Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode for the Dany related scenes

Dany is a queen and knows tough decisions have to be made to stay strong. She wants what is best for her people but as she said to Jon sometimes that means making those hard and ugly choices. She did give them a choice and they chose their own fate.

I am never a fan of Cersei but I do like Jamie. He was trying to tell her that Dany with her dragons and armies they cannot defeat her!

I loved the Dany and Jon scenes they have been a highlight this season! I loved Jon reaching out to Drogon and touching him that showed courage and respect

Jorah is back and loved how happy she was to see him
Old 08-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dany is a queen and knows tough decisions have to be made to stay strong. She wants what is best for her people but as she said to Jon sometimes that means making those hard and ugly choices. She did give them a choice and they chose their own fate.

I am never a fan of Cersei but I do like Jamie. He was trying to tell her that Dany with her dragons and armies they cannot defeat her!

I loved the Dany and Jon scenes they have been a highlight this season! I loved Jon reaching out to Drogon and touching him that showed courage and respect

Jorah is back and loved how happy she was to see him
Old 08-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

if Jaime died, would have Cersei cared?
Old 08-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not in the slightest, at least, personally i don't think so.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Actually personally I think Cersei does care and she loves Jaime. I think she loves power more and if she had to choose she would choose the Kingdom and the Iron Throne over Jaime. But she grieved for Joffrey, Tommen and Mycella. She loved her children. That's why I think she loves the father of her children too. Not as much as her children or the Throne, but I think she does love Jaime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by together for life (View Post)

I see it the same way exactly

And looks like everyone's highlight was the Jorah/Dany reunion scene plus Jon and Drogon

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

I think Arya knows that Littlefinger is trying to play her. Her Faceless Men-sense is tingling big-time. At some point Arya goes undercover as Sansa, seduces Littlefinger and then puts that swanky knife to good use.

What I didn't like. Jamie and Bron surface after, what- maybe a minute or so at most - and there is no sign that there was a battle. Please don't say that the current carried them downstream- not with all that armor on. What a clumsy plot device.

And Jorah still doesn't seem to realize that Jon has his family's sword...but other than that the Dany/Jorah reunion was heart warming. This relationship between Dany and Jorah is very special.

Talking about Dany. I hear the critical voices but I don't agree with them. Dany was justified what she did. I don't even need to explain why, you guys said it already and I agree with you. And I am not sad a bit that Dickon and his father died. They were real dicks last season and trying to make them look sympathetic...no didn't work out. Dany did what she had to do and she later explained to Jon as well. Talking about Jon, him touching Drogon gave me goosebumps. So many foreshadowings this season!

AND ... what was Gilly going on about 'a secret wedding' ... before Sam cut her off???? Gilly reads about a Maester who annulled Rhaegar's wedding and helped him marry "someone else" in secret in Dorne. Could only have been Lyanna Stark. Big foreshadowing here but Sam didn't even listen. I think he and Bran will be the ones who tell Jon.

"Maggy the Frog’s prophecy back when Cersei was a snotty teen said she would have three
kids... Cersei’s pregnancy suggests Maggy might have missed something."

I'm thinking the prophecy refers to three living children, suggesting that Cersei has a miscarriage or dies while pregnant.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Finally!

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha thanks for that
Old 08-15-2017, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back, you can stop rowing now

And great review seriesfeak, good point with everything and over all Cersei and Sam. At this point I think Gilly/Sam and Bran will tell Jon about his parentage.

Cersei and her baby - can't see a future.

And I think Cersei only loves herself. She would grieve for Jaime about a day maybe and then continue with business.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if Tyrion's love for Jaime will affect his loyalty to Dany. I really enjoy Tyrion/Jaime's brotherhood so I hope it won't

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I wonder too. I just wished Jaime would see how sick Cersei is and would join Dany. This way we didn't have to choose and Tyrion wouldn't need to either. The question is would Dany forgive Jaime? I thought she wouldn't forgive him for killing her Father but now I think she is rather pissed that he tried to kill her
Old 08-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawen (View Post)
I wonder if Tyrion's love for Jaime will affect his loyalty to Dany. I really enjoy Tyrion/Jaime's brotherhood so I hope it won't
I hope not
Old 08-15-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i doubt they want to make look Tyrion unsympathetic. and he will look like that if he betrays Dany.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't see that happening either. If someone betrays her it might be Varys
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread