Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ice & Fire (Jon ♥ Daenerys) #16: Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice.

source

Supporters
1. NOLA504
2. one thousand ways
3. cap'n cook
4. King of Cool
5. L i N d $ @ y
6. Maud&Danny
7. LxieGrey
8. powerfully
9. fire for a heart
10. Queen of Babble
11. Natasha Romanoff
12. DanceWithLife
13. ღfaithfully
14. haydensgirl
15. {Melody}
16. calls me home
17. kornelia444
18. baelfire24
19. science girlfriend
20. MysteryXX
21. Arawen
22. Iquitefancyyou
23. Movies
24. Loki92
25. KeepThisaSecret
26. **confessa
27. sourburst
28. Nici Dawson
29. Jon_Robb66
30. NC621
31. shippers11
32. Sbujer0
33. TheSensibleOne
34. V-Nessa
35. *Dark_Angel*4eva
36. Agraiel
37. Ellfoy

x
Honorary Shipper's
1.Emilia Clarke
2.Kit Harington
3.Sophie Turner
4.Richard Madden

Title Suggestions:
Because they chose each other to marry on shag, marry and kill question.
Because both have a good and gentle heart.

Former Threads:
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14

Last edited by Heda_Khaleesi; 10-30-2016 at 06:49 AM
Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt
Old 09-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

you're welcome
Old 09-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bringing the conversation from last thread over here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow (View Post)
So you believe this has happy ending then? Good to know because this ain't gonna happen thanks to George. That's not his style. We would be lucky to get them together as marriage, eventually love and that is. This has tragedy love written all over it and George loves this. Like Rhaegar and Lyanna. Marriage, love, having babies and rulling is just what we want but doubt very much such ending is planned.

As Ramsay said: "if you think this has happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

If riding a dragon is a proof. Then people might believe him but otherwise no. There will be people doubting him but only one maers and that is Daenerys.

Btw Dany believes she can't have children and remains to be seen if she can. This waas pointed out many times over the course of the show.

George wasn't happy with the way of they dealt with Jon's resurrection and his demise. The show version was cheap.

Jaime is no longer Kingsguard. Relieved by Tommen. Period.

You know that Targaryens, Rhaegar or Aerys are not popular in the North and that matters. I rest my case here because once truth is out, some people won't be happy. I mean SOME not all. These people are bunch of sheeps. Not everything is unicorns and rainbows. Besides Jon's conflict is another issue and what he would felt. Is he Stark, Targaryen. What it maters to him? Howland Reed could've been there but again is word against word. One word of one Lord and boy who is 3ER. You need more than that to convince others. But really no point of this debating since you have your own ideas and I have mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSensibleOne (View Post)
GRRM said his saga will have a bittersweet ending (like LOTR), so it won't be all doom and gloom. That said, I agree that Dany and Jon marrying, having children and ruling together seems a little bit too "neat" and perfect, especially when it's GRRM we're talking about. I also think that Jon might not want to marry Dany once he finds out she's his aunt. And, Dany, though more of a Targaryen, might not want to continue the family tradition of marrying close family members either.

Why wouldn't they? I imagine they will have a "but of course, why didn't I see it before?" moment: Ned, the honorable to a fault, who would never cheat on his wife type coming back with a bastard baby and his sister's body (who was allegedly raped and kidnapped by the "evil" Rhaegar). All the pieces will fall into place. Plus Howland Reed could back up Bran's story,he was there therefore a credible witness and what reason would he have to lie about it? Or Bran and Jon for that matter? Like you said, Rhaegar and the Targaryens aren't exactly popular in the North. I agree with you that the reveal of Jon's true parentage could cause some tension/problems with the Northeners but there probably won't be much time to digest this new info, because they'll have bigger fish to fry - the White Walkers. They'll have to set their reservations aside and ultimately, will fight beside him. As for Jon, finding out who his real parents are is going to turn his whole world upside down. It's not going to be pretty. Poor guy. I'm looking forward to seeing how he's going to react. When all is said and done he'll still feel more a Stark I imagine. I do think he will be the endgame ruler because of who his biological father was though.

I actually don't believe Jon will be riding any dragons. I just can't picture it to be honest. I suspect Dany will be the only one - like in the Battle for Mereen.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 09-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Idea of Jon riding adragon seems I don't know kind out of place. Somebody needs to lead them from the ground and be general. Who is more fitting than Jon? Also Dany seemed pretty good at controlling all three dragons.

It won't be doom and gloom. Everybody dead, White Walkers win.

That being said marriage will happen as it was foreshadowed. Also George mentioned aunt/nephew marriage in TWOIAF Q&A I think. There never been any marriages between aunt and nephew in Targaryen In TWOIAF book. Love probably too and it's time to do it. If chemistry is there and writting is good. Dany and Drogo fall in love in two episodes, Jon and Ygritte too.

Here George talks about incst between Targaryens and mentions aunt/nephew marriage. -> https://youtu.be/Vcy-EhkHXnE?t=1649

I'd say Jon will be conflicted by his feelings for her because she's his aunt. Might not even want to tell her if they went this route. You know angsty Jon is the best Jon. In the original outline Jon and Arya were conflicted by their feelings once his parentage was revealed. They can use this for Jon and Dany, Especially for him, since Targaryens are used to this tradition and Jon might not be. He grew up in the North and while they did incest too as cousin/cousin marriage. Not on the scale of Targaryens.

I think this is where LF strikes. His parentage could be perfect for him to use. Howland and Bran has no reason to lie but still they need proof he's really their son. So George better hide some clues to it. Just their word is not enough. Crypts maybe?

Jon will be King becaue of his actions and not because he's Rhaegar's son. This is what his story is about. He overcomes stigma of being bastard and earns things by his own actions and on merit. That's how he became LC and KITN. People pushed him into it, choose him as the best option. Not because someone else gave him just like that because he's someone elses son. It was contributing factor In KITN speech but not deciding one for sure. If he's King at the end and he'll earn it thanks to his actions.

I suspect being Rhaegar's son it has something to do with PTWP/AAR prophecy and there is a video in youtube that both of them could be part of this as Jon and Dany. Like Yin and Yang only together they can defeat them. Certainly thier paralells, journeys and how they are as characters seems to fit this theory too well.

Also Bran's visions were about White Walkers and fight against them. Jon's parentage is somehow involved and anybody noticed bleeding star and bed full of blood. Just like in the prophecy AAR was supposed to be born under bleeding star. Dawn Dayne's ancestrial sword was forged from a fallen star. Subtle foreshadowing of him being part of prophecy on this show. It seems to destiny for them to fight white walkers together and win against them.

Last edited by KingCrow; 09-11-2016 at 11:53 AM
Old 09-12-2016, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i think a lot of foreshadowings already hinted to Dany/Jon marriage. and that's exactly what will happen i believe. they will surely marry before the big fight to form an alliance and then strike and defeat the white walkers. at least that's how i imagine things.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds a bit like a happy ending. GRRM said it would be bittersweet. Only he knows what he means by this and D&D of course.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Jon and Dany make most sense but she did mentioned alliances and that's more than one. Since they mentiond YMBQ prophecy. Dany will cast Cersei down and take everything she holds dear and she holds dear two things power and Jaime.

Since they tried to hammer that Mad King was evil person and Jaime was basically right. Dany will forgive him and also Tyrion would vouch for him. Jaime saved him. So what if she takes not one but two husbands as Aegon Conqueror did. She is often compared to him.

Only options for her that make somehow sense but Jon is most likely best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i think a lot of foreshadowings already hinted to Dany/Jon marriage. and that's exactly what will happen i believe. they will surely marry before the big fight to form an alliance and then strike and defeat the white walkers. at least that's how i imagine things.
I wouldn't say a lot of foreshadowing because only one is that Dany break up with Daario and Jon was voted KITN in the episode. Logical conclusion is their marriage. Since other options have lesser chances. What by a lot of foreshadowings do you mean? Which scenes?
Old 09-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kit and Emilia will both attend the Emmys. Looking forward to some new pictures. Feels like ages that we got new pictures with the two of them.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Sounds a bit like a happy ending. GRRM said it would be bittersweet. Only he knows what he means by this and D&D of course.
Doesn't sound like a happy ending at all. Getting together (and it WILL happen) doesn't mean everything is gonna run smooth. You have to look at the bigger picture here. I also think it's sorta foolish to say that Jon and Dany getting together is either too cliché or just obvious. It's really not.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 09-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

welcome back here Maud&Danny

everyone expects them to meet and it will happen. question is if they will get along with each other or not?
Old 09-15-2016, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I looove the gifset in the OP

and I know that photoshoot, but I never knew there was one of them ksising

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We freaked out the day we got that kissing pic

EC | ADC

Old 09-16-2016, 12:11 AM