Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2018, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm wishing them all the best
Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really not worried about them betraying each other or anything like that.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Neither am I. Instead of creating a mess with Jon and Dany fighting over the Throne, the better version would be that with the reveal of Jon's true family Dany realizes that the Throne she always believed she wanted is a metaphore for a family and a home. She always wanted a place where she belonged. The quote from season 7 in Dragonstone "this does not feel like home" is a proof for that.
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. She always thought her home is on Dragonstone. But she was wrong. Now she thinks if she is !ueen and in KL it would feel right. But I think everyone knows that this is not true. And that's what Daenerys needs to realize. She already has a family with Jon and the Starks now.
Fan Forum Star

Besides, Jon already bent the knee to Daenerys as her queen (which makes his claim to the throne non existing). Him betraying her and demanding the throne is simply against his character.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just as much as Dany turning evil would be.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Neither am I. Instead of creating a mess with Jon and Dany fighting over the Throne, the better version would be that with the reveal of Jon's true family Dany realizes that the Throne she always believed she wanted is a metaphore for a family and a home. She always wanted a place where she belonged. The quote from season 7 in Dragonstone "this does not feel like home" is a proof for that.
I think this is a valid point, even in the books she longs for "home" and keeps imagining a place from her childhood where she felt happy.

And yeah with 6 episodes there isn't time for Dany and Jon to fully turn on eachother and also defeat the Night King, as well as Jon never really having sought to be in power but just having it pushed on him, I don't see him fighting for the throne against Dany purely because of his parentage. If both are alive at the end, one isn't going to rule without the other by their side.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
I did ship them some time before
I shipped them individually before rather than as couple.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
I think this is a valid point, even in the books she longs for "home" and keeps imagining a place from her childhood where she felt happy.

And yeah with 6 episodes there isn't time for Dany and Jon to fully turn on eachother and also defeat the Night King, as well as Jon never really having sought to be in power but just having it pushed on him, I don't see him fighting for the throne against Dany purely because of his parentage. If both are alive at the end, one isn't going to rule without the other by their side.
yes exactly, there is no time for any of those fan theories with evil!Dany or either of them betraying their partner.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree and I really don't think season 8 of Game of Thrones has enough time to give us a mad Dany while they have to deliver us proper dialogue between these many characters who never met before (Dany x everyone) and long battles; There are at least 2 battles (White Walker battle and Cersei battle) and each will definitely be an episode long. There might even be on against Euron or the battles are longer so you only have a maximum of 4 episodes left to create a reasonable dark!Dany plotline while also including everything above. And yes I say reasonable because season 7 did NOT end with Dany burning people, it ended with her agreeing to destroy the Night King, traveling North to save Westeros, crying over Viserion and talking to Jon about her doubts (deserving the thrones).
Old 12-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with everything being said here
Old 12-07-2018, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Jon and Dany are something else and there is no way they will betray each other.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

exactly this
Old 12-09-2018, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am so excited what season 8 brings us.

EC | ADC

Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

It must be good. I just can't imagine GOT being done afterwards. There was always a new season to look forward too, so far.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread