Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Spoiler Policy: Please just post everything regarding 8x01 in here and/or in the spoiler thread first and don't spoil the other threads until Monday evening or let's say Tueseday so that everyone who has not a chance to watch will not get spoiled. Thank you very much.

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
because i can't wait and i don't wanna wait
You're sooo impatient
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Loved the episode.

Dany was amazing from her scenes with Jon and the dragon riding lessons. To telling Sam about his dad and brother. the moments between Dany/Sansa were pretty icy. she really has to work to gain the North's trust.

Glad they didn't waste anymore time and Sam tell Jon about his true parents. Can't wait to see when he tells Dany and how that plays out.

Jon/Arya reunion

Jaime seeing Bran
Old 04-14-2019, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

me too, it was genius and i loved every singe bit i saw not surprised Dany isn't getting a warm welcome but i hope we get there soon. and i loved the fact Arya smiled when she saw Dany for the first time! and Gendry too, this was very cute. and then the dragons appeared and Dany and Arya grinned! i hope that at least those two can build up a strong bond.

loved Jon's speech and first time i found Lady Lyanna a bit annoying tbh.

Theon rescuing Yara, hell yeah!

Jon and Dany riding the dragons HELL YEAH and so cute how Dany was even smiling a lot more this episode than any other season. "so keep your queen warm" *kiss* and Drogon is watching you Jon Snow

gotta say i never really shipped Arya/Gendry - until now!

yep they really didn't waste any time and i loved that! Jon knows the truth now... and that final scene between Jaime and Bran was giving me goosebumps!

Last edited by Heda_Khaleesi; 04-14-2019 at 10:01 PM
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was was full of shock, excitement, humor, tension between a few characters, some nudity which again is so typcial but unnecessary and many much awaited character reunions. Followed by the new amazing score by Ramin Djawadi. I loved every bit of it!

Guys I think Cersei lost the baby. She's drinking and when Euron said I'll put a baby in you she teared up didn't she?

EC | ADC

Old 04-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)

Guys I think Cersei lost the baby. She's drinking and when Euron said I'll put a baby in you she teared up didn't she?
now that you are saying it, that makes a lot of sense. now feel bad for not realizing it while watching. i guess i need to watch this scene again!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just assumed so, could be wrong or too much interpreting...Time will tell.

Great opening episode! Arya's reunion with Jon was wonderful, and her reunion with Gendry really well done and brought a smile to my face. No doubt there was some filtration going on there.

I admit I am a bit worried for Dany. First the thing with Sam, and then Jon of course reacting like we all assumed he would after hearing the news. I really hope Jon and Dany can figure this out together.

EC | ADC

Old 04-14-2019, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Theon's mission was significantly more successful than Yara's of him. Good going! And…weirdly easy, honestly.

That's super duper that Arya thinks Sansa is smart. Now if they could just stop TELLING us this, and start SHOWING it, that'd be awesome. I mean it. Make her the smartest person Arya knows. The Tyrion/Sansa scene was kinda weird too.

No Jorah/Lyanna scene? I was hoping for that one.

Cersei demanding of Bronn to kill Jaime - that was probably the mission the actor meant that fans won't like.

I thought the reunions were great and well played. For book readers we have this head canon that the show doesn't always match. I thought Jon-Arya was spot on, and I got everything I needed out of it.

The conflict between the Starks and Dany and the splitting into factions once they find out about Jon is going to be fascinating to watch. Sadly I think either Jon or Dany are about to die.

I really enjoyed the episode, but it did feel a bit rushed. The only sequence that was given enough time was the spectatular dragon-riding sequence.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Let me tell you I am hyped that GOT is back. And I really liked a lot in this episode. Still everything turned out how we predicted it would be. Dany wasn't much welcomed as we could have assumed. Jon was shocked about Sam's reveal, also no surprise. There were very few surprises except Theon rescuing Yara (but that went too easily imo). This isn't by any means something bad, I guess I just expected a bit more from 8x01. But it was a good starter.

Gendry and Arya reuniting was a lot less emotional than I expected it would be but it was still cool, the Hound was a dickhead to her though which is understandable. Arya in general is a lot more agreeable than last season, and apparently she wants Gendry to build her a dragonglass ballista, which is probably meant for Viserion. Also Jons reunions were great, though Bran is still a robot it seems.

I liked the most how Jon and Dany had their dragon getaway and some time for themselves. This was so cute and heartbreaking at the same time cause peace never lasts here. Now I am truly worried for both.

I liked that Dany told Sam about his brother and father, and I like it even more that it actually served a purpose in the story, and Sams reaction was really heartbreaking. I still think it was justified what she did. I just feel bad for Sam, really.

The part towards the ending with Berick, Edd and Tormund was the most exiting part of the episode though. The White Walkers definitely have some reason for invading that isn't just "we want to kill everyone". That sign they made, the circle thing has appeared at least four times throughout the show, once in the pilot, again in season 3, in season 6 during one of Brans visions, and then in this episode. They clearly want something, and I really hope they have a deeper reason than just "we want to kill everything".

Loved the new opening and the ending scene.

I didn't like Euron/Cersei. Is it just me who found them so out of place and unnecessary. And I didn't think she would let him touch her. KL became kinda boring since everyone left
Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
I didn't like Euron/Cersei. Is it just me who found them so out of place and unnecessary. And I didn't think she would let him touch her. KL became kinda boring since everyone left
Same here the whole episode should have just been focused on the North. Their scenes were pretty random/ boring imo.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

does anyone else think that the leader of the Golden Company looks similar to Jaime? i dunno, i feel the same about the KL stuff. felt a bit underwhelming.

and i also thought that saving Yara went way too easy for Theon.

apart from that i am content i guess
Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Actually I still think Cersei is pregnant instead of losing her baby. I was interpreting this scene like she already is pregnant. And tearing up was because Jaime is gone

All in all I really liked the episode! Though I agree that it was a bit rushed at times e.g. Yara/Theon
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, this was a very nice watch too

EC | ADC

Old 04-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

I really hope Dany can prove herself "worthy" to the Northerners but I also think they all forget that SHE is the one helping them and saving their lives and I think they could have shown more respect to Dany. Yes okay they don't know her but being here with an army and dragons is not proof enough?! Don't they all get that a dead army is coming and they are arguing about titles?? Duh.
Loki92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread