Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't look forward to the battle of Meereen at all. We all know exactly what will happen. Tyrion can't die, Varys is gone and Dany's just going to save the day "cuz Dragons" and her huge rapist army. The only wildcards are the two slaves; either of them could bite the bullet.

Whereas in the North we only know for sure that Jon will not die, he will capture Winterfell and Littlefinger will save the day in typical fashion. There are a lot of people's lives at stake. Davos, Melisandre, Wun Wun, Tormund... I don't even count Rickon because I'm certain he'll be flayed alive.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Actually I'm very excited for both battles. You are right, the major characters won't die but that doesn't mean the battles don't get exciting. Looking forward to some dragon action hopefully.
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracarysGirl (View Post)

The acting was really top notch I think, the interactions between Jaime and Brienne, Brienne and the Blackfish and Jaime and Edmure were great. Also, Pod and Bronn were entertaining.
those were the good scenes yes. i saw some people speculating that the Blackfish isn't dead and it's all a trap but i can't imagine that. i think he is dead sadly. hoped Edmure could have died instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracarysGirl (View Post)
I can't wait for next week, I think I hear that we will get both battles, which sounds amazing.
me neither! but i think we will only get the batte of bastards and Meereen in 6x10.

and even though we know (or we think we know) who'll survive and die i think the battles will be really great.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally watched the episode and I am like most of you guys. The episode had some good parts and some not so good parts.

I liked the Hound, Riverrun and Meereen. I'm glad we got to laugh again during the Meereen scenes. But damn, Dany looked a bit pissed at the end of the episode.

The rest and especially Arya's storyline felt weird for me. A bit too cliché with the whole Lady Crane thing. And I wished we could have seen the fight.
powerfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
Actually I'm very excited for both battles. You are right, the major characters won't die but that doesn't mean the battles don't get exciting. Looking forward to some dragon action hopefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
those were the good scenes yes. i saw some people speculating that the Blackfish isn't dead and it's all a trap but i can't imagine that. i think he is dead sadly. hoped Edmure could have died instead.

me neither! but i think we will only get the batte of bastards and Meereen in 6x10.

and even though we know (or we think we know) who'll survive and die i think the battles will be really great.
I think it will be a very exciting battle with an important outcome that we actually don't know, which is, will Dany burn Meereen to the ground or will she leave a ruling council once she defeats the masters. I think this might be an important reflection of Dany's current state of mind.

It's not just about life or death but also about the consequences of our actions. As we see Tyrion's actions with the masters had a negative repercussion. I also wonder how Dany will react to Tyrion given what is happening in Meereen. I have no doubt he will return to Westeros with her but will she forgive him or will he lose favor in her estimation. These are interesting dynamics for me.

Additionally, if Dany decides to leave Meereen with a ruling council with Grey Worm and Missandei stay there, will Dany part ways with them, that would make me sad. Dany's time in Meereen is not my favorite but I do enjoy her storyline.

Last edited by DracarysGirl; 06-15-2016 at 05:26 AM
DracarysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

What, exactly, is Dany supposed to "forgive" Tyrion for? He's managed to make the entire city rally under her thanks to his alliance with the red priestess. Does anyone think the "Masters" would've attacked any later if he'd told them to f¤ck off and die?

Tyrion made no "mistake". He played the cards he was given to the best of his ability and any other option he'd chosen would've been worse.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It might not be a popular opinion, but i really disliked that they killed off the Blackfish. He goes on that long speak about, as long as he is standing, the war is not over, which is very much in-character for him. He has no intention of giving up the fight against the Lannisters or the Freys, and then they just kill him off. What was the point then of even bringing him back?, if you're not gonna be true to the character. They didn't even use him to show that Jaime has grown as a character. In the books, it is a big deal for Jaime, that he doesn't want to break another oath (he swore to Catelyn to never take up arms against Tullys and Starks again) and when the Blackfish calls him out as an oathbreaker, it prompts Jaime to do everything he can to get the Blackfish to surrender peacefully.

Also, in the books the Blackfish escapes the surrender of Riverrun, by swimming under the portcullis and out of the Castle. Was it really so impossible to have him escape with Brienne and Pod, even if he doesn't go with them to the north?

You don't need to wrap up everything in a nice little bow, it's bordering on lazy storytelling.

My problem with Arya wasn't in this week's episode, i thought it was actually quite alright, the problem was last week, when she walked around like an idiot and got stabbed. She knows that they would be coming after her and that they can be anyone, so why on earth would she walk around like an idiot in the open

And my main problem with Dany arriving in the city before the battle is that it takes away any kind of suspense. Dany has overwhelming numbers just outside, she has Drogon not far away and she can probably safely release the other 2 dragons now and on top of that, she is one of the 3 most important characters. There is no way anything is going to happen to her.

It would have been much better to leave Grey Worm, Tyrion and Missandei in control themselves. They had no idea if Dany would ever return and would have had the opportunity to shine as characters as they fought for their lives, just as much as they fought to defend Dany's city. Again, it's lazy storytelling to throw away such an obvious opportunity.

Together, with 6x06, this was definetely my least favourite episode of the season

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 06-15-2016 at 07:16 AM
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
What, exactly, is Dany supposed to "forgive" Tyrion for? He's managed to make the entire city rally under her thanks to his alliance with the red priestess. Does anyone think the "Masters" would've attacked any later if he'd told them to f¤ck off and die?

Tyrion made no "mistake". He played the cards he was given to the best of his ability and any other option he'd chosen would've been worse.
Tyrion admitted in that very same episode that he had been wrong to trust the masters, the he had made a mistake, he even said he was sorry.

He made a mistake, he trusted the masters and the defenses of the city were lax, thus giving the masters an opportunity to attack and get further into the city had it been in high alert. Had he told the master to ***** off, the city would have been in high alert expecting an attack and would have been able to defend itself better.

The alliance with the red priest, i believe is a sword with no hilt. Varys apprehension I think is very important. We have seen what happens when you make alliances with fanatics, see King's Landing and Cersei.

This season showed the Tyrion was out of his element in Meereen. He didn't understand the slavers like Grey Worm and Missandei do and he doesn't understand what problems will come from making alliances with religious fanatics. These short term rewards will lead to long term disasters.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Where in any episode is it said that the defense of the city was lax? Give me the exact episode and the minute that happens.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Where in any episode is it said that the defense of the city was lax? Give me the exact episode and the minute that happens.
We actually saw that through the two drinking scenes Tyrion had with Misssandei and Grey Worm. They were suppose to show us that he had become complacent in the management of the city, i.e. was bored had nothing better to do. I know this is not obvious to everyone but this is how I read it.

I had already deduce that Tyrion's gambit with the slaver's would backfire as soon as he made the deal with them and Grey Worm ominously warned him that this would backfire, this was reinforced when D&D mentioned in their behind the episode segment that at this point Tyrion was comparable to Lincoln before the war (who had wanted to work out a deal instead of going to war) but eventually was betrayed by the South.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

I think the plan with the priestess was pretty good and convincing. As for the Masters I think Tyrion did his best to save the city. Dany looked very pissed though when she entered the room and Tyrion looked like "oh ****".
Loki92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really wish Varys didn't leave. Love him and Tyrion together. Tyrion seems desperate for friends, going as far to attempt to get Grey Worm and Missandei drunk
powerfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

Tyrion and Varys were such a great team and him leaving is really sad. But I trust in him to find new allies for Dany.
Loki92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)
My problem with Arya wasn't in this week's episode, i thought it was actually quite alright, the problem was last week, when she walked around like an idiot and got stabbed. She knows that they would be coming after her and that they can be anyone, so why on earth would she walk around like an idiot in the open
I think the biggest problem with the Arya scenes is the fact that she got stabbed so easily to begin with (walking around out in the open and unarmed when she knew the faceless men would be after her after she didn’t go through with her job) and that she is running around and jumping out of buildings while recovering from serious stab wounds. It just felt like the end of her whole story line was very sloppily done.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread