Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Yes, they definitely have to stay true and faithful to the initial story. No need to add new scene or rewrite anything.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 09-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i guess this will no movie for teenagers since Will and Lou are much more grown up.
but guys, a movie is always changing things from the book. that's just how it works.

feeling a bit better now after i finished the book yesterday but i'm still thinking about it. this material doesn't go out of my head easily.

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched a documentary about assisted suicide/Dignitas a couple of years ago, it's super interesting and I thought I'd share here on this thread: Dignitas - Documentary

Tina....

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i guess this will no movie for teenagers since Will and Lou are much more grown up.
but guys, a movie is always changing things from the book. that's just how it works.

feeling a bit better now after i finished the book yesterday but i'm still thinking about it. this material doesn't go out of my head easily.

Spoiler:
I disagree. TFIOS was almost as truthful as the book.

As for the ending....while I would have wanted to see them happy together, and I genuinely believe that Lou could have been enough and could have change his way of seeing things with more time, I also understand where Will is coming from. To be honest, in Will's shoes, I'd probably would have wanted the same thing. He was a quadriplegic who couldn't move his legs or arms, he was assisted days and nights, he became a shadow of his older self stuck in a wheelchair. It wasn't living anymore, it was surviving. Yeah, I understand his choice.

He did one amazing thing before going, he changed Lou's life forever and made her want to finally live her life to the fullest.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 09-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i just guessed, haven't read TFIOS and only saw the movie.

i'm with you guys, i think the end was alright and what Will wanted. even if i thought he'll maybe change his mind. he changed Lou's life forever and she changed his life as well, making the 6 months something special for him. omg i think i'll start crying again…
Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

By the way the OP looks stunning!

EC | ADC

Old 09-15-2014, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yes it does thanks Tar!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Somehow I knew she couldn't change his mind because he is so stubborn and secondly he was in pain most of his wheelchair-time. I can understand Will's decision and didn't like how Lou's mum reacted in the end. However in my imagination they make peace with each other when some time passed.

What Will did for Lou and the other way around was heartbreakingly beautiful. That's why I don't call this book only depressing, it's as depressing as it is beautiful to read.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I don't know....there were times when I was like "oh yeah Lou, keep it up, you're doing so good right now.". Like during the wedding scene, the dinner at her house and some other moments...even the beach scene until the very end. Then there were times when I had zero hope, when I felt like Will was dead set decided and nothing in the world could have changed his mind, which is what happened at the end.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 09-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
By the way the OP looks stunning!
Yes, OP looks amazing.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I don't know....there were times when I was like "oh yeah Lou, keep it up, you're doing so good right now.". Like during the wedding scene, the dinner at her house and some other moments...even the beach scene until the very end. Then there were times when I had zero hope, when I felt like Will was dead set decided and nothing in the world could have changed his mind, which is what happened at the end.
I agree, I went back and forth in what Will was thinking/what his decision would be. I think in the back of my mind I knew the answer but there were moments where you felt hope.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i somehow was very confident that he will change his mind which made everything hurting even more for me
Old 09-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I AM DEAD

Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin reading as Lou and Will for Me Before You (X)
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i am dying with you
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Their first picture together!!! Can't breath!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread