Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerly (View Post)
Has Lincoln been confirmed as a completely new character btw? Or might he end up having the same alias as an existing character with electric powers?
Good question. The Caterpillar project, is it going to consist of the same group that Quake worked with in the comics? Because I don't think that any of the secret warriors had that power. Given the fact that Skye's already been betrayed by Ward, she doesn't need a Hellfire to join the group.

I didn't do the comic thing, so even if he was likened after an existing character, I wouldn't know. But I can't wait to see what he brings to the fold.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

People have speculated that he will end up filling the role of Hellfire - not with the same powers and stuff, but the basic idea of what the character brought to the story/his relationship with Quake, maybe. It would be interesting, but yeah after Ward it would be a bit "been there, done that" plus I really just want Lincoln to be a good guy!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
People have speculated that he will end up filling the role of Hellfire - not with the same powers and stuff, but the basic idea of what the character brought to the story/his relationship with Quake, maybe. It would be interesting, but yeah after Ward it would be a bit "been there, done that" plus I really just want Lincoln to be a good guy!
I was one of those that thought him Hellfire. Because according to wiki, Hellfire has a brother named 'Lincoln.'

I don't know, I kind of like the idea that Lincoln is/could be Ward's younger brother. Just think of the drama that could entail.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still really love that theory and think it would've been great, but I also think it's a lot less likely now that Ward has seen Lincoln and didn't seem to know who he was. He always kept tabs on his family so it would seem odd if he didn't know what his younger brother looked like now.

It's definitely a possibility though that Ward isn't Hellfire but that they might introduce Lincoln's brother at a later point

ETA: Marvel is going to stream all of SDCC (including the panels) live!

The link they mentioned (marvel.com/SDCC2015) doesn't seem to be live yet, but I assume that's going to change very soon.

Last edited by indigo sunrise; 07-07-2015 at 07:46 AM
Old 07-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Add me as a fan of him.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I'll start a list in the OP anyone else want to be on it?
Old 07-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Meeee. Also add me to the list of those that don't want him to end up a bad guy. Like he can have depth and layers to him and such, but by God please no rehash of Ward.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will add you! Yeah I'm right there with you. I'm all for him having a dark/troubled past, but he seems to have overcome that and I think his choices with Jiaying definitely showed that he's a good guy when it comes down to it. I really hope that's true!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

ME, ADD ME AS A FAN. I love Luke and his portrayal of Linc.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Done!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
I was one of those that thought him Hellfire. Because according to wiki, Hellfire has a brother named 'Lincoln.'

I don't know, I kind of like the idea that Lincoln is/could be Ward's younger brother. Just think of the drama that could entail.
Quote:
I still really love that theory and think it would've been great, but I also think it's a lot less likely now that Ward has seen Lincoln and didn't seem to know who he was.
Hah! I was just waiting for someone to bring this up before I could throw my two cents, didn't want to be the one again to start this discussion in yet another thread! I actually think this is a really strong possibility, so much that I don't even consider the chance that they aren't the same character anymore: in my mind Lincoln and Thomas are one and the same. In fact, I wrote an in-depth essay fundamenting the theory and the potential impacts this may lead into the show, feel free to check out: Blog: Is Lincoln Campbell really an alias for Thomas Ward?

But back to indigo sunrise's doubt: Personally I thought it was noteworthy that Ward was the one who took notice of Lincoln, not Coulson, and that his "Who the hell's that guy?" was ambiguous enough that could also mean that Lincoln seemed familiar to him, but he couldn't pinpoint how, hence the question.

Quote:
IHe always kept tabs on his family so it would seem odd if he didn't know what his younger brother looked like now.
I'm not sure where you got that Ward kept tabs with his family, they were pretty specific in "The One Light in the Darkness" that he doesn't:

Quote:
KOENIG: Please list your immediate family.
WARD: Two parents, a sister, two brothers. I don't have contact with any of them.
He knows about Christian because, well, his older brother's a public figure, being a senator. Thomas isn't known to be that, and if he's Lincoln he definitely wasn't that.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Haha, I was hoping you'd stop in Demileto.

However, I didn't place much interest in Ward's question of Lincoln. Only because I could easily chuck his interest as something more to do with his association with Skye.

ETA: I had to read your blog...never mind the fact that I've read your theories before. I'm glad you put it out there.

Last edited by LysCat; 07-07-2015 at 07:12 PM
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
However, I didn't place much interest in Ward's question of Lincoln. Only because I could easily chuck his interest as something more to do with his association with Skye.
Here's the thing: why would he assume a random guy he supposedly never saw before appearing out of nowhere would be associated with Skye? He could be HYDRA for all he knew! In any case the show LOVES to throw seemingly innocent moments that end up meaning a lot in hindsight - Cal's "I'll be reunited with my family in the afterlife" in The Things We Bury being a prime example - and that's the only moment in season 2 where Ward and Lincoln cross paths, to have the show give Ward a reaction and one that could later come back to bite him in the *** is significant IMO.

Quote:
ETA: I had to read your blog...never mind the fact that I've read your theories before. I'm glad you put it out there.
Me too, especially as it gave me a chance to work in thoughts that never really fit the many replies I gave about the subject, like my envisioning of Thomas as more or less like Fitz as a big throwback to the brotherly relationship Ward and Fitz had in season 1 that was lost with the betrayal.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

not having contact with them doesn't mean he couldn't have checked up on them every now and then. But yeah, I always expected Ward's family to come up again at some point (it's also a popular theory that they didn't really die, though I don't have any reason to believe that one as of now, apart from that that whole storyline felt a bit rushed and pointless if there's not going to be a follow up at some point), and Lincoln being Thomas would make a lot of sense. Plus it would give them both a very interesting storyline, which is something both of them could really use.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
not having contact with them doesn't mean he couldn't have checked up on them every now and then.
Point taken, though I'm inclined to believe he didn't, I think the last thing he wanted to do in these last 15-17 years was to be reminded of his family given how much he's traumatized by his life with them.

Quote:
it's also a popular theory that they didn't really die, though I don't have any reason to believe that one as of now, apart from that that whole storyline felt a bit rushed and pointless if there's not going to be a follow up at some point
I understand what you mean - there simply isn't a scenario where Grant doesn't go for the throat against them that makes sense. I've come to believe, however, that that is the wrong angle to look in this regard: we shouldn't be trying to think how Grant could've spared Christian and the parents but rather how Christian outsmarted Grant in his own game. Why? A few reasons:

1) Grant made a few very ominous comments about Christian in A Fractured House that makes me very suspicious about the way the older brother acts in The Things We Bury, like "he's not what he seems", "he always has an angle", "he gets joy from one thing - hurting people" and, most important, "he'll smile, bare his soul... it's all manipulation, he is a MASTER of it. Look, I know what I am, but my brother... he's worse".

2) Coulson believes Whitehall to be the mastermind of the attacks on the UN and SHIELD's safehouse in A Fractured House, but when you think about it the connection is very fragile, really coming down to the splinter bombs being made from Whitehall's research on Diviner technology. Neither Whitehall nor Bakshi acknowledge their hand in those events in later episodes and the plan doesn't fit Whitehall's MO at all - outside of that episode, his gist was researching alien biology and technology to find ways to weaponize them for Hydra, not doing frontal attacks against SHIELD per se - so the whole plot could've easily been masterminded by Christian Ward himself, who did express interest in destroying SHIELD in that very episode and contributed in a major way to the plan with his proposal of an international anti-SHIELD task force.

3) Christian knows Grant blamed him for The Well and knows his younger brother is a killer; one'd think he'd want to get everyone possible on his brother's trail and protect himself with at least two dozen security guards when he escaped custody, but that's not what happened. We learn in The Writing on the Wall that he covered up Grant's escape so that only SHIELD was looking for him and in The Things We Bury that even SHIELD's help was not wanted anymore on the premise that they're politically toxic, so basically NO ONE was looking for Grant by the time he kidnapped Christian. Seriously? Worse, he was protected by a mere TWO guards when Grant kidnapped him. Such extreme lack of concern over what Grant could do to him is really fishy IMO.

As such, I'm expecting Christian to return in a very big way in the winter finale, with the show setting him up to be the Big Bad of season 3B.

Quote:
Plus it would give them both a very interesting storyline, which is something both of them could really use.
Oh, definitely!

Last edited by Demileto; 07-09-2015 at 05:45 AM