Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2020, 04:27 AM
Extreme Fan

IIRC: Mad Targaryens:

Maegor the Cruel
Baelor (although his madness was more crazy religious and starving himself)
Prince Rhaegel (barely heard of him, wiki says he was reported to dance around naked in public)
Prince Aerion
Aerys II
Viserys

That's 6, in over 300 hears of rule. Also funny they are all men, there's not really any "mad" female Targaryens before they forced it onto Dany,

Nobody thinks Aegon 1 was mad for some reason, even though he burned down way more with his sister wives.
Kinky-Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Maybe we'll get to see aegon burn down those annoying westerosi in the spin-off series.
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Maybe we'll get to see aegon burn down those annoying westerosi in the spin-off series.
That'd be pretty awesome, it might convince me to give the series a glance Aegon's story is a finished one too so lesser chance of sUbVeRtInG eXpEcTaTiOnS. Funny how GOT ended up making me hate nearly everyone except Dany.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
That'd be pretty awesome, it might convince me to give the series a glance Aegon's story is a finished one too so lesser chance of sUbVeRtInG eXpEcTaTiOnS. Funny how GOT ended up making me hate nearly everyone except Dany.
This, very much.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I second that!

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Indeed, they wrote it in a way to make people hate dany, but the majority loved her even more and sort of loved her burning down kings landing. I certainly enjoyed that fiery grill party.

Btw this is great.

Last edited by Arrakis; 01-31-2020 at 05:04 PM
Old 02-01-2020, 06:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I feel like a terrible person but I wanted Dany to burn down everything, I wanted her to fly back to Winterfell and toast it. IRL of course I wouldn't support the loss of civilian lives, but TV show wise S8 had made the majority of the cast so brain dead and awful that I wanted most of them to die. I was angry for Dany being called "mad" for being sad at a party where she was being ignored, Jon was getting praise for her actions, and she'd lost Jorah. Everyone in the North was being ridiculously rude even after she'd been a major part in saving all their lives, but Dany was the "mad" one, even said by characters who had done similar things to her in the past without being turned into a villain. So when they forced the evil turn fully I was done with everyone and wished most of the characters got BBQ'd too.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all, this art is amazing and EXACTLY what we would have deserved and the characters would have deserved - but it was too happy ending meme for D&D and today's TV is only about shock value

And I am with you guys. I disliked majority of the characters by the end of season 8. I wouldn't have shed a tear about any of them dying. Funny how we can say this now. The past seasons were so emotional. Robb, Hodor, just to name a few. And now, season 8 was...not emotional at all since I started to dislike them all.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
I feel like a terrible person but I wanted Dany to burn down everything, I wanted her to fly back to Winterfell and toast it. IRL of course I wouldn't support the loss of civilian lives, but TV show wise S8 had made the majority of the cast so brain dead and awful that I wanted most of them to die. I was angry for Dany being called "mad" for being sad at a party where she was being ignored, Jon was getting praise for her actions, and she'd lost Jorah. Everyone in the North was being ridiculously rude even after she'd been a major part in saving all their lives, but Dany was the "mad" one, even said by characters who had done similar things to her in the past without being turned into a villain. So when they forced the evil turn fully I was done with everyone and wished most of the characters got BBQ'd too.
Same my thought was, girl, just get on drogon and and fly from one castle to the next, start with casterly rock and move up north till winterfell and burn down every single castle. Just leave, high garden, sunspear and the iron islands untouched.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

She helped the Northerners against the big war and this is what she got: only betrayal. Burning everything down would have been logic and I wouldn't have blamed her for that.
Loki92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:13 AM
Extreme Fan

I wanted her to torch Tyrion, Sansa, Bran, S8 Jon (like a different character to the previous seasons), Arya for being smug hypocritical brats. I was pretty indifferent to Bran but the others are characters I genuinely liked before S8 (Tyrion was getting a bit weird by S7 with his 21st century morals ignoring the stuff he'd done himself in earlier seasons).

And everyone else got a ridiculously "good" ending (Jon's is debatable) where they got everything they wanted handed to them, even when it made absolutely no sense plot-wise.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I loved these characters so much and in the end I ended up being mad at almost all of them.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
I wanted her to torch Tyrion, Sansa, Bran, S8 Jon (like a different character to the previous seasons), Arya for being smug hypocritical brats. I was pretty indifferent to Bran but the others are characters I genuinely liked before S8 (Tyrion was getting a bit weird by S7 with his 21st century morals ignoring the stuff he'd done himself in earlier seasons).

And everyone else got a ridiculously "good" ending (Jon's is debatable) where they got everything they wanted handed to them, even when it made absolutely no sense plot-wise.
I mean if they really wanted to subvert expectations they also could've ended the show with dany being an evil queen that kills off all other characters lol, still better than what we got.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
I mean if they really wanted to subvert expectations they also could've ended the show with dany being an evil queen that kills off all other characters lol, still better than what we got.
i really also would have preferred that ending.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i really also would have preferred that ending.
We'd have still supported even a mad dany on the throne.
Reply   Post New Thread