Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2019, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it was clearly too rushed and the fact that HBO wanted 10 episodes and D&D only 6...what fools.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
it was clearly too rushed and the fact that HBO wanted 10 episodes and D&D only 6...what fools.
bored now want dat star wars money

It's sad how many fans on the internet have written better "bittersweet" endings than what actually happened.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it's also sad how this bittersweet ending was actually just bitter.

the sweet part was only reserved for the three Stark children.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Totally agreed. It makes me think this entire journey was pointless.

EC | ADC

Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

gosh they all should have stayed in Essos. i was so hyped to see team Dany in Westeros but that was actually their biggest mistake.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Another mistake was not to listen to Lady Olenna.

EC | ADC

Old 05-22-2019, 05:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Another mistake was not to listen to Lady Olenna.
I can't express enough how much I adore Lady Olenna and how much I wiahs she was around longer to advise Dany. One of the most powerful women in Westeros would have been such fantastic guidance. I believe Olenna's advising is the reason Margaery was so beloved by the regular civilians as they were so close, she could have helped Dany learn to win over the people.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i miss the Tyrells. seeing your icon made me wish Dany and Margaery could have met as well. and Lady Olenna died too soon. i think she could have really given Dany even more advices (instead of Tyrion). i wanted her to be Dany's hand.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
i miss the Tyrells. seeing your icon made me wish Dany and Margaery could have met as well. and Lady Olenna died too soon. i think she could have really given Dany even more advices (instead of Tyrion). i wanted her to be Dany's hand.
I loved house Tyrell, especially Olenna and Margaery <3 it's why Margaery has been my icon for ages. They were cunning and could manipulate very well, but they didn't use their power to be needlessly cruel like some of the Lannisters, and they clearly loved eachother as a family. They were so good and it drove Cersei mad, which was hilarious. I would have been thrilled to have them both counsel one of my other favourite characters (especially another powerful female one!), Dany had the conqueror side down but these two could have taught her how to win the people's love and navigate the politics of Westeros.

Olenna as Dany's hand would have been so amazing! And I'd say she was qualified, she basically ruled House Tyrell instead of Mace. Tyrion was being an idiot about Cersei, her being pregnant doesn't stop her being a despicable person who tried to kill him multiple times, Olenna wouldn't have forgotten who Cersei is.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
HBO should've intervened, I know that nowadays channels intervene much less with what showrunners do and it helped the overall quality of tv shows, but if a showrunner wants to butcher a show I still think producing channel should intervene.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i think in the end D&D had the power and the say on set.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
i think in the end D&D had the power and the say on set.
Yep but they're just employees in the end like the actors and everyone else. HBO is still the company employing them and every company can fire people that threaten the companies success through mismanagement.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i also wonder how they could say okay to this.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have a very hard time believing that Margaery would give up the throne to Jon and Dany. I suppose she'd try and seduce Jon,but Dany? I don't think so.

Missandei's death was so racist and offensive. I get that they wanted to off an ally of Dany's, but they made asinine comments about slavery. They had her in chains and it was so offensive. Ugh...

In my head canon,Missandei wouldn't let her torch KL, but she'd definitely have her burn the castle.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I think dany burning down the castle would'vbe been the logical and normal reaction in her situation, what she actually did made no sense at all.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread