Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

I think, with Ward, there was just too little of his supposed worst memory. I think they should've given us more on that front, because that particular memory doesn't have to be the only thing they can flesh out about him.

As for the Asgardian, he got stabbed with an Asgardian weapon, so that part makes sense to me. It was just a little random? Maybe they needed to take him out of the equation so Ward and May could have the moments they had.

I blame the marketing department for the Thor deal. I think the episode was just a nice companion piece to the film itself, and not a direct tie-in (aside from the opening minutes). I just hope it didn't put people off from watching if they hadn't seen the film.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomySnap (View Post)
I think, with Ward, there was just too little of his supposed worst memory. I think they should've given us more on that front, because that particular memory doesn't have to be the only thing they can flesh out about him.
Exactly. Yes we know that he's had a rough childhood but it wasn't much to go on with that flashback. I felt like I wasn't that emotionally attached to it and all he felt was just rage thinking about it. So what about his parents? Is he only having trouble with his brother?

Quote:
As for the Asgardian, he got stabbed with an Asgardian weapon, so that part makes sense to me. It was just a little random? Maybe they needed to take him out of the equation so Ward and May could have the moments they had.
I think because I wasn't fan of the "villains" that I found it too easy that they stabbed the professor with it, like I couldn't believe they got away with that.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 11-20-2013 at 03:31 AM
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Hah, yeah. I think I read someone describe them as "empty", which I agree with. The idea of an actual Norse paganist hate group itself was quite good, but got lost in everything else that was going on in the episode.

Quote:
Exactly. Yes we know that he's had a rough childhood but it wasn't much to go on with that flashback. I felt like I wasn't that emotionally attached to it and all he felt was just rage thinking about it.
That's fair. I thought the way the well stuff was shot and edited was quite effective, and it needed to be because there was so little of it.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Loyal Fan

This was in the spirit of a true Marvel story: defeating the villain was the least important thing that happened.
They might not be able to feature superheroes, but they basically turned the guy into the Hulk and the girl into Sif for a few minutes.
I had my doubts about Peter MacNicol but they made the character fit his personailty.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Wrapped up this episode.

Glad the whole group went on the mission instead of being split.

Awesome to see the professor is a asgardian, really glad he didn't die!

Shocked to see Agent May touch the staff- the complete staff! What did she see?!

I doubt Ward "cheated" by going into May's room, but I am curious....

something disturbed her enough to bring a bottle of booze into her room

Oh and Coulson and Tahiti...................nuff' said
Old 11-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomySnap (View Post)
What I didn't like were the villians. They didn't really stand out to me, and it would've been fascinating if they dedicated an arc to them, rather than a few members randomly popping up throughout the episode.
I wasn't thrilled with the villains, at least in this episode. I'm like, I've seen 28 Days Later, I don't need to see it again. And the message burned into the street just reminded me of Megamind, so...

Also, Melinda May's reaction to the staff... I didn't dislike it, exactly, but it still feels a bit like a rehash of Bruce Banner's "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." line.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok any Joss fans getthe Dollhouse referance at the end of Ep with Coulson ? in Tahitti he says "Echo: Did I fall asleep?
Topher: For a little while.
Echo: Shall I go now?
Topher: If you like. Such a omage to every episode of Dollohuse as each time a doll was waken the same line was said !!

Joss teased that it would take almost the whole season to find out how coulson lived .. what is Tahiiti what did Shield do to save him .. Is he human or now part cyborg .. ?

Very good episode as we saw what it was Ward deep dark secret . Being may and Ward are like portryed as oldest adutls beside Coulson why not have them hook up ? Sky and Ward having sex would seem out of sync due ot age difference . I do feel that Jeema and Grant have a deep bond that may turn into a love story . They are portrayed as genuis geeks that normaly dont deal with love or feelings of love .

Mae who has always come off has a hardened agent who has seen her fair share of violence action . Both her and Ward gaining the same power and after effect may just be both took a long sleep . i like the idea . It may come off as simple one night stand no feelings.

peter nichols long time favorite of mine ,good to see as a alien , who may or may not turn up in the next movie ..

Last edited by Logan; 11-20-2013 at 04:12 PM
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also, Melinda May's reaction to the staff... I didn't dislike it, exactly, but it still feels a bit like a rehash of Bruce Banner's "That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." line.
Now that you mention it, it does actually.

Quote:
Ok any Joss fans getthe Dollhouse referance at the end of Ep with Coulson ?
Yup! A nice thing. I'm looking at it as what I presume it was, just a reference, rather than a hint at the overarching story.

I forgot to mention, I appreciated that they didn't do the typical story of Ward losing control and going completely off the reservation and needing to be tranqed or talked down. He realised what was happening to him and saw that it affected his work and his team, and I liked that.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Moderator Manager

After reading some recaps I guess the reason I was confused why May was able to hold her rage together was because she said she sees it everyday (unlike Ward) but we still don't have a backstory on her so it's all up in the air for now.

Also based on Coulson's dream, I'm now speculating that he's probably "told" to say "It's a magical place" everytime Tahiti is mentioned.

And I have a question, is the boy drowning Ward's little brother? Who is the bully he's talking to? I read that Ward probably feels rage recalling that memory because the kid that drowned probably died. Which would make sense because I feel unattached to his backstory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
Good catch. Does May & Banner have a connection? I'm going crazy already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Joss teased that it would take almost the whole season to find out how coulson lived .. what is Tahiiti what did Shield do to save him .. Is he human or now part cyborg .. ?
I felt that this was the first episode that really progressed on probably what happened to Coulson. A few eps back, people have stopped speculating he's LMD. And now it's back on again.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
And I have a question, is the boy drowning Ward's little brother? Who is the bully he's talking to? I read that Ward probably feels rage recalling that memory because the kid that drowned probably died. Which would make sense because I feel unattached to his backstory.
My guess is that the boy in the well was Ward's little brother, and the bully was their older brother, the one that Ward said used to beat the crap out of them. But Ward tells Skye in The Asset that he had to learn to defend both of them, so if it was, I don't think he died. We see Ward lowering the rope...maybe that was the point at which he finally decided to stand up to his older brother.

Last edited by Wild Pikachu; 11-21-2013 at 01:02 AM
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

I was a slacker this week, finally saw it last night.

The baddies of the week, not impressed at all.

Ward's backstory, eh, I was expecting more I think, I dunno.

Coulson at the end. What the hell. I want to know what this Tahiti business is now.

The Asgardian, interesting. Though the staff was more interesting. The baddies reactions, whatever, they only wanted power. Ward couldn't handle what he saw and May barely even flinched at what she saw. I really can't wait to get more backstory on her.

Ward/May, that ending can be interpreted so many ways. I don't know if I like the most obvious one everyone is jumping to, though I suppose I can see it.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
My guess is that the boy in the well was Ward's little brother, and the bully was their older brother, the one that Ward said used to beat the crap out of them. But Ward tells Skye in The Asset that he had to learn to defend both of them, so if it was, I don't think he died. We see Ward lowering the rope...maybe that was the point at which he finally decided to stand up to his older brother.
Ah thanks, would not make sense if one of the brothers died. Would make sense his urge to protect his teammates because of this experience. I still feel something lacking from this flashback though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
Coulson at the end. What the hell. I want to know what this Tahiti business is now.
That ending was something else. But I'm getting impatient.

Quote:
The Asgardian, interesting. Though the staff was more interesting. The baddies reactions, whatever, they only wanted power. Ward couldn't handle what he saw and May barely even flinched at what she saw. I really can't wait to get more backstory on her.
I read a recap where they call the baddies "Asgardian fanboys".

Quote:
Ward/May, that ending can be interpreted so many ways. I don't know if I like the most obvious one everyone is jumping to, though I suppose I can see it.
I don't like it but I am fine with it, for now.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I read a recap where they call the baddies "Asgardian fanboys".
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 11-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Good analysis there.

Another crack recap. http://alltheladiesyouhate.tumblr.co...the-well-recap

Last edited by gingerly; 11-23-2013 at 05:29 AM
Old 11-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Ahhhh. I love these things. Hilarious.
HIMYM 10 YEARS