Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

Ah, it'll be good to see Skye with Mike again! I really loved their scenes last season. I like to think he'll be a positive influence for her, like Fitz and (hopefully) the other Inhumans.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really can't wait to see the two of them together again! Out of everyone on the team he always connected most with her, and now they have more in common than before and I'm sure he'll be able to relate to her having these powers that feel bigger than herself at the moment. I'm sure she'll be so happy to see him.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Chloe Bennet on the 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' finale — and finally impressing her siblings | Atlanta Sun Times

Misleading header - she doesn't mention the finale apart from saying she is going to hang out with Austin on The Walking Dead set after they wrap on SHIELD
Old 04-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great interview. Thanks for posting!
Old 04-13-2015, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Skye and Daredevil were in the same orphanage

Saint Agnes Orphanage - Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki
Old 04-13-2015, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

That's a pretty sweet connection. Props to the person that found it!

Does this mean Skye and Matt could know one another?
Old 04-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I noticed the mention of St. Agnes in the second DD ep! Very cool I think Skye is a fair bit younger than Matt so I doubt their paths would have crossed, but it's still really interesting!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
I noticed the mention of St. Agnes in the second DD ep! Very cool I think Skye is a fair bit younger than Matt so I doubt their paths would have crossed, but it's still really interesting!

It will be about 5 years difference between them .He has just passed the bar .

So she was in and out until she was 15 and she ran .So there is a good chance they were in at the same time .

If they ever decide he (and The Defenders at that point ) needs put on the index she would be the one to send with The Welcome Wagon
Old 04-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of Chloe Bennet's actual age, I forgot until last episode that Skye is a couple years older than she is

hah, cute.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't remember where I read it, but one of the writers (I can't remember who) said they always intended to explore Daisy. I wonder what happened to all of those people who hated Skye's character last season.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen people say things like "they realised people hated her so they decided to make her into a superhero lol" but to me it was really obvious from the start that this was where they were always going to go with her character. I'm pretty sure they knew from before they even started shooting the show who she was going to turn out to be eventually, and I think they played that out really well. There are so many little hints in S1 and S2 leading up to the winter finale. I never got any of the Skye hate either, but that's just me I loved her from the start.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I did too. And from the very beginning I loved her character and what she brought to the show. I only ever post here when it comes to fan sites and what not, so I didn't see much of the hate, but I did hear about it.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, I definitely know she was seen as a Mary Sue in the beginning, which only made it really hilarious when it was revealed they named her Mary Sue Poots at the orphanage I think that was a pretty deliberate move from the writers though, just like they made Ward seem like Joe Normal for a big portion of S1, people complained about how he was whitebread and boring and then bam, that big reveal. With Skye her transformation was a bit more subtle, but I do think it was deliberate that they showed her as a somewhat predictable character at first only to quickly break her out of that role.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
Oh yeah, I definitely know she was seen as a Mary Sue in the beginning, which only made it really hilarious when it was revealed they named her Mary Sue Poots at the orphanage I think that was a pretty deliberate move from the writers though, just like they made Ward seem like Joe Normal for a big portion of S1, people complained about how he was whitebread and boring and then bam, that big reveal. With Skye her transformation was a bit more subtle, but I do think it was deliberate that they showed her as a somewhat predictable character at first only to quickly break her out of that role.
Yeah, that name had to have been a nod to those fans. I watch the show, my husband doesn't. However, I did manage to get him to watch season 1 on DVD, it took a while to get through it, but we finally finished it. But when they did that lie detector portion at the new base and he heard Skye's name, he was totally confused. I had to pause it to explain to him what a 'Mary Sue' was and then how some of the shows fans hated her and that it was a deliberate move on the side of the writers.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I doubt a lot of people who don't really go online to discuss fandom are familiar with what a 'Mary Sue' is, so it definitely was a nod to the people in the fandom who were aware of the way certain people felt about her.

Tomorrow is the last day of shooting season 2 of #agentsofshield Arthur is exhausted.

Awww
Closed Thread   Post New Thread