Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2019, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

8x02 - "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" - Episode Discussion (April 21st)

8x02 - "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms"

The battle at Winterfell is approaching. Jaime is confronted with the consequences of the past. A tense interaction between Sansa and Daenerys follows.

EC | ADC

Last edited by Movies; 04-21-2019 at 11:28 PM
Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt.
Agraiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Game of Thrones day!

So funny that we won't get the episode titles before it airs
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy GOT day!

Dany/Jaime will be very interesting!
Old 04-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So exciting! I'm even more hyped than with 8x01

EC | ADC

Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

So many awesome interactions this episode.

The trial scene was intense Dany was ready to kill him with good reason so was Sansa. but Brienne step up.

Loved Sansa telling Dany the North wouldn't bend the knee to anyone again.

Jon tells Dany the truth

Brienne and Tormound had me the whole episode.

one of the best scene was when Jaime knighted her!

Arya/Gendry sleep together

Next week looks so EPIC i'm not ready
Old 04-21-2019, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

omg omg

I guess Arya wanted to try sex before possible death

Daenerys didn't take the news too badly I think. Hopefully they can talk some more later. We actually really need for one of them to get injured in battle so they come face to face with their love for each other.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah it made since for her to want to, since they're at war. and she might not survive plus it's with someone she likes.

Yes. I thought Dany took the news well too. With out much time to process it. Also hearing her say she loves Jon

And the Army of the dead arriving at the end. It's about to go down!
Old 04-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

You can tell she means it
Old 04-21-2019, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i LOVED Sansa/Dany, omg finally becoming something like friends? but Sansa has a good question: what about the north? now i am much more confident that they will find a solution. also happy about the Jorah/Dany scene. he really is and always stays her most trusted friend and advisor. plus we finally got Jorah/Lyanna

Jaime/Brienne was SO GOOD. omg my shipper heart this season gets what it wants. i am happy for Arya/Gendry as well

Sansa/Theon was great too, same as Jon/Tormund!

Dany knowing the truth now too...wished she and Jon had more time to discuss this.

Last edited by Heda_Khaleesi; 04-21-2019 at 10:02 PM
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

So much happened wow. Loved this episode more than 8x02

My guess now: I think Dany will watch Jon fight fot The North, and the Northerners' sacrifice in the war against the white walkers, she will finally understand, and she will finally fight for the North, not just for Jon, and that is the only way Sansa will trust her.

Well I loved the Arya left the grumpy old men and went for Gendry.

Ser Brienne of Tarth!!! Her scenes were outstanding this episode. Loved the knighting of Brienne, and her finally showing off her beautiful smile. Loved the idea of all these little set moments in a play, and the bits of business that are necessary before the action begins. Really quite perfect Almost afraid of next episode
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All in all it was a great episode.

Dany's going to think Jon played her (based on her conversation with Sansa) and Jon is going to think she's power-hungry (based on his conversation with Sam). Like this is obvious, right? The conflict makes sense to me. I know the angst hurts now, but it's what I expected for them going into the battle. To me it still looks like it is being set up to be dealt with in episode 4 while they regroup after the fight.

What Brienne wanted the most was to be a knight. So when she tried to slough it off it was obvious Jaime was going to call her out on it. Beautiful moment. Phenomenal acting from everyone, but especially Nikolaj and Gwendoline; and three magnificent Jaime-Brienne scenes, two of which moved me very much.

Gendry/Arya was cute but loved how she left the two men behind for Gendry
Theon/Sansa, very nice reunion. I wasn't expecting such an emotional reaction from Sansa but this was very nice. Also Sansa/Dany of course, great bonding scene. Her question with the North is a very good one.
I am excited for the battle but I am even more excited what comes AFTER it.

EC | ADC

Old 04-21-2019, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

I just have a few issues with this season:

The NK now rides Viserion, and neither Dany, Jon, Jorah, Tyrion and Varys say a word about it when that should be considered a REALLY BIG PROBLEM in their plans since a dead dragon could kill a lot of people and they didn't expect that at all.

They also are welcomed with the news that part of the wall was turned down and that the NK with his army is now on their side and not a single reaction or deep discussion about it.

Why nobody have asked WTF does Bran know and how he knows those things he tells, and why he can see everything and show them proof about that, specially Dany? We are talking about bringing absolutely all her army here to fight the dead and the NK and just as they arrive there everybody should listen to Bran and follow all what he says without questioning. That alone is disturbing as a viewer. They should have invested at least 5 minutes of Bran talking to Jon, Dany and the clan at least showing some things or telling them some convincing thinks about why they should listen to him.

I know this is a big rant, but I had to say it. Those are the only things I really think are not well done. Other than that I really like everything else, although too much funny parts with Tormund are getting out of place too because this series have always been very serious (and this is the most serious war ever in the show) with some funny parts but very subtle and very occasional. But in this second episode was too much with Tormund, almost every time he was like a joker.

I love everything else, I really do. I love the show but I also really hate the unsolicited and specially unnecessary rushes. They have a lot of time to do it well. These two episodes should have been 120min each to correctly address those points mentioned because they are really important. The only thing I hope is that these are the only ones with those faults. I'd hate to see this great series end with a bad final season. I really don't want that.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

seriesfeak those are very good points and when I think about it I also wished they'd take more time to explain these things. I just think it's really a time issue why they don't do that. The audience knows everything about Bran and of course our characters don't know his journey but it would surely be too time consuming and "boring" if we see him expaining his entire journey to everyone? And besides I think Bran doesn't really to the "talking thing" any more. He is the raven, he is mysterious and he doesn't see the need to explain himself. Does that make any sense?

EC | ADC

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top