Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2016, 12:16 PM
MST Manager

General Discussion #2: A Thread For The Unthreaded (NO Spoilers!)

Welcome to the GRIMM General Discussion Thread #2
(A Thread For The Unthreaded)

~~~

@

~~~

Some Useful Terms and Definitions

Grimm - "A Grimm is someone who can see into the heart of darkness. Someone who sees things other people don't understand."-Monroe
Grimms are several families of special people, warriors and hunters, who possess incredible powers, such as being able to see the true form of Wesen, even when the Wesen don't want them to. For centuries they have placed it upon themselves to police and hunt the Wesen population, to protect normal humans from the unknown threat around them. Grimm wikia: History, Nature, Known Grimms, Powers

Wesen - Wesen (pronunciation: VAY-zin, Grimm: VES-sin; Germ. "a being", here "creature") is a term used to describe the creatures visible to the Grimms. They are the basis not only of the fairy tales that the Brothers Grimm have compiled, but also of the many legends and folklore from many cultures.
Wesen are liminal, that is, they display two states of existence simultaneous within one physical body. Physiologically, Wesen are parahuman, exhibiting two distinct sets of DNA within the same system. When in human form, Wesen are, by all accounts, physiologically that way and thus can pass as human. (more)

Woge - (VOH-gə; German noun meaning a high, powerful wave of water; a large undulating mass of something). In the show, "woge" is the act of changing between human and Wesen form. The show also invents the verb "woge", not an actual German verb, meaning to change from human to Wesen form. (more)

Royal Families (Royals)/Seven Houses - The Seven Houses represent seven royal families. The Royal families are mainly established in Europe. As such, many are surprised when they hear of a royal somewhere else e.g. Portland (Sean Renard).
Known houses:
House of the Renard family (no official house name yet)
House of Lorraine
Possible houses:
Japanese royal family (no official name yet)

Verrat - The Verrat (fer-RAAT; Germ. "betrayal") is a powerful Wesen organization established in 1945 that serves the seven royal houses (the Seven Houses) whose goal is to maintain stability within the Wesen world. Renard's Explanation: The Verrat was created by the royal families in 1945 to defend them. It was originally composed of veterans of both sides in World War II. All were Wesen; most were Hundjägers.

Verrat Tatoo ........................Hundjäger

Laufer - (LOW-fər; Germ. Läufer "runner") or Resistance is a movement of Wesen who oppose the Verrat.
~It's unknown when the Laufer was first founded, but the Grimm's first became aware of them during the Second World War, when the Verrat infiltrated the Spanish army and monarchy during Franco's regime and began mass executions of Wesen suspected of being in the organization.
~The Laufer are also hostile to the Grimms due to the latter's tendency to work as mercenaries for the Seven Royal Houses and the Verrat, under the belief that they share the same goal of enforcing order among the Wesen. The members are unaware of the fact that the Grimms and the Verrat are only allies by convenience.

The Wesen Council - is a group of Wesen that govern Wesen Law. The most severe law they enforce is the Gesetzbuch Ehrenkodex, also known as the Code of Swabia, which is the most important law of honor Wesen have. Part of the law in the Council says it is forbidden to use their Wesen side to disadvantage humans. They are willing to kill in order to maintain and enforce the Code, and because of that, some Wesen, namely Monroe, frown upon their harsh and brutal methods of maintaining secrecy
~Rosalee Calvert, whose father, George Calvert, and brother, Freddy Calvert, had served the Council, specifically asked Monroe if he had told Nick Burkhardt about it. He said that he had not, but later told Nick.
~Sean Renard had direct access to head of the Council, De Groot, by email, suggesting a link between them and the Laufer Resistance.

Source material: Grimm Wiki
Old 06-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt
icon by
Impossible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:24 PM
MST Manager

Sure thing.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Thanks for the new !
oxalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:24 PM
MST Manager

You're welcome!
Old 07-09-2016, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

A few tweets from a summer workshop Jim and Lynn Kouf were at :

https://twitter.com/TCWritersSeries/with_replies
Old 07-09-2016, 04:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the tweets
icon by
Old 07-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

David said that Grimm is either back in late October or in January 2017, they don't know yet but filming starts in 2 weeks.
icon by
Old 07-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

I thought they already said at the upfront it would be back in October. Did it change ?
Old 07-15-2016, 02:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

They don't know yet. The Video is on Davids Facebookpage. It could be the October Date.
icon by
Old 01-03-2017, 08:35 AM
MST Manager

Just bumping this up, in case people want to discuss other seasons for the show.

The Final Chapter for our beloved show starts this Friday.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the bump
icon by
Old 01-05-2017, 09:27 AM
MST Manager

Sure.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

I have a question. Did we ever found out who killed Nicks Mom? I know it wasn't Juliette (the writers and Bitsie confirmed that).
icon by
Old 02-22-2017, 12:27 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Girl (View Post)
I have a question. Did we ever found out who killed Nicks Mom? I know it wasn't Juliette (the writers and Bitsie confirmed that).
Actually, I do not remember. Is she really dead?