Fan Forum Legend

i'm glad that we got a lot of Kit/Emilia stuff at the Emmys
Old 09-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes this time we mustn't complain

EC | ADC

Old 09-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

happy fandom here now they just need to meet in the show.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

smile because it happened.

EC | ADC

Old 09-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Such great manips!
Old 09-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbujer0 (View Post)
Ever heard of wishful thinking??? Why won't you let me be happy but yeah next season will be all alliances and ousting Cersei and preparing for the white walker fight for season 8
We all wish for some intimate scenes with them but you really have to look at them as characters. They're not going to jump straight into bed after meeting each other. Maybe two episodes of them interacting in next season and rest in season 8 makes most sense. They're just not that kind of characters and we have story to go through with LF, Cersei and Euron as their enemies.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow (View Post)
Idea of Jon riding adragon seems I don't know kind out of place. Somebody needs to lead them from the ground and be general. Who is more fitting than Jon? Also Dany seemed pretty good at controlling all three dragons.

It won't be doom and gloom. Everybody dead, White Walkers win.

That being said marriage will happen as it was foreshadowed. Also George mentioned aunt/nephew marriage in TWOIAF Q&A I think. There never been any marriages between aunt and nephew in Targaryen In TWOIAF book. Love probably too and it's time to do it. If chemistry is there and writting is good. Dany and Drogo fall in love in two episodes, Jon and Ygritte too.

Here George talks about incst between Targaryens and mentions aunt/nephew marriage. -> https://youtu.be/Vcy-EhkHXnE?t=1649

I'd say Jon will be conflicted by his feelings for her because she's his aunt. Might not even want to tell her if they went this route. You know angsty Jon is the best Jon. In the original outline Jon and Arya were conflicted by their feelings once his parentage was revealed. They can use this for Jon and Dany, Especially for him, since Targaryens are used to this tradition and Jon might not be. He grew up in the North and while they did incest too as cousin/cousin marriage. Not on the scale of Targaryens.

I think this is where LF strikes. His parentage could be perfect for him to use. Howland and Bran has no reason to lie but still they need proof he's really their son. So George better hide some clues to it. Just their word is not enough. Crypts maybe?

Jon will be King becaue of his actions and not because he's Rhaegar's son. This is what his story is about. He overcomes stigma of being bastard and earns things by his own actions and on merit. That's how he became LC and KITN. People pushed him into it, choose him as the best option. Not because someone else gave him just like that because he's someone elses son. It was contributing factor In KITN speech but not deciding one for sure. If he's King at the end and he'll earn it thanks to his actions.

I suspect being Rhaegar's son it has something to do with PTWP/AAR prophecy and there is a video in youtube that both of them could be part of this as Jon and Dany. Like Yin and Yang only together they can defeat them. Certainly thier paralells, journeys and how they are as characters seems to fit this theory too well.

Also Bran's visions were about White Walkers and fight against them. Jon's parentage is somehow involved and anybody noticed bleeding star and bed full of blood. Just like in the prophecy AAR was supposed to be born under bleeding star. Dawn Dayne's ancestrial sword was forged from a fallen star. Subtle foreshadowing of him being part of prophecy on this show. It seems to destiny for them to fight white walkers together and win against them.
Somebody has to ride her other dragons why not Jon?

To respond to your last post. Jon and Dany are just two characters out of dozens in the world of Ice and Fire. How the other characters stories end will also define the ending. A marriage between Jon and Dany doesn't make the ending happy or bittersweet. It's just part of a much bigger picture.

I don't believe Jon will have any problems with marrying Daenerys due to the fact that there is no stigma when it comes to avunculate marriages. There were two such unions in House Stark. Serena and Sansa Stark both married their uncles. Aunts and nephews marrying are just as acceptable as first cousins marrying. There just not as common because of the likelihood of a huge age gap.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
We all wish for some intimate scenes with them but you really have to look at them as characters. They're not going to jump straight into bed after meeting each other. Maybe two episodes of them interacting in next season and rest in season 8 makes most sense. They're just not that kind of characters and we have story to go through with LF, Cersei and Euron as their enemies.
I don't think it's wishful thinking. According to the spoilers Jon's army will be going to battle with the Lannisters and Freys for Riverrun. Daenerys and her allies will be facing off against Euron and Cersi. After these conflicts have been resolved we'll see a alliance between the King Jon and Queen Daenerys. I think it's a 70% chance that can happen.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippers11 (View Post)
Do her other dragons need riders though? It wasn't necessary during the Battle of Mereen. Besides, maybe at least one of the dragons will die when Dany fights Cersei and company. I agree with King Crow, I think Jon will lead from the ground, and Dany from the air.

As for the spoilers regarding Jon, I don't believe that at all. The Daily Mail isn't a reliable source.
Spoiler:
The North has also just declared themselves independent, Northerners aren't going to care what happens in the rest of Westeros, it isn't their concern anymore.

ETA: love the manips by the way. I chuckled at the third one. Haha..;

Last edited by TheSensibleOne; 09-28-2016 at 03:46 AM
Old 09-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think it's wishful thinking. According to the spoilers Jon's army will be going to battle with the Lannisters and Freys for Riverrun. Daenerys and her allies will be facing off against Euron and Cersi. After these conflicts have been resolved we'll see a alliance between the King Jon and Queen Daenerys. I think it's a 70% chance that can happen.
He was saying intimate things. I meant kissing, bedroom you know what. Alliance might be forged next season at the end. We got story to go throught and bunch of stuff actually. They'll at least meet and that is beyond any doubt. But don't think marriage or intimate things like sharing bedroom will happen next season.

In my scenario meeting, some meaningful conversations and maybe agreeing to marriage. Just understand and sort of getting to know each other on emotional level. Then next season we'll get something more like marriage or rulling, fighting together.

Dailymail put up this but Sue from WOTW reliable and fair site said most likely shooting Winterfell scenes, also Godswood scenes at Saintfield. Interesting towards Bran and Jon's parentage. So no, it's not likely Jon will be moving South to Riverrun. There are things to do in the North wildlings and what do to with them, Karstarks and Umbers. Or you think Jon and Sansa feud will happen while one of them or both are gone? They spend whole season to try to get them capture Winterfell and then leaving. Seems weird to do this.

Robb made a mistake by going South, Ned too. Don't think Jon will make that mistake unless White Walkers force them to do so. He knows, other kingdoms will not believe them because to them White Walkers are only stories. He will do everything to prepare for White Walkers and gather as many men as he could. He could sent envoy but he needs to be King and rule, protect his kingdom which is the North. They declared their independency.

Jon could go South but people won't believe him and he's not gonna fight Cersei Westerlands, Stormlands, Iron Islands and others will probably declare for Cersei. They're not gonna believe Jon and Sansa is even wanted dead by Cersei. Vale is already pact with the North and Riverlands are weak too. Dorne, Reach are for Dany also.

Quote:

To respond to your last post. Jon and Dany are just two characters out of dozens in the world of Ice and Fire. How the other characters stories end will also define the ending. A marriage between Jon and Dany doesn't make the ending happy or bittersweet. It's just part of a much bigger picture.

I don't believe Jon will have any problems with marrying Daenerys due to the fact that there is no stigma when it comes to avunculate marriages. There were two such unions in House Stark. Serena and Sansa Stark both married their uncles. Aunts and nephews marrying are just as acceptable as first cousins marrying. There just not as common because of the likelihood of a huge age gap.
Dany demonstrated at Slaver's Bay ability to control and command three dragons unlike any other Targaryen before. Also she's fireproof in the show.

Somebody needs to lead forces from the ground and who is more capable than Jon? He was groomed for 6 seasons. Numerous battles. Putting him on dragon would a bit kill that progress, also what about Ghost? It's his spiritual animal and let's not forget they're basically like one soul. Even tho they're criminally undersued him on the show. People are so happy to put Jon on a dragon but what about Ghost? Ghost is key to him too. He represents his Stark side.

If Jon and Dany are married, having kids, dragons around them and rulling together. Yes, that smells happy ending. Of course, we got bunch of characters but these two are possibly main ones and it would set a tone for the rest. A lot of people would look out who is sitting on the Iron Throne and judging by that.

Let's say they get married. Then his title KITN is a bit pointless, isn't it? KITN power is in heir independency. Whoever is with Daenerys will always be sort of consort. In the books she's willing to share power or even wants more house with the red dooor more than Iron Throne. It's her duty but on the show she lusts for power. Seems a bit intentional from them to portray her in that light.

Well, cousins are common even in our days. Aunt and nephew is well a bit icky even for Westeros and not that common. But yeah like from this perspective it won't be a problem for people. Especially when you got three dragons and can dictate things.

Last edited by KingCrow; 09-28-2016 at 10:49 AM
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSensibleOne (View Post)
Do her other dragons need riders though? It wasn't necessary during the Battle of Mereen. Besides, maybe at least one of the dragons will die when Dany fights Cersei and company. I agree with King Crow, I think Jon will lead from the ground, and Dany from the air.

As for the spoilers regarding Jon, I don't believe that at all. The Daily Mail isn't a reliable source.
Spoiler:
The North has also just declared themselves independent, Northerners aren't going to care what happens in the rest of Westeros, it isn't their concern anymore.

ETA: love the manips by the way. I chuckled at the third one. Haha..;
Your reasoning is backwards. Of course her dragons need riders. With riders they can effectively cover more ground. The Battle of Mereen was a battle on water where her enemies were stationary. With riders the dragons can attack from multiple positions instead of simply following Daenerys around. Most battle commanders don't fight in the vanguard like Jon has thus far. Stannis was one of the greatest commander in Westros and he never fought on the front lines. Aegon the Conquer was a great warrior but he led his army from the back of his dragon. It's true that he's an excellent commander and a very skilled warrior. Getting a dragon of his own doesn't take away from his arsenal. It only adds to it.

It's true that Daily Mail article could bs. However, the WOTW didn't give an explanation of what the scene was or what it was about. There is no telling. We'll just have to wait and see.

Try to open your mind to the big picture. Do you remember what happen at Hardhome? Tens of thousands of wildlings were slaughtered in a matter of minutes. The North and the Vale don't nowhere near enough men to have any chance of stopping the Night King. Not to mention they don't have the means to kill the WW. Jon has seen first hand the consequences of losing a battle to the Night King. He takes your dead and makes his soldiers. Do you think Jon is stupid enough to engage the Night King with inferior numbers knowing what will happen when they lose? As Jon said the only way to have a chance is if everyone unites. Therefore Jon is going to have to care about Riverrun, Storms End, Dorne, the Reach, the Westerlings, the Iron Islands, KL. They are going to have to care about the Iron Throne because whoever sits on it eillake the difference between a united Westros and a divided one, which will make the difference between life and death. If these were ordinary times the North wouldn't care about what's going on in the South. But with the WW approaching they are going to need the South and vice versa.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Your reasoning is backwards. Of course her dragons need riders. With riders they can effectively cover more ground. The Battle of Mereen was a battle on water where her enemies were stationary. With riders the dragons can attack from multiple positions instead of simply following Daenerys around. Most battle commanders don't fight in the vanguard like Jon has thus far. Stannis was one of the greatest commander in Westros and he never fought on the front lines. Aegon the Conquer was a great warrior but he led his army from the back of his dragon. It's true that he's an excellent commander and a very skilled warrior. Getting a dragon of his own doesn't take away from his arsenal. It only adds to it.
I get your point that the dragons could cover more ground with someone riding them. That is probably true. However, making an assumption that not all the dragons will need riders - which is based on what happened on the show - doesn't make my reasoning "backwards". And this isn't the only reason why I suspect Dany will be the only dragonrider. I can't picture Jon on a dragon since he's more Stark than Targaryen. What's more he seems to me the type of character who would fight alongside his men.

I've also mentioned it's possible at least one of Dany's dragons dies before they face off against the Others. **There's speculation Euron will have an instrument in his possession which would give him controle over the dragons, and one of the actresses said (I don't remember who) something about amazing "dragon stuff" happening in s7. Who knows, perhaps they'll be pitted against each other - I'm guessing Drogon will be the last one left after Cersei/Euron is defeated. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

**Mods, do we have to use spoiler tags here or not? I'm confused.

Quote:
Try to open your mind to the big picture. Do you remember what happen at Hardhome? Tens of thousands of wildlings were slaughtered in a matter of minutes. The North and the Vale don't nowhere near enough men to have any chance of stopping the Night King. Not to mention they don't have the means to kill the WW. Jon has seen first hand the consequences of losing a battle to the Night King. He takes your dead and makes his soldiers. Do you think Jon is stupid enough to engage the Night King with inferior numbers knowing what will happen when they lose? As Jon said the only way to have a chance is if everyone unites. Therefore Jon is going to have to care about Riverrun, Storms End, Dorne, the Reach, the Westerlings, the Iron Islands, KL. They are going to have to care about the Iron Throne because whoever sits on it eillake the difference between a united Westros and a divided one, which will make the difference between life and death. If these were ordinary times the North wouldn't care about what's going on in the South. But with the WW approaching they are going to need the South and vice versa.
I see the big picture, I know Jon will need all the help he can get. I was merely saying that I don't think he'll get involved in battles in the South when he knows they're facing a bigger threat up North. As you correctly pointed out, he needs as many men as possible, won't he lose men if he sends them South? And isn't the North difficult to invade by outsiders or something, so why would they care who ultimately sits on the Iron Throne? No, I think Jon would try to get support through diplomacy and send Sansa and/or Davos rather than get caught up in messy military battles. And like I asked, why would his entire inner circle leave Winterfell? Who's he going to leave in charge? Tormund? Yeah, that sure will go down well with the Northern lords. Plus, we already have LF creating conflict between Jon and Sansa, Jon finding out who his parents are, preparing against the WW, possibly meeting Dany...having Jon and co getting involved in some battle in Riverrun on top of that seems a little too bit much to cram in 7 episodes. We'll see.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
He was saying intimate things. I meant kissing, bedroom you know what. Alliance might be forged next season at the end. We got story to go throught and bunch of stuff actually. They'll at least meet and that is beyond any doubt. But don't think marriage or intimate things like sharing bedroom will happen next season.

In my scenario meeting, some meaningful conversations and maybe agreeing to marriage. Just understand and sort of getting to know each other on emotional level. Then next season we'll get something more like marriage or rulling, fighting together.

Dailymail put up this but Sue from WOTW reliable and fair site said most likely shooting Winterfell scenes, also Godswood scenes at Saintfield. Interesting towards Bran and Jon's parentage. So no, it's not likely Jon will be moving South to Riverrun. There are things to do in the North wildlings and what do to with them, Karstarks and Umbers. Or you think Jon and Sansa feud will happen while one of them or both are gone? They spend whole season to try to get them capture Winterfell and then leaving. Seems weird to do this.

Robb made a mistake by going South, Ned too. Don't think Jon will make that mistake unless White Walkers force them to do so. He knows, other kingdoms will not believe them because to them White Walkers are only stories. He will do everything to prepare for White Walkers and gather as many men as he could. He could sent envoy but he needs to be King and rule, protect his kingdom which is the North. They declared their independency.

Jon could go South but people won't believe him and he's not gonna fight Cersei Westerlands, Stormlands, Iron Islands and others will probably declare for Cersei. They're not gonna believe Jon and Sansa is even wanted dead by Cersei. Vale is already pact with the North and Riverlands are weak too. Dorne, Reach are for Dany also.

Dany demonstrated at Slaver's Bay ability to control and command three dragons unlike any other Targaryen before. Also she's fireproof in the show.

Somebody needs to lead forces from the ground and who is more capable than Jon? He was groomed for 6 seasons. Numerous battles. Putting him on dragon would a bit kill that progress, also what about Ghost? It's his spiritual animal and let's not forget they're basically like one soul. Even tho they're criminally undersued him on the show. People are so happy to put Jon on a dragon but what about Ghost? Ghost is key to him too. He represents his Stark side.

If Jon and Dany are married, having kids, dragons around them and rulling together. Yes, that smells happy ending. Of course, we got bunch of characters but these two are possibly main ones and it would set a tone for the rest. A lot of people would look out who is sitting on the Iron Throne and judging by that.

Let's say they get married. Then his title KITN is a bit pointless, isn't it? KITN power is in heir independency. Whoever is with Daenerys will always be sort of consort. In the books she's willing to share power or even wants more house with the red dooor more than Iron Throne. It's her duty but on the show she lusts for power. Seems a bit intentional from them to portray her in that light.

Well, cousins are common even in our days. Aunt and nephew is well a bit icky even for Westeros and not that common. But yeah like from this perspective it won't be a problem for people. Especially when you got three dragons and can dictate things.
I know exactly what he or she was saying. I'm saying that I believe that it's very possible if not likely. Just like I said last year that Jon would be KITN by the end of season six and you were saying that wasn't going to happen. You said Sansa would be the Queen of the North. You were wrong then and you are wrong now.

I see where you are coming from. But I think you got it backwards. Jon and Dany will get married initially for strictly political reasons. If you think about it Jon is not in a place right now where marriage is a priority. In order to gain a strong ally I think he will be all for it. Dany's motivation for getting married is to form a strong, unbreakable alliance. Once they are married I think we will see them bond emotionally.

The Daily mail might not be wrong. But the WOTW didn't have any information to debunk the DM assertion. They basically just said they don't really know. It could be a scene at Winterfel. Who really knows? Howeverr I do think the DM might be on to something involving the plot even if they are wrong about the scene in question.

You claim that Jon has no reason to go south. My question to you is what will Jon do if the WW breach the Wall? Even with the support of the Vale and the North fully mobilized they would still be outnumbered by the Night King's forces by tens of thousands. If they lose the entire North is loss and that includes every man, woman, and child. If they don't take the Neck everyone will be trapped in the North. At the moment Jon needs more men and more resources. He's not going to get that laying low at Winterfel. If Jon doesn't take Riverrun they are basically all doomed. If Jon wants support he has to get involved in this new conflict. The North has their independence once again. In order to survive they need the support of the entire realm.

What about the wildlings? Aren't they Jon's ally? What about House Kastark and House Umber? They are going to bend the knee to Jon or be destroyed. I think they will have no choice but to pledge fealty. These things have absolutely nothing to do with any of my valid points. Sansa will try to undermine Jon's rule and she do that from anywhere. The point is Jon has many valid reasons to head south. You haven't given any real logical reason why he shouldn't head south but,"they fought all season to get back Winterfel. It's weird for them to leave it." Which is in no a valid reason not destroy a common enemy and form an alliance with Daenerys.

As I have already explained, the dragons are hell of a lot more effective with riders. Only a complete buffoon would argue against that. Jon acquiring a dragon only elevates his talents. Aegon Targaryen led his army from the air, not on the ground. Jon doesn't have to be on the ground to lead his army even though I fully expect a one on one showdown with him and the Night King.

If avunculate marriages are so icky then why would Cregan Stark marry his granddaughters to his sons? Where is your evidence that aunt and nephew marriages are looked down upon in Westros? Basically you're just making assertions with no evidence to support them. I told you why they are not as common. Even today a ain't and nephew can get married legally in many countries and the world including New York state.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I know exactly what he or she was saying. I'm saying that I believe that it's very possible if not likely. Just like I said last year that Jon would be KITN by the end of season six and you were saying that wasn't going to happen. You said Sansa would be the Queen of the North. You were wrong then and you are wrong now.

I see where you are coming from. But I think you got it backwards. Jon and Dany will get married initially for strictly political reasons. If you think about it Jon is not in a place right now where marriage is a priority. In order to gain a strong ally I think he will be all for it. Dany's motivation for getting married is to form a strong, unbreakable alliance. Once they are married I think we will see them bond emotionally.

The Daily mail might not be wrong. But the WOTW didn't have any information to debunk the DM assertion. They basically just said they don't really know. It could be a scene at Winterfel. Who really knows? Howeverr I do think the DM might be on to something involving the plot even if they are wrong about the scene in question.

You claim that Jon has no reason to go south. My question to you is what will Jon do if the WW breach the Wall? Even with the support of the Vale and the North fully mobilized they would still be outnumbered by the Night King's forces by tens of thousands. If they lose the entire North is loss and that includes every man, woman, and child. If they don't take the Neck everyone will be trapped in the North. At the moment Jon needs more men and more resources. He's not going to get that laying low at Winterfel. If Jon doesn't take Riverrun they are basically all doomed. If Jon wants support he has to get involved in this new conflict. The North has their independence once again. In order to survive they need the support of the entire realm.

What about the wildlings? Aren't they Jon's ally? What about House Kastark and House Umber? They are going to bend the knee to Jon or be destroyed. I think they will have no choice but to pledge fealty. These things have absolutely nothing to do with any of my valid points. Sansa will try to undermine Jon's rule and she do that from anywhere. The point is Jon has many valid reasons to head south. You haven't given any real logical reason why he shouldn't head south but,"they fought all season to get back Winterfel. It's weird for them to leave it." Which is in no a valid reason not destroy a common enemy and form an alliance with Daenerys.

As I have already explained, the dragons are hell of a lot more effective with riders. Only a complete buffoon would argue against that. Jon acquiring a dragon only elevates his talents. Aegon Targaryen led his army from the air, not on the ground. Jon doesn't have to be on the ground to lead his army even though I fully expect a one on one showdown with him and the Night King.

If avunculate marriages are so icky then why would Cregan Stark marry his granddaughters to his sons? Where is your evidence that aunt and nephew marriages are looked down upon in Westros? Basically you're just making assertions with no evidence to support them. I told you why they are not as common. Even today a ain't and nephew can get married legally in many countries and the world including New York state.
I said it would make sense given this was season for ladies. Cersei, Dany, Ellaria and Yara taking control. You see the pattern, but I also said given that Robb probably made Jon his heir in the books, they could twist it but I was given more chances to Sansa purely based on how show was described, advertised and how it was through the season of women taking control.

Just because I was wrong in this, doesn't mean I am wrong on this one. Different subject and like I said Jon and Dany are not type of characters to jump into bed with someone they barely know. Even she got to know Daario before they engage in intimate relationship. Really don't like your attitude here.

Of´course first it will be political marriage but like I said befoe jumping to bed or doing this or that. They'd get to know each other. Wedding preparations takes time and it won't be meeting, marriage, bedroom in space of two episodes. Just like their relationship won't be unicorns and rainbows because beauty of GOT it's in complicated relationships. If it would be I love you, you're hot from straight beginning, it would be boring. Tension yes, but not pushing too much. It needs to be organic and natural. They'll clash because both of them have different mindset, personality and characters. Not like actual fight but more like clash of minds. This is why we have Tyrion to manage them.

DailyMail is known for bull**** reports where as WOTW is proven reliable. Also mistaking Podrick for Gendry does not add to their reliability. So trusting more WOTW than them. Everybody who knows these site would tell you the same. Sue year after year brings fresh news about cast and locations. Also what to ćome next for our characters.

Jon could send envoy and this is what Kings and Queens do. Common practice and he's got people capable of it. Covered that. He just doesn't have to go there in person to convice this or that lord. Meeting Dany towards end of season 7 yes. Especially if she claims Iron Throne. Riverlands is questionable. I'll give you that. But going KL, Dragonstone, Dorne, Reach like futher than RIverlands can't see it given what we know so far.

If you think Jon will get involved in war in the South like literally marching down with armies leaving North exposed,, well what else to say. Given what showrunners said we're in for three way fight between Jon, Sansa and LF. You need all these characters in one place and they spend whole season to get them there and then separating them or so? Also Bran is going South to find Jon. It's what showrunners said and implied we'll see two main conflicts in the North and South. For more info asked them.

Wildlings are not liked in the North. No matter how Jon is liked, he needs to establish them in the North population. Yes, they fought in the BOTB but centuries of conflicts just won't go away. Even in the books Jon spend a time to arrange marriage alliance to fit them in the North. It was Sigornand Alys Karstak. We got casting news about the North involving numerous characters laying key role in high stake scenes. Same might happen in the show. Jon as KITN needs to adress this, Umbers, Karstarks,

Jon spend years of fighting wars in more realistic manner. Dany used magical element, witt and cunning. Jon fought with his heart going through real war struggle of every day soldier. Just him on dragon and you eliminate that. I don't how else to described to you, so you can understand that. Even his resurrection is more nuanced, subtle and more realistic compare to Dany. They're different in many aspects and like Yin and Yang. Dany is compared to Aegon if anyone. Words from GRRM. Also mentioned Nymeria and Henry Tudor but that's for another debate. Jon on the groung and Dany in the air makes perfect combination of coordinating forces. Both of them doing what they've been groomed and destined to do.

And yes, someone needs to led forces from the ground. He was groomed for it since day 1. Don't forget about Ghost. Since you're so eager to get Jon on dragon. Ghost represent his Stark side who is important too. He's not going to run around without his companion because in the books their bond is as strong as Dany and Drogon. Perhaps even stronger one might argue.

Watch some GRRM interviews. Cousin/cousin is more common but this debate is pointless since even if they were brother and sister. Dany got three dragons and Targaryens did everything they wanted when back in the day when they had dragons. This is like nunclear weapon in Westerosi world.

We simply see things differently as you know. After our last debate few weeks back, I said to myself we should avoid any kind of debate because we're not going to agree. I answered you but we should probably leave it at that. We're just be going back and forth. I respect your opinion and you might be right in the end. We'll see.

Last edited by KingCrow; 09-29-2016 at 03:49 AM
Old 09-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just waiting for some spoiler pictures which can tell us hopefully more how and when Jon and Dany will meet this season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread