Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Episode 11.21 "Good News For Almost Everyone" Discussion Thread

Good New For Almost Everyone

Eric (Stephen Collins) and Annie (Catherine Hicks) rush to the hospital after Eric wakes up with a good feeling about his heart condition.

Unsure whether her parents are at the hospital due to good news or bad news, Lucy (Beverley Mitchell) is a bundle of nerves, and it's up to Kevin (George Stults) to keep her thinking positively as they wait for news.

T-Bone (Colton James) and Ruthie (Mackenzie Rosman) decide to get back together, but Martin (Tyler Hoechlin) hopes to change Ruthie's mind when he reveals that he's in love with her as well.

Nikolas & Lorenzo Brino and Haylie Duff also star. Keith Truesdell directed the episode written by Brenda Hampton.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, when the season is over, Martin decides to reveal his feelings for Ruthie? Why didn't he do that a long time ago?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Fifteen minutes in and this episode is already sucking more than last week. Of course, written by Brenda, and back to true boring 7th Heaven form. BRING BACK THE NEW BLOOD! (even though i doubt they will since next week's is last and I'm sure Brenda wanted to write that one herself.)

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Extreme Fan

this is killing me. MARTIN! geez why couldn't he have revealed this SOONER?! I'm so annoyed with him and this show.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am so BEYOND annoyed with this show. I mean, yeah horray Eric is fine, but did that have to take up the entire ep?!

Martin broke my heart. Obviously he and Sandy came to the conclusion that they were never meant to be together, and the all the time that Martin and Ruthie "spent" (that we didn't see) together made him realize these feelings that he has had for her, and of course we don't get a response. Damn Brenda. Is Tyler even IN the finale?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he is listed in the finale!

I really hope that Ruthie decides to be with him! Its what most of the fans want! JEEZ. grrrrrrr.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
You make me happy
when this show's lame.
You'll never know dear,
how lame this show is.
But please don't take
my lame show away.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykayelle (View Post)
You are my sunshine,
my only sunshine.
You make me happy
when this show's lame.
You'll never know dear,
how lame this show is.
But please don't take
my lame show away.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Old 05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

bahahhaaha ^

The show was ultra cheesey tonight, and honestly i didnt really like any of it but the ruthie/martin scenes.

^ PLEASE pick martin. Dayum.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Absolute Fan

It comes in like a thief in the night, Martin&Ruthie. Just when I think the entire episode is going to be devoted to Eric, there in lies the mysterious conversation Martin has and I'm thinking... He can't be. It's impossible that he would be thinking... wanting to tell Ruthie, WHAT!?! And then bam! He's cornered her at the hospital and professing all but he's undying love. I was completely sucked in, taken by his every word. But again I ask why and how? To make this all that more enjoyable there needed to be lead-in and build up. Imagine The O.C.'s Ryan suddenly saying I love you in "The Night Moves", yet barely seeing Taylor and him interact prior in the season.

None-the-less, having now gone this far, I'd be more angry if they didn't take this all the way, and instead ended her up with T-bone. It either has to be all or nothing. I'd rather see her alone or moving on to something fresh rather than her end up with T-bone.

The rest of the episode I wouldn't of minded if it hadn't been so overpowering. But it was a tad silly. There had to have been a better way to bring us to the glory that Eric recieved the miracle of healing.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

See, now, I think she picks Martin because T-Bone has the "get out of GlenOak free card already" with his roadtripping father. Why stay with someone who's leaving when the guy you pined over for maybe years says he wants you? Don't be stupid Ruthie, please. You're supposed to be the smart one. Don't let us down.

ETA: But I think we are all overlooking something very important. Did Eric hint to the congregation that he wanted to leave the church? mean, the RV we saw in the preview for next week. Yeah. Unless if that's just Annie's answer to that. Who's voice was it saying that they should take the family to see the country? Hrm.
If at the end of all this Eric decides to leave the church, or even take a "hiatus" of his own, I have to admit that I'll be seriously upset. They can't end it like that! He's supposed to be there forever!

Last edited by kaykayelle; 05-07-2007 at 01:45 PM
Old 05-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I will be so mad if Ruthie doesn't pick Martin. I mean it's about time!

The whole singing thing and all that really annoyed me. I mean, I thought it would never end.

Only thing I really wanted to happen that didn't was when Martin was confessing his feelings to Ruthie, I kept screaming for him to say "I love you!" which is totally random and sudden but who cares?!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykayelle (View Post)
See, now, I think she picks Martin because T-Bone has the "get out of GlenOak free card already" with his roadtripping father. Why stay with someone who's leaving when the guy you pined over for maybe years says he wants you? Don't be stupid Ruthie, please. You're supposed to be the smart one. Don't let us down.

ETA: But I think we are all overlooking something very important. Did Eric hint to the congregation that he wanted to leave the church? mean, the RV we saw in the preview for next week. Yeah. Unless if that's just Annie's answer to that. Who's voice was it saying that they should take the family to see the country? Hrm.
If at the end of all this Eric decides to leave the church, or even take a "hiatus" of his own, I have to admit that I'll be seriously upset. They can't end it like that! He's supposed to be there forever!
Well I hadn't seen the promo but I got a leaving Glenoak vibe for sure. It makes sense for them to be leaving in a RV. Taking the church to the road or simply retiring. Plus, they could easily homeschool the kids on the road too. I wouldn't mind this out in the least. Yes, Glenoak Community church is Eric. But he has to retire at somepoint. Oddly I wouldn't feel betrayed if he left the church.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Martin/Ruthie

She better choose him!!!