

wonder why?

Yes, it does look good. We may see a new dimension to Trubel - she's wearing a sweater!

Old 11-14-2014, 05:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tonight!

icon: rachel/adam
CloisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes!!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:56 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the thread to the new episode tonight. I will be watching Sunday before football as I am out tonight and tomorrow night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
This episode makes me sing Bon Jovi

Looks good.
Me too!

It's my favorite Bon Jovi song too.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope you're going to do something fun, Nikki!

Old 11-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

and -
Spoiler:

Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Last night's episode was awesome as usual! We got to see an entity brought to life by prayer, which ties into Jewish mythology. I like how other series like Grimm make a take on the whole Golem myth. This episode sure does play into the ones like Volcanalis and La Larona. I wonder what other kinds of non-wesen mythological creatures they can think of in the future? I think Nick's going to be a Grimm again, but it appears to boil down to Juliette. Does she have to die or perform some other kind of ritual? I think will find out next week. Can't wait for the Grimm to return
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good observations, Brian!
I think the Golem, Volcanalis and La Llorona are particularly interesting feature creatures because you don't have to be a Grimm to see them.

I sure expected those masked guys to do more damage than throw a brick through the Spice Shop window and run.
I guess it was just to put MonRosalee on notice that worse is to come.

The Siegebarste brothers were horrible! I would wonder if the boy, David, and his mom are Grimms; but I suppose they saw the Ogre woge because he/they intended to be seen to frighten them more.

Renard recovered so quickly! Can't wait to see how he responds to Wu's questions about Trubel!

The "weeping walls" in Adalind's dungeon were an awesome special effect - one of the coolest things we've seen in all the amazingly cool things done on this show! imo
Poor Claire though - now I know what the tweets were about, saying she was such a great sport to stay immersed in water over several days of filming the scenes.
I wonder if she's really still in her cell, hallucinating from the food Hoffman gave her?

I loved how Trubel interacted with David. I thought she/the writers hit just the right tone for the situation.

Elizabeth, Renard's mother, is a wonderful character. OMG, the creepiest Hexenbiest yet! What on earth could she need from Juliette to reverse Adalind's spell?
Of course it won't involve death; but could our Jules have to be taken over by a Hexenbiest herself? How exciting would that be!

I am enjoying the heck out of this entire arc of Grimmless Nick. I'll be glad when he gets his power back, of course; but in the meantime, I love seeing everyone's roles expanding to compensate.

No surprise, another 5- episode in my opinion!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Okay okay Sherry, here I am.

So while I enjoyed the episode my biggest problem with Trubel is that other characters gets less screen time and this episode was a very prime example of that. We didn't see most of the main cast most of the episode. I hope that when Nick gets his powers back we see less of a focus on Trubel. (Although this episode wasn't even focused on her having her Grimm powers fully)

I know this goes back a ways but I feel that Juliette is selfish in not wanting Nick to get his powers back because Nick isn't Nick without them.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Cathy. I only wondered if you're still watching.

I don't blame Juliette for wishing she and Nick might have a "normal" life again, like when they fell in love. Of course, they're both realizing there's no going back.
She'll make the necessary sacrifice when the time comes.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

I liked the episode. It was an interesting twist on the "creature of the week".

I continue to like Trubel but I do hope to see Nick with his "powers" back soon. Next week should be a good one.
Ann357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked it.

I enjoyed TRubel's work with the boy; she told him she saw the monsters as well and how to beat them. I'm really glad the epi ended as it did on a positive note for all because I was thinking that someone would have to threaten the boy who already has been through so much trauma. This would be horrible and make his psyche get even more messed up, but, the ending was satisfying and it could be thought to give the boy some self confidence.
Wondering if he could be grimm as well, it will have to been seen, but remember that wesen can choose to let humans see if so desired.

Moma Renard (because I've forgotten her last name) was a particularly gruesome hexenbiest imo. I remember seeing Adalind for the first time, how horrible she looked, too. So why does the potion need Juliette? My guess is that she will inhale it and turn into Adalind and then have to mate with Nick to reverse the effect. LOL

The golem special effects were good. I just kept thinking that if this were true, then it would have been summoned during WWII for its help.

I also expected those brick throwers to be on the look out to do more than that. The wesen world needs a change up because it seems so archaic in their thoughts. They act more like the world of the 1950's.

Wu. Something needs to be done with Srgt Wu. He is still trying to stay in the real world by bringing TRubel's picture to Renard and wondering why a suspect is now a "partner".
However, once he knows the truth I can almost see him trying to smooth things over during a crime investigation that is "wesen suspicious" and making it more obvious.
Still I feel for Wu not being in the know.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
I liked the episode. It was an interesting twist on the "creature of the week".

I continue to like Trubel but I do hope to see Nick with his "powers" back soon. Next week should be a good one.
It was! I enjoyed it tremendously.

Next week will be good - I hope we learn what part Juliette must play in breaking the spell - but I'm sure Nick won't be restored yet.
That may be the mid-season cliffhanger, ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I liked it.

I enjoyed TRubel's work with the boy; she told him she saw the monsters as well and how to beat them. I'm really glad the epi ended as it did on a positive note for all because I was thinking that someone would have to threaten the boy who already has been through so much trauma. This would be horrible and make his psyche get even more messed up, but, the ending was satisfying and it could be thought to give the boy some self confidence.
Wondering if he could be grimm as well, it will have to been seen, but remember that wesen can choose to let humans see if so desired.

Moma Renard (because I've forgotten her last name) was a particularly gruesome hexenbiest imo. I remember seeing Adalind for the first time, how horrible she looked, too. So why does the potion need Juliette? My guess is that she will inhale it and turn into Adalind and then have to mate with Nick to reverse the effect. LOL

The golem special effects were good. I just kept thinking that if this were true, then it would have been summoned during WWII for its help.

I also expected those brick throwers to be on the look out to do more than that. The wesen world needs a change up because it seems so archaic in their thoughts. They act more like the world of the 1950's.

Wu. Something needs to be done with Srgt Wu. He is still trying to stay in the real world by bringing TRubel's picture to Renard and wondering why a suspect is now a "partner".
However, once he knows the truth I can almost see him trying to smooth things over during a crime investigation that is "wesen suspicious" and making it more obvious.
Still I feel for Wu not being in the know.
I agree, Patty - I think Trubel has been a great addition to the cast and I really liked the way the boy's fears were handled.
He single-handedly defeated the Golem and that should give him a lot of confidence.

What I bolded - omg, you may be right! that would make perfect sense!

Nick probably won't want to reveal the Grimm world to Wu until he is himself restored to Grimmhood. Then, it will have to be done.

eta - JT tweeted this -

Last edited by Lutesse; 11-15-2014 at 05:45 PM
Reply   Post New Thread