Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes of course ! But I don't think we will see it as much since there is no main character here, just a few shots. Well except for the final because I think the Wall is going to go down in the final.

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 12-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke in Seville, november 6.
credit: Dorothy was right, though!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Doesn't look like Emilia.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not sure how you can tell if its not her...but if it is cool pic very chilled and relaxed. I need to go to Spain looks like a beautiful country
Old 12-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Color of hair for example. Cool pic though. Spain is a gorgeous country.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow (View Post)
Doesn't look like Emilia.
i wasn't sure either. the source says it's Emilia but it can be anyone. at least we know that's Kit for sure
Old 12-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
I really hope they both will survive in the end and get the Iron Throne but I think that won't happen because of one reason. It's too obvious (?) and sounds like too much of a happy end for a show like Game of Thrones.
The problem with the fans of this show is everybody is looking for a big twist in every aspect of the story. Who ends up together at the end has to be a surprise. Who sits on the Iron Throne has to be a surprise. Who survives the War of the Dawn has to be a surprise. That wouldn't be good writing at all. Because if the story is going to have any consistency certain things will have to line up. At some point the writers have to show their hand. The writers can't just show the audience one thing then go in the opposite direction simply for shock value. That would be horrible writing.

Will Jon and Dany survive the War? I think it's a strong possibility they will. Will Jon and Dany get married and have little Jonerys? I think that is a strong possibility. If these things happen will that make it a happy ending? Not at all. See most people judge the ending based off of what happens at the very end of the story while disregarding what happen up til that point. Westros is a war torn country with most of the nobility and tens of thousands of men killed in the War of the Five Kings. House Baratheon has been practically wiped out. The Tyrells have been wiped out. Mist if the Lannisters are dead. Most of the Tullys are dead. House Arryn is holding on barely. The Greyjoy line will most likely be wiped out since Theon can no longer produce an heir. That's not to mention the devastation these wars have caused the common people. The wildlings are loaded most of their people to the Night King. Do you honestly believe Jon and Dany finding happiness with each other removed all the devastation and loss they had to endure in their personal lives? Does it change all of the devastation and loss the rest of Westros had to endure? Everybody will leave this final conflict with the Night King with scars. That is what a bittersweet ending is all about. If Jon or Dany dies the ending would be tragic, not bittersweet.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ you are very right and well written. i guess i have nothing more to add, i agree
Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

I completely agree with you. I perfer something so called predictable but which makes sense story wise, that something unexpected which only happens for shock value.
Same thought on the bittersweet ending. We already have the bitter part and all the mains characters are kind of broken so there's no ending which can be considered a happy ending.
For me, Jon and Dany makes sense storywise. And I think that Dany is going to die because I can see it in her storyline (The conquerer who try to regain her throne but cared too much about people to not stop and help them in the way. And finally, never got that throne because she ended caring more about the people that the throne) and because of foreshadowing.

Icon by Sarah

Old 12-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i wasn't sure either. the source says it's Emilia but it can be anyone. at least we know that's Kit for sure
Emilia is hard to spot. Kit is easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
I completely agree with you. I perfer something so called predictable but which makes sense story wise, that something unexpected which only happens for shock value.
Same thought on the bittersweet ending. We already have the bitter part and all the mains characters are kind of broken so there's no ending which can be considered a happy ending.
For me, Jon and Dany makes sense storywise. And I think that Dany is going to die because I can see it in her storyline (The conquerer who try to regain her throne but cared too much about people to not stop and help them in the way. And finally, never got that throne because she ended caring more about the people that the throne) and because of foreshadowing.
They do things on the show for shock value.

The reason why I think one of Jon or Dany will die. House of the Undying strongly hinted at her death against what is coming from Beyond the Wal and thus reuniting her with Drogo and Rhaego.

Jon on the other hand was resurrected and can't see George letting him live after it. Whole purpose is to defat white walkers, once this is done Jon might die for real.Not many people would expect it. Beric died and will in both mediums, LSH is not on the show but will die in the books. Speaking of resurrection Kit and George were dissapointed with this. Lack of Jon becoming a darker character, which leads me to this that Jon will become much darker in the books.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I agree with you.

I expected Jon to be resurrected with more consequences and the aim being to defeat the WW or to bring peace. I also think we will have a darker Jon in the books. He already is. Show!Jon is so naive and nice when Book 5 !Jon is much more cunning and grey.

As for Dany, I take The House of the Undying and the prophecy of the maegi to forshadow her death.

Icon by Sarah

Old 12-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow (View Post)
Emilia is hard to spot. Kit is easier.

They do things on the show for shock value.

The reason why I think one of Jon or Dany will die. House of the Undying strongly hinted at her death against what is coming from Beyond the Wal and thus reuniting her with Drogo and Rhaego.

Jon on the other hand was resurrected and can't see George letting him live after it. Whole purpose is to defat white walkers, once this is done Jon might die for real.Not many people would expect it. Beric died and will in both mediums, LSH is not on the show but will die in the books. Speaking of resurrection Kit and George were dissapointed with this. Lack of Jon becoming a darker character, which leads me to this that Jon will become much darker in the books.
I disagree due to Maggie the Frog's prophecy. Daenerys will sit on the Iron Throne. Mirru's prophecy is more of a foreshadowing than the House if the Undying. I think the House of the Undying vision had nothing to do with her death. I never did. It was a symbolic reference of Jon Snow similar to what GRRM did in the books with the blue rose growing out of the ice. But to honest I don't think it was a foreshadowing or symbolic of anything. The House of the Undying in the books was vastly different from the show. In the books that scene was filled with prophecies and foreshadowing. On the show I got a totally different feel. It was more about the warlocks trying to temp Daenerys with the Iron Throne and her family. Now it could have some symbolic meaning. You could be absolutely right. But I don't think you are.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i actually couldn't see a foreshadowing to Dany's death in the House of Undying. what i saw was Dany being tested by Pyat Pree with Drogo and her dragons and the iron throne. i think she was behind the wall and in the icy throne hall because she will be there in season 7. that was the foreshadowing i saw. Dany will fight against the WW and get the iron throne. at least that's my interpretation.

and i also believe Maggy the Frog meant Dany as the more beautiful Queen who will rule. it was always Dany to me. i also thought it could be Margaery and in season 7 i was convinced it was meant to be Margaery but she is dead now (RIP her still i liked her). then it could be Sansa still? but i think it's Dany.

i don't want either Jon nor Dany to die of course. but if i had to make a guess i'd say Jon dies because he was resurrected for one aim: his task is not over yet. his battle goes on. and then he has fulfilled his duty and might die. i can imagine this more than Dany dying. but what i can imagine very well is one of her dragons dying. i can't see them all surviving. maybe just one will survive?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

winterfellsrose: Some say the world will end in...
Old 12-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i actually couldn't see a foreshadowing to Dany's death in the House of Undying. what i saw was Dany being tested by Pyat Pree with Drogo and her dragons and the iron throne. i think she was behind the wall and in the icy throne hall because she will be there in season 7. that was the foreshadowing i saw. Dany will fight against the WW and get the iron throne. at least that's my interpretation.

and i also believe Maggy the Frog meant Dany as the more beautiful Queen who will rule. it was always Dany to me. i also thought it could be Margaery and in season 7 i was convinced it was meant to be Margaery but she is dead now (RIP her still i liked her). then it could be Sansa still? but i think it's Dany.

i don't want either Jon nor Dany to die of course. but if i had to make a guess i'd say Jon dies because he was resurrected for one aim: his task is not over yet. his battle goes on. and then he has fulfilled his duty and might die. i can imagine this more than Dany dying. but what i can imagine very well is one of her dragons dying. i can't see them all surviving. maybe just one will survive?
The thing about House of the Undying. She entered two key places throne room and Beyond the Wall. Means fight for the Iron Throne qnd White Walkers. She almost touched the iron Throne but turned her head towards the real danger, symbolizing she'll be close to it but never reach it. It's not her destiny ... that is fight against the white walkers. Always been her destiny.

Seeing Drogo and Rhaego, as he said he might not enter afterlife without her. Common interpretation is that she'll die Beyond the Wall and join them in the afterlife.

Spoiler:

Not all of them will survive but chances of Jon dying are there. He was resurrected for one purpose. What comes after is anyone's guess. So Dany might survive with their child. It's a popular theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippers11 (View Post)
I disagree due to Maggie the Frog's prophecy. Daenerys will sit on the Iron Throne. Mirru's prophecy is more of a foreshadowing than the House if the Undying. I think the House of the Undying vision had nothing to do with her death. I never did. It was a symbolic reference of Jon Snow similar to what GRRM did in the books with the blue rose growing out of the ice. But to honest I don't think it was a foreshadowing or symbolic of anything. The House of the Undying in the books was vastly different from the show. In the books that scene was filled with prophecies and foreshadowing. On the show I got a totally different feel. It was more about the warlocks trying to temp Daenerys with the Iron Throne and her family. Now it could have some symbolic meaning. You could be absolutely right. But I don't think you are.
Spoiler:

Last edited by KingCrow; 12-08-2016 at 06:26 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread