Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2021, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

since GOT destroyed every strong female character and got a backlash, i do think the new show runner of this spin off is very well aware of it and the chances are good that the show will do the exact opposite and be much aware of feminism now. at least that's my theory.

yes it sucks how women are still portrayed on tv (and handled in real life). i see improvements over the years also when it comes to LGBT representation but then again shows like GOT manage to ruin that achievement in one single season.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
since GOT destroyed every strong female character and got a backlash, i do think the new show runner of this spin off is very well aware of it and the chances are good that the show will do the exact opposite and be much aware of feminism now. at least that's my theory.

yes it sucks how women are still portrayed on tv (and handled in real life). i see improvements over the years also when it comes to LGBT representation but then again shows like GOT manage to ruin that achievement in one single season.
It does make me feel better that D&D are not involved, they seem to be really bad at writing female characters in particular. GRRM is better but I still am worried about his intended endings. I hate how
Spoiler:
but if other female characters have different types of story arcs to balance it out it *may* get my interest.

I am so tired of the typical female character tropes and can only imagine how frustrating LGTBQ and POC stereotypes in media are to these people too, at best case they are boring and predictable. Treat these characters like developed people ffs.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I will just watch without any expectations tbh.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Yes me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)

I am so tired of the typical female character tropes and can only imagine how frustrating LGTBQ and POC stereotypes in media are to these people too, at best case they are boring and predictable. Treat these characters like developed people ffs.
Hell yes this! I instantly hope things will get better in the following years to come.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Emilia set the bar too ****ing high...on a closer look those don't really look like the Targaryens I imagined

First official House of the Dragon stills released! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

EC | ADC

Old 05-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yeah i am also not too impressed now i admit. but i am sure the acting is good.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Old 05-05-2021, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Emilia set the bar too ****ing high...on a closer look those don't really look like the Targaryens I imagined

First official House of the Dragon stills released! | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary
Exactly what I'm saying too. I'm sure the actors are talented, but tbh for such roles you just kinda need actors/actresses that are attractive as well. These two aren't. They just don't look like targs.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Expectation

The Reality

Okay joking aside. I don't want to call them "ugly" or bash on thw actors because that's not the case. They are just really not how I imagined House Targaryen.

EC | ADC

Old 05-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes that kinda hits it, but charlize and henry are pretty hot.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Henry in his Witcher costume would have been my dream cast for Rhaegar
Old 05-07-2021, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

D&D backstabbed GRRM to go make Star Wars, and I see House of The Dragon as GRRM's chance to do things his way this time. A second chance at making his vision a reality. I know a lot of people are ****ting on HOTD right now, but... GoT season 1 got the exact same treatment. Everyone LOOOST their mind over the lack of purple eyes and Daenerys' age. This is literally the same complaints all over again and we can all agree the first few seasons of GoT were pretty good. House of the Dragon deserves a chance in my opinion. So personally I will be watching. It may be good, it may not be, but I will not measure a show by its wigs.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I do kinda agree with you. However I still have more negative feelings towards the spin off but my problem is rather with how GOT ended and I have a difficult time separating those two.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I try to stay open minded
Old 05-07-2021, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Haha I am glad it wasn't just me who felt this. Rhaenyra's dress looks like a costume to me and her face is washed out in that wig making her look older. This is not a jab at the actress, she looks her age and much prettier in her normal pictures. This is a character who is meant to be very beautiful even if a little heavier after having children, so while being pretty isn't everything she isn't how I imagined her here.

As for Daemon, it's that Viserys wig back again, resurrected more times than Beric Dondarion.

Maybe we'll get some better pics.

I also agree that Henry Cavill in his Witcher costume is the closest thing I have seen to how I pictures Rhaegar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
^ I do kinda agree with you. However I still have more negative feelings towards the spin off but my problem is rather with how GOT ended and I have a difficult time separating those two.
Same but I at least would probably enjoy some pretty screencaps from the spinoff.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread