Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2016, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agree with you guys. I didn't think it was the 'best' first episode but I enjoyed it.

Just the Sandsnakes...I don't know about them. I just hope their storyline gets better than last season but right now I am not convinced. And I found the death of the fearsome Areo Hotah very weak. Wasn't he supposed to be a great warrior? Also Doran died after having what, 4 scenes in total? I don't want to complain so early, I just hope the Dorne storyline is better handled than last season.

Therefore I already enjoyed all the Theon/Sansa and Greyjoy scenes much more than last season

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Will watch this evening with some Friends
SongIceFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

WTH happened to Melisandre??

Best parts for me were Dany among the Dothraki, Jorah/Daario, Sansa/Theon and the short bit with Tyrion/Varys. I also wonder where the big fire in Meereen came from, at first I thought one of the dragons had somewhat escaped but that´s impossible.

I have changed my mind about Dany being among the Dothrtaki, I think Emilia´s acting abilities come out better here and now I feel rather good about her not being hurt. I still don´t want her to marry another Khal though. I never thought I would say this but they are home for her, she belongs with them.

SO didn´t expect to see Jorah/Daario in this episode, thought we would have to wait until ep. 3. Sorry Daario lovers (again lol) but Jorah clearly outshines Daario in every aspect and there´s no doubt who would win a fight between them. Iain proves just by this small scene that he´s one of the very best actors in the show. Of course Jorah found Dany´s ring

All in all a good first episode, I can see they´re already going with the slaughter of characters.

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawen (View Post)

I have changed my mind about Dany being among the Dothrtaki, I think Emilia´s acting abilities come out better here and now I feel rather good about her not being hurt. I still don´t want her to marry another Khal though. I never thought I would say this but they are home for her, she belongs with them.
wow that coming from you but i agree, i am kind of happy the Dothraki are back, season 1 nostalgia and the new Khal doesn't seem as stupid as i thought he would be.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
wow that coming from you but i agree, i am kind of happy the Dothraki are back, season 1 nostalgia and the new Khal doesn't seem as stupid as i thought he would be.
I think it was more my "dislike" for how her relationship with Khal Drogo was handled and how they see usually see their women (at least in the show, no idea how they do in the books). As long as she doesn´t fall in love with another Khal I´m happy with her being back among them.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Melisandre gets creepier with every episode.

The Dothraki stuff was better than I thought this episode

And no worries Julia. I agree Iain is one of the best actors of the show and he manages to shine although he didn't have much screen time this episode.
But Michiel isn't bad either and I already enjoy their dynamic.

EC | ADC

Old 04-25-2016, 02:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agraiel (View Post)
Did I just saw Gollum on GoT? God damn Melisandre.
That was exactly my first thought after I finished with the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)

Okay where to start? I guess I liked the episode but I think it was a bit more of a build up episode.
The first episodes are always there for building storylines up. I thought it was one of the stronger season premiers. 7 different storylines and they were well paced and didn't seem rushed even though they were short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agraiel (View Post)

Dorne stuff it's a bit disappointing for,the only character I enjoyed from that arc was Oberyn,the rest seem dull.

I'm getting excited about Dany and how she's gonna get the khalasar on her side.I love that she's not even a little bit impressed by their attempts to humiliate/control her.She's really grown as a character.
Dorne was as disappointing as in season 5 for me. I truly love the book Sand Snakes, but Doran deserved much better. They didn't do him justice. Not saying he should never die, but he was so much deeper than what the show made him look. Not to mention those stupid lines like "you need the bad pussy" and "you're such a greedy bitch". Okay to be fair I laughed at the last one but it felt like a line from a The CW show and not HBO.

Agreeing with all of you when it comes to Dany. Her set up with the Dothraki was thrilling to watch and also a little amusing when Dany had to bite back her snappy thoughts. Her looks spoke for themselves.
Jorah/Daario and Tyrion/Varys - I approve. Great scenes.

Sansa/Theon/Brienne, also great to watch. The northern parts were exciting.

Besides the Dorne stuff I liked the scenes in KL the last. Acting of Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is so on point that it doesn't really matter though.

I might have forgotten some parts and will add them later. I'm still very thrilled we have our show back.
And the big question is. When will we get Jon Snow back? It's so obvious he'll return. His dead body had more screen time than Bran in the entire last season.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

So it´s the necklace that makes Meiisandre look so young. Had no idea until I read it on Twitter today. Has it been mentioned in the show before?

Old 04-25-2016, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I had no clue either

EC | ADC

Old 04-25-2016, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

It was the ships that burned in Meereen, I guess the SOTH put them on fire.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So it´s the necklace that makes Meiisandre look so young. Had no idea until I read it on Twitter today. Has it been mentioned in the show before?
as far as i know nobody really expected this to happen. and in the books there wasn't anything mentioned. just that Melisandre is very very creepy but we all knew that
Old 04-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It was the ships that burned in Meereen, I guess the SOTH put them on fire.
Okay thanks I didn't get that part while watching.

Oh no she has no ships now but

Spoiler:

EC | ADC

Old 04-25-2016, 04:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
Dorne was as disappointing as in season 5 for me. I truly love the book Sand Snakes, but Doran deserved much better. They didn't do him justice. Not saying he should never die, but he was so much deeper than what the show made him look. Not to mention those stupid lines like "you need the bad pussy" and "you're such a greedy bitch". Okay to be fair I laughed at the last one but it felt like a line from a The CW show and not HBO.
To be honest with you at this point I fail to see why they introduced Doran in the first place,if they were gonna end it's arc so abruptly and meaningless.Just seems like a waste of screen time overall,that could be gone to some other character's storylines.And as of Sand Snakes...I agree with you.Their whole dialogue seems out of place for GoT universe,and they seem to be pulled off some CW show about teens or something.And even their fighting style seems...I don't know weak?Not really impressed by them considering they should be pretty bad ass right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
That was exactly my first thought after I finished with the episode.
And the funny thing for me is that I saw a pic of her somewhere before the episode aired,and I couldn't of guess that 'Gollum' was actually Melisandre.My jaw dropped after she removed her necklace.

Last edited by Agraiel; 04-25-2016 at 04:48 AM
Agraiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Doran was a cool character in the books but in the show he was really unnecessary

btw Dany always had so serious scenes but 6x01 was quiet funny with the Dothraki actually. "Seeing a naked women for the first time is AMONG the five best things in the world!" ans then "it is known", so typical. and her expressions during the walk were enjoyable too (minus the whipping scene of course). i was afraid of the Dothraki scenes but turns out i really liked it.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah. Jorah found the freaking ring in the middle of the giant wilderness

I would be fine with Doran dying if it meant that we didn't get anymore Dorne, but all of you know that that's not true. We will be getting more of Ellaria and the Sand Snakes

Really happy about the Wall scenes, Sansa/Theon scenes and Varys/Tyrion in Meereen

A bit less happy about Dany's scenes and about Jaime and Cersei's scenes in King's Landing.

Really not happy about Ramsey and Dorne scenes

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread