Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I only saw the last few minutes, but those quotes reveal many things about the parallel universe these people live in.
Te X-Men have never existed in real life, comics, cartoons or film.
Carrie was never written or filmed.
Uri Geller never became famous.
With that in mind, is it still hypothetically possible to make every Marvel movie this century (except the first hulk) a true story in their universe and let them meet Charles Xavier later this season?
The story takes place after Marvel's the Avengers and obviously after Iron Man 1 and 2, captain America and Thor 1. Do any of those movies say what year it is, or what years World War II took place?
X-Men 1 starts in Poland with young Magneto's parents being put in a concentration camp. The story then proceeds to "the not too distant future". In X-Men 2 there is a different President. In X-Men 3 Beast is a cabinet member. X-Men First Class has chronology and age problems.
Iron Man 1 starts in Afghanistan, but did they officially say this was during George W. bush's 2001 War?
Perhaps Captain America has firm dates, but I haven't seen it. Could they secretly have this series in the 1960s in a parallel universe where technology changed faster and Xavier has not yet started to seek mutants secretly? If so, a few shocking things might happen in a future episode, and that might be timed to postpone cancellation. This would make the most sense and more importantly, give us a chance to see the one Marvel series that seems impossible now: Sergeant Fury and His Howling Commandos.
An excellent thread in this and all forums would be: differences between their world and ours.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

If I remember correctly, Iron Man 3 sets a specific year for the New Year's Eve party where Stark and Killian first meet, and then at least mentions the number of years that have passed between that meeting and the present, which would fix that movie's place in time. Other than that, Marvel has, for whatever reason, gone to great lengths to keep the X-Men and Avengers universes completely separate—to the point that they aren't even allowed to say the word "mutant" in the series, resorting to awkward phrases like "gifted individual."

Goof: In the episode's last scene, when we see Fitz approaching the group from behind, he is putting his right hand, which is clean, on his hip. But when the shot switches to show Fitz from the front, it is his left hand that is on his hip and his right hand which is covered with shaving cream.