Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2016, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some Youtubers speculate that it was very much on purpose that they took out the lights in their fight. It would be the only way that Arya could defeat her. She's been better than Arya all season, when she could see what she was doing

But she's never had practice fighting blind, and Arya have had a lot of practice with fighting blind

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

I expected Daario to enter shortly after Dany, where was he?

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)
Some Youtubers speculate that it was very much on purpose that they took out the lights in their fight. It would be the only way that Arya could defeat her. She's been better than Arya all season, when she could see what she was doing

But she's never had practice fighting blind, and Arya have had a lot of practice with fighting blind
actually this makes sense now Lars
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

We've seen that little blonde bastard beating up on Arya for what, four episodes or something, and they couldn't even let us see it on-screen when Arya showed Needle up her arse? How satisfying.

What this episode proved beyond doubt was that the last episode was really just stupid. Yes, Arya acted totally out of character and just walked around in the daylight taking no precautions booking a trip to Westeros, even though she knew that the Waif was looking to kill her for breaking the contract, and yes, she just got caught completely out guard looking like an idiot.

Then this episode she somehow survives several stabs to the stomach and a healthy swim in a sewer and falling not once but twice, the second in a manner that would have killed an ordinary man, and yet she not only manages to kill the Waif, but when she faces Jaqen she shows no sign of any injuries.

Not to mention Arya's entire seasons-long arc only amounts to some "phase" like a teenager getting into goth music. There's no discernible psychological difference between the Arya that left the Hound for dead and the Arya leaving Jaqen except that now apparently Arya is Super Ninja. This isn't character building, this is character stalling.

Then we have five seconds of Dany who's... yeah, showing up on time looking bad-ass and confident. Never saw that before. It's getting cartoonish.

Then people talk about Jaime "getting somewhere" when in reality everything he does is still just because he "wants to get back to Cersei." His character arc isn't taking him anywhere.

Oh and don't get me started on that bloody promo. "You don't know him", indeed, Sansa? Way to go putting your "brother" down before the most important fight of his life! Newsflash, just because Ramsay likes to flay people alive and he managed to rape you that doesn't make him the greatest military commander and most dangerous man of all time. Does Ramsay Bolton "know" Jon Targaryen? Hell, do you?! But yeah, of course, he's Super Ramsay! If that conversation isn't totally ripped out of context I'll puke. Even so, considering how much this show loves their Deus Ex Machinas I'd bet dollars to donuts that Jon's army will be getting totally massacred and then Littlefinger and the knights of the Vale will show up to save the day, meaning once again Jon loses and only pulls through because of a lucky break, robbing the audience of ninety percent of the emotional satisfaction of the scene.

This was piss poor writing.

Last edited by Telepath; 06-13-2016 at 07:25 AM Reason: Too much hate to be contained in one post
Telepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawen (View Post)
I expected Daario to enter shortly after Dany, where was he?
lol she took that Drogon Taxi. I dont think Daario and the Dothraki are there yet.

Also besides the obvious I can only tell what will be in next episode by looking at Imdb and from what I can tell most storylines anyway :L will be in the episode. I just dont want a 60 minute battle.......in one location? The penultimate episodes seem to always go this way. any ways long story short I AM DANY THRISTY. i have seen her for 30 seconds in going on 3 weeks >.<

Last edited by imansti; 06-13-2016 at 08:43 AM
imansti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

I will have nightmares about the Waif´s grin

Old 06-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh no Julia but her grin is really creepy. even creepier than Ramsay's!

Telepath were there any parts in this episode you enjoyed? i also feel like the first half of season 6 was much better than the second half...but we have 2 amazing episodes to come still.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Actually I didn't much like anything at all except the Hound's scenes because those were good and in character, as shallow as they were, and they advanced his story.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by imansti (View Post)
lol she took that Drogon Taxi. I dont think Daario and the Dothraki are there yet.

Also besides the obvious I can only tell what will be in next episode by looking at Imdb and from what I can tell most storylines anyway :L will be in the episode. I just dont want a 60 minute battle.......in one location? The penultimate episodes seem to always go this way. any ways long story short I AM DANY THRISTY. i have seen her for 30 seconds in going on 3 weeks >.<
She arrived first

I am also Dany thirsty but I guess the battle would be more epic if they do it like 2x09 Blackwater. Just staying at one location. Though we don't have that mayn characters to switch to. Basically just four: Jon, Sansa, Tormund and Ramsay. I wonder if they show the battle the whole episode or cut some scenes in between? Honestly I'd be okay with both versions - I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
Telepath were there any parts in this episode you enjoyed? i also feel like the first half of season 6 was much better than the second half...but we have 2 amazing episodes to come still.
Same here. First half was much better. Not too impressed by the last three episodes BUT they are still good in my opinion. The last two episodes hopefully make a bit up for this one.
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Hound is always a scene stealer.

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i'm so glad he's back
Old 06-14-2016, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

I had no nightmare

Old 06-14-2016, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am in agreement that they should have shown Arya's fight scene with the waif where she finally beat her! That waif did have the creepiest smile

Seeing Dany for 5 seconds was great and I loved her entrance and how happy they were to see her

Grey Worm and Nessandai drinking with Tyrion was so nice to see them relax and smile

The Hound scenes are always good and I had been waiting for Cersei to say those words I choose violence since seeing it in the trailer

Hoping for more Dany, Jon and Sansa scenes in the next episode!
Old 06-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

welcome to the discussion fearlesslyღforever

and i agree with everything you've written
Old 06-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I actually liked this episode, although, it seems that t was polarizing for a lot of people.

The acting was really top notch I think, the interactions between Jaime and Brienne, Brienne and the Blackfish and Jaime and Edmure were great. Also, Pod and Bronn were entertaining.

Cersei in the throne room was absolutely heartbreaking, seeing her only means to win stripped from her hands by her own son was probably the last straw for her. I've never been a big fan of Cersei's but this really made you pitty her.

Arya's scene were generally good. Her interactions with Lady Crane were heartwarming, she hasn't had someone to care for her that way in a long time and it was lovely to see that. Her chasing scene with the Waif was exciting, although, unrealistic to an extent given her injuries. However, unlike a lot of people I liked the way she killed the Waif because it was her only way to do it. The Waif had beaten Arya throughout the season but, Arya had one advantage which was the ability to fight blind. The Waif didn't train that way, the only reason Arya trained that way was because she had broken the rules and had been punish but she used that to her advantage and I liked it. I also liked Jaquen's small smile at the end when Arya announce who she was and where she was going.

Finally, Meereen was a mix. I'm not to keen on joke time. However, we see the beginning of the siege of Meereen which looked spectacular. I knew this would happened because of Grey Worm's warning to Tyrion that the master would not be played, that they were playing now Tyrion. I don't think the battle will be as easy as some think. Dany can't really go around brining the master because she wold then burn the ships, and she needs those ships. Here is where the Greyjoys will be useful to her. Also, the Dothraki are good in land but not in sea. I think it'll be more of a struggle than we might expect.

I can't wait for next week, I think I hear that we will get both battles, which sounds amazing.