Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

but if she had done that, thousands of innocent people had died. i mean sure she could have conquered everything, but for which prize? i liked that she didn't do that in the end. i totally would love her to kill the Lannisters, but too many people would have died in that process.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

5x02 The House of Black and White

What do you think is the best line/s of dialogue from the episode?
Who do you find the most sympathetic character in the episode?
Have your feelings changed re: the episode from when you first watched it? If so, how?
Other opinions?

EC | ADC

Old 04-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
but if she had done that, thousands of innocent people had died. i mean sure she could have conquered everything, but for which prize? i liked that she didn't do that in the end. i totally would love her to kill the Lannisters, but too many people would have died in that process.
Well every war had collateral damage, the brits and americans killed hundred of thousands innocent germans in the last 1-2 years of WW2, but it was necessary to break the german military's fighting will. Well this is a fantasy show, but the process is the same, either you stay away from war and conquering and stick to dragonstone as your home (in dany's case) or your go for the war, but then you'll have a lot of blood at your hands.

Btw I'm thinking that euron is actually worse than ramsey for example, ramsey was a saddistic psychopath like euron, but he had a purpose, a goal, being the king in the north. Euron on the other hand just wants to kill for fun and see the world burn.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

that's of course true - but i am glad Dany didn't do it (just yet). maybe there is another way with less collateral damage.

Euron is very dangerous. i think he and Cersei will be the main human villains next season (not counting the night king in right now).
Old 04-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
that's of course true - but i am glad Dany didn't do it (just yet). maybe there is another way with less collateral damage.

Euron is very dangerous. i think he and Cersei will be the main human villains next season (not counting the night king in right now).
I think if they attack kings landing they shouldn't do it with the remaining dragon(s), bc they will have many sorpions all along the walls of the city. It would be better if dany flys with the dragons to destroy euron's fleet and in the meantime dothraki, unsullied, plus the remaining knights of the north and the vale attack westeros on land. they will have to fight the remaining lannsiter soldiers and the golden company but i think they can win it in a last big battle. And maybe they can find a way to have a small team enter the city and the red keep and kill cersei and euron and the mountain.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

a good plan actually. i am very curious to find out if and how they attack KL in season 8.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hello, Braavos! Honestly, it is/was cool just to get a new setting.

Sansa, again choosing NOT to ally with someone who would probably genuinely help her, and choosing Baelish instead. (The monster she knows, versus the monsters she doesn't.) Even though it makes sense, it's still so sad and frustrating, because just think of all the pain and suffering she could have spared herself had she chosen differently...

"You've never made anything better." (Cersei to Jaime) Oof. She hits him hard, over and over, in S4 and now S5, and he just takes it. Come to think of it, was she ever nice to him? I'm curious what their relationship was like before the start of the series... They've sort of been in crisis the whole time we've known them...And so begins the rise of Cersei... Heaven help us all. (Another entertaining Small Council meeting, though!)

As much as I don't think Ellaria's anger at Myrcella is in any way justified, I also cannot imagine ever getting over seeing my beloved murdered in the way that Oberyn was. So... yeah. I get where she's coming from, even if I think she's wrong to aim it at Myrcella.

"You have no idea what people will do. All your books, and you still don't know." (Selyse to Shireen) Ugggghhhh the foreshadowing hurts...

Drogon always comes when Mommy really needs help. (But then takes off again? Wtf, Drogon? Sigh.) Her council meeting was also entertaining but after season 4 it comes off repeating itself
Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

ah you watched too

ah poor Sansa....maybe she needed the last bit of pin and suffering from the Boltons in order to become who she is in seasons 6 and 7. but i wished she didn't have to go through all this what is about to come. as if KL wasn't worse enough for her. but i think she needed that last betrayal for Baelish to truly fulfill her character.

also i like to think that Drogon was checking up on her (after being attacked by the crowds). and after seeing that she was okay, heads out to do his iso thing.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah her time in the Eryie helped show hat she had grown some but the scene of her building Winterfell in he Snow shows us that she hasn't grown up enough to be an independent character. At that point things still were working out for her despite the (mainly two) ****ty people in her life.

Haha yeah basically I think you're right

"Mom, you good? Cool, love you, byeeeeee!"
Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

also now thinking about the Shireen scene..it is a strong foreshadowing that Shireen will be burned alive because of what Gilly says and what her mother says to Shireen and also what her father Stannis talks about at the beginning of the next scene.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Baratheons are really disgusting people (except Shireen of course)
Old 04-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i never liked them - already starting with Robert Baratheon. buuuuut Renly was cool and Gendry too. the only two male Baratheons i like.

all in all the episode was okay-ish imo.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oops I forgot about them
Old 04-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

in the end Renly didn't play a big role sadly and i wonder what a role Gendry will play or if he will become somehow important again.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)

"You've never made anything better." (Cersei to Jaime) Oof. She hits him hard, over and over, in S4 and now S5, and he just takes it. Come to think of it, was she ever nice to him? I'm curious what their relationship was like before the start of the series... They've sort of been in crisis the whole time we've known them...And so begins the rise of Cersei... Heaven help us all. (Another entertaining Small Council meeting, though!)
I reckon there was always lots of hits back and forth between Cersei and Jamie, they're both very entitled, self-centred, and headstrong. Things haven't ever really worked out as they wanted, but they're still drawn together even as she becomes ever more bitter while he becomes ever more jaded.

Besides I agree with you guys about this episode. And I found it a bit underwhelming to be honest.