Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2019, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes this was another example of fallibility of Stark 'honor'. Heroes aren't useful if they're dead.

EC | ADC

Old 02-28-2019, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Robb needed to find a way to discipline Lord Karstark without losing the loyalty of the Karstark men. Give him a choice, take the black, or be imprisoned until the end of the war at which time he will be tried. If Karstark chooses the wall, that's an honourable way for him to live out his days despite his crime. If he chooses trial, you win the war with the Karstarks behind you, then chances are he will be sentenced to death anyway. If you lose the war, it doesn't matter.

Robb needed to make an example of Karstark, he just chose the wrong way and time to do so.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
It might have been a mistake but in his mind he did the right thing because he considered the murder of the hostages a traitorous act, as it was a direct order from Robb that they were to be remained as hostages (alive). He believed that traitors have to be punished. Prison would still be cleverer though
PLus he also deemed his mother's actions as traitorous and yet he just imprisoned her and didn't cut of her head.

Quote:
Robb needed to find a way to discipline Lord Karstark without losing the loyalty of the Karstark men. Give him a choice, take the black, or be imprisoned until the end of the war at which time he will be tried. If Karstark chooses the wall, that's an honourable way for him to live out his days despite his crime. If he chooses trial, you win the war with the Karstarks behind you, then chances are he will be sentenced to death anyway. If you lose the war, it doesn't matter.

Robb needed to make an example of Karstark, he just chose the wrong way and time to do so.
Yes exactly, I tend to think that Jon is a better king in the north than robb was, even if he "knows nothing" lol.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I still prefer Dany as Queen
Old 02-28-2019, 11:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Exactly! Although, I think Robb was already angry at Karstark for what he said about his wife and killing the Lannister boys gave Robb a reason to get rid of him. So... basically, I think he thought with the wrong head.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it's a tough situation and all in all i really loved Robb and was so sad when he died
Old 03-01-2019, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am behind Season 3 but the Moments I remember the best are Dany in 3x04 and the Red Wedding of course,
Fan Forum Legend

yes those two were the big moments.
Fan Forum Star

I'd like to think about 3x04 more. And I will definitely re-watch that one
Fan Forum Legend

i'll watch 3x03 today.
Fan Forum Star

Have fun
Old 03-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

just watched it. i was loving this funeral tradition, but was also thinking, damn, that's a lot to ask of an archer. like, i know it's meant to show that Cat's brother is kind of dumb, but it's also just not an easy thing to do!!

the look Varys shoots at Tyrion when Littlefinger brings up (as he ALWAYS brings up) that he grew up with Cat and is in her good favor. it's a little weird now to see Martin Lannister, knowing that he'll grow up to become Tommen

Stannis trying to get it on with Melisandre - and her face when she rejects him - is pretty pity-inducing.

but then damn honestly, Dany's game-face while she listens to them insult her is so impressive. as is Missandei's diplomatic translating-on-the-fly. loved this so much!

also lol at the legend of Podrick is born

Theon being in this shtty place. yeah don't really want to talk about that.

Jaime did a good thing, and gets punished. even though he is kind of awful (less so as the series continues, but at this point, still pretty awful) my heart broke for him here.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Rob should've know that someone like walder frey would not just accept robbs oath break with a simple apology. It was a trap pretty clearly. He's should've never gone there.

Also lord bolton allowing brienne and jaime to go to kings landing is surely already part of the deal the boltons made with the lannisters.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

true facts. anyways i really enjoy season 3.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jaime's journey was one the most exciting in season 3. The turning point when everyone started to feel with him.

It's sad to see Robb making mistakes and having to pay for it by the end

Dany's scenes are all amazing and so good - compared to season 2. This is a highlight season for her!

EC | ADC

Closed Thread   Post New Thread