Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Tarzan (The Legend of Tarzan) #3 - You are Lord of the Apes, King of the Jungle, Tarzan!

Welcome to the Tarzan Appreciation Thread!!

Quote:
So the WB Tarzan adaptation is going to be directed by David Yates, who also directed the four darkest (and therefore my personal favorite) parts of the Harry Potter series. And that is an all-righty news.

But then we have Alexander Skarsgard and Margot Robbie, both of them undoubtedly omnipotent charmers, to be the leads. And this is already a “fangtastic” news.

And then we have the heavy artillery put to the project in the face of one-time Oscar nominee Samuel L. Jackson and two-time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz. And this simply rules!

But now they have added also the two-time Oscar nominee big gun Djimon Hounsou. So now we can just say that this is gradually shaping to be a first class cast for a first class movie.
++

Quote:
Margot Robbie revealed some details about the new adaptation of Tarzan, in which she has been cast as Jane Porter. "It’s a slightly different take on the traditional Tarzan story. It takes place later on, it’s not really finding Tarzan in the jungle. It’s a great action adventure love story," she said. Samuel L. Jackson will also appear in Tarzan with True Blood actor Alexander Skarsgard starring in the main role.

Robbie told reporters about how imposing Skarsgard is in person. "Yeah, he’s really big, I look like a hobbit next to him. And we were doing camera tests the other day and my fingertips were literally at his kneecaps and I was like … oh my God. Yeah, he’s really big," she said.

Source
++

Summary
Quote:
Tarzan, having acclimated to life in London, is called back to his former home in the jungle to investigate the activities at a mining encampment.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

There was a lot of pictures and stuff missing in the OP, so I will have to work on filling it in more with gifs and stuff later.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trailer! We'll have to put shirtless pic in there

And TFTNT!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt
Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Your welcome Jenn and Connie!

Totally Jenn I am going to put the shirtless picture in my photobucket and then put it in the OP, being whenever we take stuff from tumblr to put in OPs, then the pictures or gifs end up vanishing randomly.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah..it's weird when it does that

I'll try and help too!
Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

That is why we are such awesome comods!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

We are! I just gotta remember to not be lazy
Old 01-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Me toooooooo And I gotta find the pictures again.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Alexander Skarsgård is in the March 2016 issue of TOTAL FILM (UK) for the #LegendofTarzan

Sources: ISSUU, Total Film, photographer: Jonathan Olley, my digital scan

“It was very exhausting,” admits Alexander Skarsgård of his latest role – Tarzan. “It was eight months, with prep, all in all. It was really intense. A phenomenal experience.”

In what is clearly the True Blood star’s largest role to date, he relished the chance to slip into the loin cloth in this latest live-action adventure inspired by the work of Edgar Rice Burroughs. “I was so intrigued by that character and this take on a very classic story.”

Directed by Harry Potter veteran David Yates, The Legend of Tarzan sets its story years after its protagonist has left the jungles of Africa to make a nice life in 1880s London as John Clayton III – AKA Lord Greystroke – with his wife Jane (Margot Robbie). But when he returns to the Congo as a trade emissary for parliament, Clayton gradually “reverts back to a more animalistic state” as the call of the wild takes hold.

Co-starring Samuel L. Jackson as real-life figure George Washington Williams, the film also features Christoph Waltz, fresh from SPECTRE and here playing Captain Leon Rom, Tarzan’s nemesis when he returns to jungle habitat. “I’ve never experienced anything like it,” says Waltz, who was wowed when he saw the sets at Leavesden Studios – 200 yards long, with real trees, running water and vegetation. “That was almost like old-school filmmaking.”

While Yates and his team shot the 3D film with elements of greenscreen and CGI, as well as real-life footage filmed in Gabon in West Africa, Skarsgård was also impressed by what he saw. “I didn’t know what it would be like when you do a big movie like that. Are they going to micromanage you? Are they going to be nervous if you want to change one word? But if something wasn’t working we would play around with it. It was so alive and so organic.”

The Legend of Tarzan opens this summer. (July 1, 2016 in the US)
x
Old 01-16-2016, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Can't get over that pic.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Warrior (View Post)
Can't get over that pic.
It is the best shirtless picture I have seen of him.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

OHhh..thanks for posting! I finally got a chance to read it! And it make sme more anxious for the movie.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Me too. I love how excited he is for this movie!