Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto (View Post)
No, he wouldn't. Ward may be many bad things, but wannabe rapist is not one of them. What Ward meant by his "maybe I'll just take what I want... wake up something inside of you" in S1 Finale was to get Raina's previously mentioned dark romantic scenario to be realized:

Notice the underlined parts? That's what Ward meant by "waking up something inside of her", not some stupid rape threat. He deluded himself that Skye would love him again if she became this dark creature Raina alluded her to really be, which is why he went to great lengths to reunite her with her roots, with Cal. Seriously, there's nothing that I hate more than people crying "RAPE" when such allusion was never intended by the writers.

On a more on topic note, there's no excuse for whatever mean tweets Chloe got, and it's great to see the show's cast coming up to her defense!

And you just went the exact way the rest of the Ward's Man Pain Crew usually go .

What was he planning on taking ??? Her lunchmoney ? Stop trying to write the script the way you want Drako and his leather pants to fit your own view !!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

He probably would be capable of doing such thing, but I don't wanna spend to much time thinking about it, 'cause for this show it's kind of a dark subject. I think the script was partly definitely meant the way Demileto explained, BUT Ward's line was just a tad too creepy to really be seen any other way, meant or not.

On a happier note, a lot of tweets and IG pics of Simon and Chloe having dinner together, the goofs they are

Quote:
Truth @simonkass #frienddate

Quote:
Dinner. Deep and meaningful doesn't come close. @chloebennet is the BEST. Love you SO MUCH. #myfriendiscoolerthanyourfriend
Old 08-25-2015, 03:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbugged1814 (View Post)
And you just went the exact way the rest of the Ward's Man Pain Crew usually go .

What was he planning on taking ??? Her lunchmoney ? Stop trying to write the script the way you want Drako and his leather pants to fit your own view !!
That line was just badly written, it's as simple as that. What's FACT is that he later had the chance to do exactly what you think he impled there, when he kidnapped her from the Bus, but didn't. He could've chained her to a bed or brainwashed her to have unwilling sex with him, but he instead took her to her FATHER, an absolute no-no if he really wanted to rape her. Worse, once Skye unambiguously demonstrated that even with her family reunion she still wanted nothing to do with him you don't see Ward pursuing her anymore, even though he may still hold a torch for her.

On a more playful note, loved Chloe's friend date with Simon, nice to see he still keeps contact with his former colleagues after leaving the show.

Last edited by Demileto; 08-25-2015 at 03:38 AM
Old 08-25-2015, 04:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That line was just badly written, it's as simple as that.

Last resort of Wardist Delusion Syndrome .

If in doubt the writers and creators got it all wrong and SWW is the only authority.

This is a show that has throw away lines turn out to have meaning 30 episodes later but anything that paints St Grant of the Wooby in a bad light is wrong or badly written .

Unwilling sex = the delusions of a Ward Rape Threat Apologist
Old 08-25-2015, 04:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Last resort of Wardist Delusion Syndrome .

If in doubt the writers and creators got it all wrong and SWW is the only authority.

This is a show that has throw away lines turn out to have meaning 30 episodes later but anything that paints St Grant of the Wooby in a bad light is wrong or badly written .

Unwilling sex = the delusions of a Ward Rape Threat Apologist
I don't give a damn about SWW. I don't ship SkyeWard, the show can end with them fully apart for all I care. What intrigues me about Grant Ward is his complicated family backstory, and the storyline I've been waiting to see since "The Well" is Grant and Thomas vs Christian. Don't try to pull the whole "throw away lines having meaning 30 episodes" on me, I can pull a bunch from last season to show to you that a) Lincoln is really Thomas Ward and b) Christian Ward is totally going to be season 3B's Big Bad. Not that you'll believe me anyway.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't give a damn about SWW. I don't ship SkyeWard, the show can end with them fully apart for all I care. What intrigues me about Grant Ward is his complicated family backstory, and the storyline I've been waiting to see since "The Well" is Grant and Thomas vs Christian. Don't try to pull the whole "throw away lines having meaning 30 episodes" on me, I can pull a bunch from last season to show to you that a) Lincoln is really Thomas Ward and b) Christian Ward is totally going to be season 3B's Big Bad. Not that you'll believe me anyway.

Keep smoking the good stuff numbnuts .

As I said you are trying to re write storylines and characters to feed your own personal fanfic

Christian sleeps with the fishes .And Ward is the bad guy not a hero.

Take your delusions and Ward apologism off this thread and into the Ward thread where it belongs
Old 08-25-2015, 04:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Christian sleeps with the fishes
We saw a news report on his death, which can be faked by someome with as much political power has he had. No body, no death, classic trope. You know whose body we saw in the same episode he died? Jiaying's. We all know how THAT one went, though.

Quote:
Keep smoking the good stuff numbnuts (....) Take your delusions and Ward apologism off this thread and into the Ward thread where it belongs
I tried to respond reasonably and returning on topic every single time, you're the one who keeps responding back with insults.

But to not escalate this further, I'll see my way out.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
We saw a news report on his death, which can be faked by someome with as much political power has he had. No body, no death, classic trope. You know whose body we saw in the same episode he died? Jiaying's. We all know how THAT one went, though.

I tried to respond reasonably and returning on topic every single time, you're the one who keeps responding back with insults.

But to not escalate this further, I'll see my way out.

You came on the thread to show your Ward love on the day that once again his fans made an absolute disgrace of themselves and personally attacked Chloe which was the topic - some of the racist and mysoginistic attacks that have been made on Chloe and the two other Asian women involved and the stuff that has been said about them.

You could have just avoided the thread but your desire to big up your love for a psychotic nut bar outweighed your decency and you descended into the usually apologia for stuff the character has done
Old 08-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I can't remember to whom he said this to re: Skye that if she didn't want to willingly that he would "take" what he wanted, implying that her consent wouldn't even be required, hence it was seen as a rape threat by the majority of viewers. Ward is obsessed with Skye, no matter how much he may down play it and it's not healthy. If he can think nothing of burning several members of his family, it doesn't take a lot for people to draw the conclusions they have for Ward and what he meant when he said he would take what he wanted re: Skye. The writing could have been clearer if he didn't mean rape. And this whole thing about being "monsters together" is him wanting her validation that everything he is and did was okay and she'd join him on the dark side. She thankfully was clear headed enough to escape that creepy fate.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 08-25-2015 at 05:14 AM
Old 08-25-2015, 05:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You came on the thread to show your Ward love on the day that once again his fans made an absolute disgrace of themselves and personally attacked Chloe which was the topic - some of the racist and mysoginistic attacks that have been made on Chloe and the two other Asian women involved and the stuff that has been said about them.

You could have just avoided the thread but your desire to big up your love for a psychotic nut bar outweighed your decency and you descended into the usually apologia for stuff the character has done
Fair enough about my timing, I saw her response to the insults, not the insults themselves, so I didn't know how bad they were. I've never condoned with such irrationality, which is why I don't get involved with fan trends like SWW.

In retrospect, I did indeed come off as quite agressive in my original post, and I shouldn't have. I apologize, then, for that, as it diverted the attention from the real problem, the unacceptable insults Chloe got. I hope we can put this behind us and have more leveled discussions in the future.

In all honesty, though, there are many Ward fans who are Daisy fans as well, and it wasn't really necessary to demean him in order to elevate her: Daisy doesn't need that to showcase the strength of her character, she's a strong woman as it is. I like Daisy, I was never on the "Skye is a Mary Sue" bandwagon many on the fandom were, but getting this kind of backlash on her thread can really kill the joy one has for a character, you know?

Last edited by Demileto; 08-25-2015 at 05:47 AM
Old 08-25-2015, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

We can all interpret things differently. And people are different, so that's why some of us like some characters better than others. We're clearly all pretty down to earth on this board, none of us involved in these huge, sometimes out of hand "fandoms" than elevate some characters and actors and bash others to the ground, like it doesn't mean anything. A fall out like this can happen, and many of us most likely will never fully agree on how Ward is as a person, how he would have been without his screwed up family, and how far his obsession with Skye goes.

But I do know it's time for some cheesy, sappy hugs
Old 08-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I've never been in a fandom where opinions were just as divided as they are about Grant Ward... And that's fine, as long as we all remember it's okay to see things differently and to respect that people have different opinions! I think all that needed to be said has been said by now and if you guys want to discuss it any further, please take it to the Ward thread

To get back on topic... Those tweets/pictures from Chloe and Simon are THE BEST that totally warms my heart!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes those Simon/Chloe pics were totally adorable.

The Ward topic is a hot topic because the views are so polarized. But I'm glad this board is not the battle ground where things get so heated that we can't all be civilized. I have my own views of the character and they are not pleasant so I keep them to myself unless the platform is appropriate enough for me to share everything I think of Grant Ward. I have done that on other board but this one.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
I can't remember to whom he said this to re: Skye that if she didn't want to willingly that he would "take" what he wanted, implying that her consent wouldn't even be required, hence it was seen as a rape threat by the majority of viewers. Ward is obsessed with Skye, no matter how much he may down play it and it's not healthy. If he can think nothing of burning several members of his family, it doesn't take a lot for people to draw the conclusions they have for Ward and what he meant when he said he would take what he wanted re: Skye. The writing could have been clearer if he didn't mean rape. And this whole thing about being "monsters together" is him wanting her validation that everything he is and did was okay and she'd join him on the dark side. She thankfully was clear headed enough to escape that creepy fate.

He said it directly to her in Cybertech just before she set May on him in the Season 1 finale.

I think what they wrote spoke for itself .Others will try to spin that and anything else he has ever done to be either bad writing, not knowing the character they created better than the Ward fans own personal viewpoint .or it is everyone elses fault for anything he does.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
He said it directly to her in Cybertech just before she set May on him in the Season 1 finale.

I think what they wrote spoke for itself .Others will try to spin that and anything else he has ever done to be either bad writing, not knowing the character they created better than the Ward fans own personal viewpoint .or it is everyone elses fault for anything he does.
What he did in 2x09 and 2x10 when he had the chance to go through with such rape threats also speaks for itself, but never mind what I say, I'm clearly ignorant!

Can we drop this discussion? Like, now? We agree to disagree and never speak of it anymore here. Feel free to post your thoughts on this in a very clearly named Ward Hate thread that I'll be sure to keep 100 steps away from it, but as far as I know character/actress appreciation threads don't clearly have a "Ward hate here! Beware!" plaque, so discussion on the subject should be as neutral as possible, which your original rape comment wasn't in the first place.